New Forum - Topic spacing

Guest GMRK

Any chance the amount oif spacing between topics can be reduced?

I'm only getting 14 topics per page (excluding stickied topics), there's far more space than text it's currently about 1 line of text with three lines of spacing.

Thanks!

It's more the space between the topics - I know it takes time to get used to something unfamiliar and initial user reactions are usually of the 'I liked it better the old way' type, but it seems as if the linespacing could be tightened up a bit to display more topics in the same amount of space?

I work with a high-res monitor set at 1600x1200 so I can see a lot at once, in the old forum I could see maybe 20-30 posts on a single screen without scrolling, I'll try and do some screenshots later to show you what I mean.

This could be something different, but I'm not sure, so I'll post it here too. The spacing of posts themselves are quite large, i'm seeing something like this:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8569/spaces1gj.th.jpg

Which leaves me with about 2/3 posts on average, about half what it used to.

Presumably it's because the details and options under the avatar used to be horizontally, rather than vertically set. I'm running firefox with a 1280x1024 resolution, if that helps.

Guest Howaythetoon

It's the same for most of us. Not really anything we can do. One line replies will leave a huge white space, a few words will pad a post out leaving none.

How about moving the profile, PM and website buttons to the bottom of the post, and horizontally lined up, so that it takes up only one line? Any mileage in that? Or is the board set as is.

I've found that by switching off avatars, you can cut down the post size by around a third, which is quite handy.