Daum linked

bodson

Reports in Germany says Christophe Daum is about to take over as our new coach.

I dont think that there is any truth in it. Though I think it would be an excellent move for us. He has a very successfull record and was about to take over the German national side a cople of years ago. This didn´t happen because it turned out that he had used cocaine.

Other reports says that he is "in line" to tkae over at Bayern Munich...

Houllier sounds frigging awesome.

Agreed.

He didn't get the praise he deserved for 5 trophies in 12 months at Liverpuddle.

Some of his signings let him down badly, but he laid the foundations for Rafas succes, and Rafa being an excellent manager helped - can you imagine Livepool giving the job to Roeder ?

Houllier is an old fashioned manager, never loses his cool, knowledgeable, father-figure to the immature over paid turds that are footballers today, more english type manager than most Brits, speaks superb english (better than most scousers thats for sure ! bluelaugh.gif) and did a great job at resurrecting Lyon.

He's the man to help save this season (no thanks to fat bastard and Roeder)

Is it strange that all of a sudden there's Sven saying he wants to get back to managing a club as soon as possible. I still see him as the man we will get if Fred chooses.

Yeah - I think it may be moneybags Sven.

I'd far rather have an honest talented man like Gerard Houllier though

Rather than Ericsson who'll have the multi-million pay off sorted out FIRST.

Still - the rewards for a SUCCESSFUL newcastle would be incalculable.

One thing Shepherd cant seem to wrapo his head around.

He's gone for 2 utter disasters as manager so far, he can't - CAN'T - screw it up yet again.

Is it strange that all of a sudden there's Sven saying he wants to get back to managing a club as soon as possible. I still see him as the man we will get if Fred chooses.

Yeah - I think it may be moneybags Sven.

I'd far rather have an honest talented man like Gerard Houllier though

Rather than Ericsson who'll have the multi-million pay off sorted out FIRST.

Still - the rewards for a SUCCESSFUL newcastle would be incalculable.

One thing Shepherd cant seem to wrapo his head around.

He's gone for 2 utter disasters as manager so far, he can't - CAN'T - screw it up yet again.

Want a bet!

His achievements:

1989 2nd place with 1.FC Cologne

1990 2nd place with 1.FC Cologne

1992 German Champion with VfB Stuttgart

1992 German Supercup-Winner with VfB Stuttgart

1994 Turkish Cup-Winner with Beşiktaş Istanbul

1994 Turkish Supercup-Winner with Beşiktaş Istanbul

1995 Turkish Champion with Beşiktaş Istanbul

1997 2nd place with Bayer Leverkusen 

1999 2nd place with Bayer Leverkusen

2000 2nd place with Bayer Leverkusen

2003 Austrian Champion and Cup-Winner with Austria Vienna

2004 Turkish Champion with Fenerbahçe Istanbul

2005 Turkish Champion with Fenerbahçe Istanbul

2006 2nd place with Fenerbahçe Istanbul

I don't like Daum as a person as he is a dodgy character. But he is a great coach/manager. He really understands to motivate his players and make them perform. He took all his teams to the top of the table and with Cologne and Leverkusen was really unlucky not to win the title (though with Stuttgart, he was lucky to win it in the very last minute of the season). He also likes to play attractive, attacking football. I'd take him in a second.

SSN - Sven

Sven Goran Eriksson has said he is ready to return to management and confirmed he has already held talks about a number of positions outside of England.

Eriksson has been linked with several jobs since stepping down as England boss at the end of the World Cup, with Newcastle, West Ham, Internazionale, South Africa and Nigeria all reportedly keen.

The Swede is determined to get back into football and is open to offers from interested parties.

"I have been ready for a long time. It is the first time in my life that I have been without a job for such a long time, and I am talking about 30 years," he told Sky Sports News.

"I am not used to it and I hope the right job will come soon.

"In football it has always been the same when a team loses one or two games. It is the same in Italy - I have been linked with Inter every time they lose.

"In England, with the two clubs you talk about [Newcastle and West Ham], there has been no contact at all. It is only rumours.

"There have been some discussions, but with no English clubs and no Italian clubs, some others, but I am waiting for the right job and I hope it will come soon."

Eriksson admits it is flattering to hear his name crop up so often, but stressed that he was looking for the right opportunity.

Listing what he would like to see from his new employers, Eriksson said: "Ambition from the club or the country, and the chance to achieve the objectives which I put up.

"It can be reach Europe, to win the league or to reach the Champions League, whichever it is.

"That is the most important. Where the club is - it's not that that important to me.

"The day when they don't link you with any club at all it is much worse."

Eriksson also offered his views on this season's Premiership, which he revealed he was still following closely.

"I don't follow it as I have done for the last five years but of course I look at English, Italian and Spanish football," he explained.

"It would be good for the Premiership if the race is very tight but I don't know. I suppose when you come to February, March, April, if those teams are still in the UEFA Champions League, they will have matches twice a week, and that is when you will see who has the better squad.

"They all have different styles but they all play good football. When Arsenal are on fire it is very good to see because they move the ball so quickly, but Chelsea and Manchester United are playing very well at the moment and Liverpool will come I think."

Sir Alex Ferguson celebrates 20 years as Manchester United manager on Monday and Eriksson is full of admiration for the Scottish tactician.

"I have to take off my hat and say congratulations because it is amazing to stay at one club for 20 years. And with the results he has had, so it is fantastic," he praised.

"I think he has been very, very important for the history of Manchester United. He has built many teams and I think he is building a new one. It is a great achievement.

"He is a fighter and an excellent manager."

Eriksson paid tribute to Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho too, and the personality he has brought to The Premiership.

"Mourinho is a character, especially in press conferences. From what I know of him I think he is a very good man and he was always very helpful when I was England manager.

"And of course he is an excellent manager. His record over the past five or six years is better than anybody else."

Daum's day scenario?

This is Christoph Daum, 53 year-old coach who has presided over title -winning teams in both Turkey and his native Germany.

Currently jobless after having been booted out of Fenerbahce earlier this year, Daum is now being linked with a job at SJP.

The German "Express" newspaper claims that Daum was offered a job at Newcastle (possibly a Director of Football type role) before our victory against Palermo.

It had been predicted that the former Cologne, Stuttgart and Leverkusen coach was set for an imminent return to a Bundesliga club - with Schalke 04 and SV Hamburg both suggested.

However Daum has revealed that he is currently considering two firm offers of employment from clubs outside Germany - with "Express" naming us as one of those.

Daum does have past form for this, claiming in 2001 that he was on the verge of taking the Atletico Madrid job - something laughed off by the Spaniards as total nonsense.

He also enjoyed something of a lurid reputation in times past, a bid to become German national team boss in 2000 backfiring in sensational style, when he fled to the USA after testing positive for cocaine.     

Speculation:

First signing?

If the Daum story does have legs, the interesting part of it would appear to be to whom he was speaking and where his job offer came from.

With the club continuing to move towards a takeover situation behind the scenes, it seems reasonable to assume that the so-far unidentified potential new owners would be working on their staffing plans.

Taking that to its logical conclusion, the current administration at SJP would then be able to deny the Daum story (or indeed continued speculation about Sven) with total honesty, having no direct involvement.

interesting

Daum's day scenario?

This is Christoph Daum, 53 year-old coach who has presided over title -winning teams in both Turkey and his native Germany.

Currently jobless after having been booted out of Fenerbahce earlier this year, Daum is now being linked with a job at SJP.

The German "Express" newspaper claims that Daum was offered a job at Newcastle (possibly a Director of Football type role) before our victory against Palermo.

It had been predicted that the former Cologne, Stuttgart and Leverkusen coach was set for an imminent return to a Bundesliga club - with Schalke 04 and SV Hamburg both suggested.

However Daum has revealed that he is currently considering two firm offers of employment from clubs outside Germany - with "Express" naming us as one of those.

Daum does have past form for this, claiming in 2001 that he was on the verge of taking the Atletico Madrid job - something laughed off by the Spaniards as total nonsense.

He also enjoyed something of a lurid reputation in times past, a bid to become German national team boss in 2000 backfiring in sensational style, when he fled to the USA after testing positive for cocaine.   

Speculation:

First signing?

If the Daum story does have legs, the interesting part of it would appear to be to whom he was speaking and where his job offer came from.

With the club continuing to move towards a takeover situation behind the scenes, it seems reasonable to assume that the so-far unidentified potential new owners would be working on their staffing plans.

Taking that to its logical conclusion, the current administration at SJP would then be able to deny the Daum story (or indeed continued speculation about Sven) with total honesty, having no direct involvement.

interesting

blueeek.gif

Guest pedros-mighty-chin

"Christoph Daum, Superstar, sniffs more toot than Escobar"

I can imagine all 15,000 people singing that when play Southend at home next year.