Its Sunday Funday

Skirge

Regardless or not of whether he scouted for Arsenal, being a director isn't a case of simply being a scout. I can't for a second imagine he's got the array of worldwide contacts that Dennis Wise has, nor the organisational or communication/persuasive skills. And just to go back to his health issues, i doubt he has the stanima to be an effective, mobile director of football.

Wise would hardly be my first choice either tbh. Wise's problem here has always been that he's called Dennis Wise.

Guest Heneage

If you wanted the best Director of Football, It would have to be Sven Goran Eriksson. Even if he would only do it for 2-3 years, be money well spent.

Regardless or not of whether he scouted for Arsenal, being a director isn't a case of simply being a scout. I can't for a second imagine he's got the array of worldwide contacts that Dennis Wise has, nor the organisational or communication/persuasive skills. And just to go back to his health issues, i doubt he has the stanima to be an effective, mobile director of football.

Wise would hardly be my first choice either tbh. Wise's problem here has always been that he's called Dennis Wise.

Wise hasn't got worldwide contacts either I don't think.  The contacts come mainly from Vetere I think, and so he would still be there when Wise leaves.

Wise recruited Vetere didn't he? I wouldn't be surprised to see him go; Jimenez did. Wise is the source, that's what i mean. He probably didn't specifically recruit the guy in Brazil who scouted Caio Ferreira... a good scouting network is just a tangled web of people and contacts. Wise clearly has it.

Honestly, what the hell has Joe Kinnear got? He's been out of the game for four years (and prior to then, where the fuck was he - bottom of the Championship iirc) and he's a cretin. Atleast Wise was constantly active before he came here, fresh from a successful playing career to.

Wise recruited Vetere didn't he? I wouldn't be surprised to see him go; Jimenez did. Wise is the source, that's what i mean. He probably didn't specifically recruit the guy in Brazil who scouted Caio Ferreira... a good scouting network is just a tangled web of people and contacts. Wise clearly has it.

Honestly, what the hell has Joe Kinnear got? He's been out of the game for four years (and prior to then, where the fuck was he - bottom of the Championship iirc) and he's a cretin. Atleast Wise was constantly active before he came here, fresh from a successful playing career to.

Only time can tell whether the scouting network the club has is any good. Probably anyone can set up a network of contacts. What abilities these contacts have is anyones guess.

Aye absolutely. It seems to be going reasonably well at the moment though, the only youngster that's totally bombed (so far) is Zamblera. So it seems anyway.

I was gutted when i heard that Kadar lad got injured. Sounded like he was doing really well.

Chris Mort got all of them in.

Boruc has lost the plot this season. He would cost at least 8m though. Don't see why they would move Kinnear upstairs. What exactly would he offer? Seems his motivational skills are his main attribute.

Aye absolutely. It seems to be going reasonably well at the moment though, the only youngster that's totally bombed (so far) is Zamblera. So it seems anyway.

I was gutted when i heard that Kadar lad got injured. Sounded like he was doing really well.

Ditto. Apparently he was coming on in leaps and bounds. Shame.

Ashley and co's love affair with Kinnear is simply absurd. Just what has he done to convince them that he's so valuable that they must beg him to stay as director of football if he turns down the manager job?

Kinnear would be good DOF if we survive he earn that job...

I assume you mean he'd be good for Ashley.  He earned it, in that he's said anything to cover his bosses arse, even if it makes him look a complete prat.  He doesn't cause any trouble by asking for the tools to do his job well, but is happy to underachieve without any help as long as he gets paid and he's got about as much pedigree as the bloke he'd be replacing - Dennis Wise.