"Cloughie" documentary

madras

Will be Sky+ing this. Is ITV Player on their site, madras?

just google itv player. on the main page there is an a-z option, choose G-H-I and it's the first thing there.

any forum nazis out there ok it for me to provide a link to it ?

It's funny that there's more coverage of football than ever before and yet there's nowhere near as much honesty about as there was in that Yorkshire TV interview etc.

it's what some have been saying for years about manager/player interviews etc

Thought that was a great documentary. Being at the age I am, although I knew of him, his personality and what he did, I found it fascinating to hear about some of the examples of his behaviour. Great watch that was.

League titles with Derby and Notts Forest, and two European Cups. That still has me shaking my head whenever I think about it. Surely no manager has ever achieved so much with so little.

It's funny that there's more coverage of football than ever before and yet there's nowhere near as much honesty about as there was in that Yorkshire TV interview etc.

Would love to see that interview with him and Revie in full.

Would love to see that interview with him and Revie in full.

Check out the 2nd post in this thread. Instructions are in there. :)

Thought that was a great documentary. Being at the age I am, although I knew of him, his personality and what he did, I found it fascinating to hear about some of the examples of his behaviour. Great watch that was.

aye, really enjoyed that.

Guest Phil K

You know, if I was a makem, I'd always rage against their directors of the mid-70s.

Because Cloughie applied for their job and they gave it to Jimmy Adamson instead - Adamson went on to make a dogs dinner of the job, and Cloughie went on to make a tenth rate midlands side (Notts Forest) into champions and European Cup winners.

Using the players who he would have brought in to Sunderland if given the job.

And to be fair, if Cloughie had done for Sunderland what he'd done for Forest, they would have hung on in there due to their support potential.

Which is what was scuppered Forest as theirs is about half of the makems.

Yep, I'd want to string up the b*st*rd directors who did that.

Who knows ? Westwood and co may well have done the same Gordon Lee period. But it's never leaked out.