ADMINISTRATION!!! (a possibility, says the Sunday Express)

cp40

I have heard this rumour now from a number of sources.

That ashley is considering putting the club into Administration.

What are the implications of such a move?

What are the consequences?

How did we end up here.?

Discuss.....

I laughed when i first heard and still have a little chuckle about it now.

Would Ashley be putting the club into admin so he can pay himself or escape paying himself???

Its newcastle, Anything can happen, we are like the Island in Lost.

I laughed when i first heard and still have a little chuckle about it now.

Would Ashley be putting the club into admin so he can pay himself or escape paying himself???

Its newcastle, Anything can happen, we are like the Island in Lost.

I wish the light would flash and take me back to 1992.

For christs sake man paddock, change that thread title. almost gave me a coronary, i haven't read this article or whatever it is yet.

Deliberate, attention grabbing headline.

For christs sake man paddock, change that thread title. almost gave me a coronary, i haven't read this article or whatever it is yet.

Whore.

Whore.

Yes,

but this story will run, and if theres an ounce of truthg in it, its the biggest thing that could happen to the club,...worthy of its own thread.

I wouldnt be surprised if this story had legs. You'd have to have some imagination to suddenly think of this story, imo.

Plus, most stuff the papers have written about Ashley in the past have been correct, there's no saying this wont be any different.

I pray this is BS, though.

Guest Howaythetoon

It wouldn't make any sense. Then again, neither does half the stuff that happens at Newcastle...

Aren't the club's only debts to Mike Ashley?

As big a prick as he is surely he wouldn't put us in administration to pay himself?!

Not only to pay himself, but take a massive, massive hit on what he's owed. 

I don't think it makes sense, but then neither does getting relegated just because you want to keep a half dead/half mental Joe Kinnear as manager. Who knows.

appointing Keegan, then Wise to oversee him made no sense.

If ashley had backed Keegan, with 30 million, it would have paid for itself, relative to where we are now, and what ashley has lost.

I don't think it makes sense, but then neither does getting relegated just because you want to keep a half dead/half mental Joe Kinnear as manager. Who knows.

appointing Keegan, then Wise to oversee him made no sense.

If ashley had backed Keegan, with 30 million, it would have paid for itself, relative to where we are now, and what ashley has lost.

Keegan shmeegan, he would have quit somewhere down the line. Appointing him was mental aswell in hindsight.

I wouldnt be surprised if this story had legs. You'd have to have some imagination to suddenly think of this story, imo.

Plus, most stuff the papers have written about Ashley in the past have been correct, there's no saying this wont be any different.

I pray this is BS, though.

The story requires no imagination at all IMO.  Newcastle, big wages, relegation, Leeds, Administration, in fact I'm wrong, all that's required is imagination, certainly no common sense anyway.  I mean I'd believe it was possible if anyone could explain to me what advantage Ashley gets from doing this?  He can put anything to do with the club up for sale at any price he wants if he needs the money.  There's no advantage in paying a heap of cash for administrators to come in and start selling his own assets off for a fraction of their value

The guy who wrote it supposedly has good connections and people have been saying they have heard such rumours around town all week.

Funny how just a few months ago when they were trying to sell the club, it was being promoted has being financially sound.

I just don't believe anything anymore.

If Llambias and co. have learned their lesson about communication as they said they had, then they will come out and deny it.  But they probably won't.

Premiership clubs dont go into administation ffs.

Not saying it will happen but there will always be a first.

I'm waiting for our name to be changed from "LOLcastle Dejected".

Can we possibly get some sort of good news at some point?  Maybe Steven Taylor rescuing a kitten from a tree?

llambias could quash this rumour dead tomorrow with a quick statement to the chronicle.

But that would be communication, and they don't do that.  Better just to let the rumour fester for a few months and breed a little more anger and discontent.  We could do with that really.

Guest toonlass

Can we possibly get some sort of good news at some point?  Maybe Steven Taylor rescuing a kitten from a tree?

llambias could quash this rumour dead tomorrow with a quick statement to the chronicle.

But that would be communication, and they don't do that.  Better just to let the rumour fester for a few months and breed a little more anger and discontent.  We could do with that really.

Another moment where you wish Chris Mort was chairman, at least he would come out and tell us what was happening.