"O'Neill is no better than Roeder"

Menace

come back when Villa actually acheive anything more than they have in the recent past

Villa's aim for this season was clearly to stay well clear of relegation, having lost only 1 game and played big teams ( Arsenal away, Liverpool away, Chelsea away ) I think they have already achieved this, personally I think they will get UEFA cup this season.

come back when Villa actually acheive anything more than they have in the recent past

Your point is shit.  You're making out everyone here is saying he's going to win the league with them or that they're even aiming for that themselves.  Really what we are trying to say is that O'Neill is a so much more better manager than Roeder. 

I mean, would you rather have Roeder than O'Neill?  Do you think Roeder is just as good a manager as O'Neill?  If so, please back it up.

Come back when Newcastle are joint bottom of the league.  Oh.

He doesn't have to win the league to be better than Roeder, just not preside over cataclysmic freefall.

• 2 months later...
Guest Toon Barmy

As we are on the same points as villa and still in the fa cup and uefa cup.  Would things be any better with oneil here?  He's already blaming injuries.

thoughts?

Roeder will never be the manager O'neil is,he took villa from a relegation threatend side and managed  to create a  great team who will cause anyone trouble,he didnt even spent alot in doing so,and he is slowly starting to use the teams  youth team to create bright stars for that future such as Agbonlahor and Osbourne,all that in half a season

Roeder meanwhile..

As we are on the same points as villa and still in the fa cup and uefa cup.  Would things be any better with oneil here?  He's already blaming injuries.

thoughts?

I think we would have picked up wins against the teams we should have beat.  Smogs, Charlton, Fulham and Sheffield for instance.  His motivating

of players is second to none, but he's no better tactically than Roeder.  We'll see at the end of the season, I suppose.

Roeder will never be the manager O'neil is,he took villa from a relegation threatend side and managed  to create a  great team who will cause anyone trouble,he didnt even spent alot in doing so,and he is slowly starting to use the teams  youth team to create bright stars for that future such as Agbonlahor and Osbourne,all that in half a season

Roeder meanwhile..

People are getting so carried away with O'Niell at Villa.  Does noone remember where O'learly got them in his first season?

(6th btw, level on points with 5th)

Roeder meanwhile..

Getting a bit carried away there like..... 

Guest Knightrider

He is, but not by any big distance and I bet Roeder would succeed in Scotland, just look at Strachan. Roeder is a better coach, albeit because O'Neill isn't a coach or doesn't coach. Big Sam pisses all over O'Neill though tbh and I can't believe some of the reactions whenever his name has been touted, yet tons of people were creaming themselves at the prospect of O'Neill in the summer.