England Double Header (Slovakia and Ukraine)

Neil

Generally interested to see if there's actually that much interest in these 2 games, especially the Ukraine one.

IMO, a win against Ukraine and we're pretty much there in Saaf Africa.

Also, felt sorry for Capello in that interview today. Almost pleading with the reporters to talk about the 2 matches as opposed to constantly going on about Rooney, Gerrard and Beckham.

Guest Darth Toon

Couldn't care about either. The only plus point of England playing is that we won't get beat this weekend.

And that we don't actually have to worry about any of our players getting injured....

Enjoy watching England again since the start of this qualification campaign.

Probably a consequence of many factors like England actually winning games and scoring some goals and Newcastle being what it is :D

Guest Mucky01

it’s all about how many caps Beckham gets it seems.

all silly really when you realise how many have been given out recently (Sven main culprit), Rooneys on 47 caps already and he’s only 23!

all silly really when you realise how many have been given out recently (Sven main culprit), Rooneys on 47 caps already and he’s only 23!

C. Ronaldo has 64 caps already, England haven't played any more games than any other international team, I don't see what the problem is?

The fact that Capello dropped Beckham kinda makes your first argument redundant as well.

Interest in England has wained massively, but Capello's renewed a little bit of it, because we actually look like a side that's difficult to beat.

But i can't say i'll have much affiliation for England whilst deplorable cretins like Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Gerrard, Lampard, SWP, Rooney remain our figureheads.

Couldn't care about either. The only plus point of England playing is that we won't get beat this weekend.

And that we don't actually have to worry about any of our players getting injured....

Not in this international maybe not, there are others though. Please get back in one piece please Martins

Guest Mucky01

C. Ronaldo has 64 caps already, England haven't played any more games than any other international team, I don't see what the problem is?

The fact that Capello dropped Beckham kinda makes your first argument redundant as well.

Jeeeezzz, what I was referring to was that all the media is obsessed with is Beckhams caps record, yet this is pointless as the 50 year old record is going to be smashed soon because of the massive amount of substitutes used these days, in comparison to Bobby Moore's day when there weren’t any subs.

What’s Capello/Ronaldo got to do with anything?

Had to sell my ticket for Saturday due to SKY being wankers and fucking up what would have been a cracking weekend. Will be there on Wednesday though, looking forward to it. As Neil said, win this and we're pretty much in SA next year.

Jeeeezzz, what I was referring to was that all the media is obsessed with is Beckhams caps record, yet this is pointless as the 50 year old record is going to be smashed soon because of the massive amount of substitutes used these days, in comparison to Bobby Moore's day when there weren’t any subs.

What’s Capello/Ronaldo got to do with anything?

You're not making any sense.  It's got nothing to do with subs.

Rooney's got 47 caps because he's England's best forward and has been for a good few years now.  Beckham's got so many because he was a world class player for a good 10 years, and even now can still do a bit part job.

Ronaldo's got so many for Portugal already because he's been one of the world's best players for a few years now.  Messi's only 21 and already got 34 caps for Argentina for the same reason. 

Are you starting to follow the pattern..

"Rooney's got 47 caps because he's England's best forward and has been for a good few years now Beckham's got so many because he was a world class player for a good 10 years, and even now can still do a bit part job."

years when we've won absolutely nowt of course

Guest BooBoo

I just dont really see any other point to tomorrows game than Wembley paying another chunk of their debts off.

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I am always amazed at the amount of English people who don't care about their national team. I can't even imagine not caring about my country. It's the same with pretty much everyone I know. I mean even the old ladies in my family are very interested during the major tournaments. I mean is it just an English thing, or do the Irish and Welsh (I woudn't blame them tbh :lol:) have the same mentality  as well.

I mean is it just an English thing, or do the Irish and Welsh (I woudn't blame them tbh :lol:) have the same mentality  as well.

I can't speak for the Republic, but it definitely doesn't apply to Northern Ireland.

Officially the best fans in Europe!

Guest toonlass

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I am always amazed at the amount of English people who don't care about their national team. I can't even imagine not caring about my country. It's the same with pretty much everyone I know. I mean even the old ladies in my family are very interested during the major tournaments. I mean is it just an English thing, or do the Irish and Welsh (I woudn't blame them tbh :lol:) have the same mentality  as well.

I can't speak for the other home nations but the Scottish national team have a great support and the Scots follow what is happening closely.