Kazenga LuaLua

ChrisJbarnes

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5103487,00.html?DCMP=KNC-SkyTicker1

Championship outfit Doncaster have completed a double swoop for Kazenga LuaLua and Gary Woods.

Newcastle youngster LuaLua, the younger brother of former Magpies forward Lomana, has moved to the Keepmoat Stadium on a one-month loan deal.

The teenage striker, who has made four appearances for Newcastle this season, has been brought in as a direct replacement for Jason Price, who has joined Millwall.

look forward to seeing smith and butt for the rest of the season then!

What's the problem like? He wasn't getting a shot here.

You just answered your own question.

Well aye, it's more bollocks treatment of our younger players from the coaching staff. But i'm not gonna whinge about him going out on loan; it'll do him the world of good if he puts his head down.

Well aye, it's more bollocks treatment of our younger players from the coaching staff. But i'm not gonna whinge about him going out on loan; it'll do him the world of good if he puts his head down.

Personally I'd rather have him here in case we need to put him on the bench during our relegation battle. In the unlikely event players get injured you know.

Personally I'd rather have him here in case we need to put him on the bench during our relegation battle. In the unlikely event players get injured you know.

Alright, no need to get sarcy about it. He's never gonna get a start here and his fleeting substitue appearances have been promising at best, and it's like pulling teeth with these cretins trying to get him on the pitch.

This move will do the lad more good than harm.

Alright, no need to get sarcy about it. He's never gonna get a start here and his fleeting substitue appearances have been promising at best, and it's like pulling teeth with these cretins trying to get him on the pitch.

Pretty much how I see it to be honest. He's not playing here, so getting some brief experience at a decent competitive level should do him good.

Alright, no need to get sarcy about it. He's never gonna get a start here and his fleeting substitue appearances have been promising at best, <b>and it's like pulling teeth with these cretins trying to get him on the pitch.

</b>

The bold part is what confounds me. Why start an ineffective right back over an apparently promising young midfielder?

It's good for him, and it's nice to think that we've sent him down as sort of a scout.

The sracasm isn't directed at you, it's just how i feel about the management of the squad in general, from crap substitutions, poor team selections and our lack of options in some parts of the pitch altogether.

**** me  :lol: A player who's not even good enough for the first team gets loaned out and everyone starts crying?

I think people are pissed because he does seem good enough, yet the people keeping him out of the team are not.

Our joke of a management staff refusing to give young blood a chance and sticking with the same old bunch of has beens.

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/NewsFeatures/0,,10329~1603882,00.html

Doncaster Rovers welcomed Newcastle United winger Kazenga LuaLua to South Yorkshire on Thursday afternoon, with the 18 year-old champing at the bit to get started.

LuaLua, the younger brother of former Newcastle United and Portsmouth striker Lomana, has made five senior appearances for the Toon, since graduating from the St. James' Park outfit's youth system and is looking to get some regular football under his belt in his month-long stay at Keepmoat Stadium.

Kazenga signed on loan shortly after having his first training session under Sean O'Driscoll at Rovers' Cantley Park Training Ground and, as LuaLua reveals, the move came about very quickly.

"It was two days ago when I was in training; the reserve manager spoke to me and told me that I would be going on loan to Doncaster," explains Kazenga.

"I was happy when he told me and yesterday my agent phoned me and told me that I would actually be coming to Doncaster the next day. I arrived at Doncaster train station at 10:30 today (Thursday) and my agent came to pick me up. I then came to training and it has been very good."

"I have met all of the lads and they are really nice people," says LuaLua on his first impressions of Doncaster Rovers Football Club.

"Today was my first day in training and all of the players have been nice to me and made me feel welcome. I'm sure that they will all help me settle in well."

Kazenga's first day of training allowed the Rovers' new loan signing the chance to play alongside members of the Club's first team; something that LuaLua has not done on a regular basis at Newcastle United.

"At Newcastle United, I don't often train with the first team unless they have injuries to players. If the injured players are back, I normally train with the reserves and the under-18 lads. I told my agent that I wanted to go on loan to a team where the experience would be good for me at my age and he told me to speak to (Newcastle United Executive Director of Football) Dennis Wise. I spoke to Dennis Wise and he said that Doncaster would be a good place for me to go and I was really happy to hear that."

"Dennis Wise told me that Doncaster Rovers are a good team, with a good manager. Dennis knows the manager here well and he told me that he is a good man. He told me that they like to play football, they don't play long-ball and that made me happy, because that is the way that I like to play football. I would play long-ball football, though, if it meant playing in games and getting the experience."

LuaLua is set to start a full week's training on Monday morning and could go straight into the Rovers squad for the visit of Watford on Saturday 4th April, an exciting prospect for a player hungry for first team action.

"That's why I have come here - to play football. I feel I need to play the first team football to get the experience for myself and then we'll see what happens. From my first day today, everything here seems good and I really enjoyed the training today."

For many Doncaster Rovers supporters, Lomana will be the better known of the LuaLua brothers; however Kazenga is a player that promises to offer a lot to Rovers push to ensure Championship football for another season.

"I like to take players on and I like to beat players. I have good pace, with or without the ball. If the manager gives me my chance, I will be doing my very best to take that chance. As I have said, I'm looking forward to getting some experience but my main strength is taking people on. I can play on the left or the right wing or I can play just behind the striker - but if the manager told me to play anywhere, I would play there."

The move to Doncaster will have been made easier for Kazenga, thanks to the sight of a familiar face, whose brother is also at St. James' Park.

"I knew Tomi Ameobi and I know his brother Shola. I knew Tomi from when he was playing at Newcastle and it's nice for me to have a friend from Newcastle here at Doncaster. It makes it a lot easier to settle."

LuaLua, who will wear the number 27 shirt vacated by Craig Nelthorpe, will remain at DN4 for the next month and the player's aim for that spell is simple.

"The month that I am here, I want to try my best. I want to improve myself and this is the first time that I have come out on loan to a club and to come to Doncaster has been really nice; I'm just here to try my best and do well."

Wonder if Wise consulted the manager/coach?