Kinnear to return as manager in the summer, or so says that idiot Llambias

ChrisJbarnes

perhaps press manager would be appropriate?

Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear has indicated that he would be prepared to accept a role away from the touchline at St James' Park.

The Magpies boss is currently recovering from heart surgery and is due to meet doctors in the second week of April to determine whether he is fit to return to work.

Kinnear has pencilled in the crunch trip to Premier League relegation rivals Stoke on 11th April as a date for his comeback, but managing director Derek Llambias recently announced that no risks would be taken.

And Kinnear has now hinted that, with assistant Chris Hughton in caretaker charge, he would be prepared to accept a move upstairs in order to ensure his input into the Magpies' battle against the drop.

He told the Newcastle Chronicle: "I'm just desperate to be back and do what I can for Newcastle.

Quality

"I still think we have enough quality players to see us through this.

"Obviously I look forward to next season, and I want to say that what's happening now will never happen again.

"Whatever happens, I will have an input. It's as simple as that.

"If I can't do certain things, I will be speaking to staff and players at the club and working at the training ground during the week.

"I'll still have a major say to the players too. We'll work it that way."

It's better than nothing I suppose, at least it seems he's accepting he won't be able to manage us any longer.

Now get a fucking proper manager in to replace him and do it now!

Taking a different role next season would be Ashley's way of realising he got it wrong with Kinnear and trying to save face imo. That's assuming he appoints someone credible mind.

It's better than nothing I suppose, at least it seems he's accepting he won't be able to manage us any longer.

Now get a f***ing proper manager in to replace him and do it now!

Wonder what the deal would be though, Kinnear still having a say with the players? No decent manager will come near us.

Wise out - Kinnear in, Hughton as manager with Calderwood as his assistant. No doubt.

i hope not, hughton and calderwood aren't exactly pulling up trees at the minute *smiles nervously*

Neither was Kinnear and he basically owns the club now.

I'd be happy with this IF we stayed up, and Ashley appointed a decent manager. Hughton can stay as coach, the work he's had to do (training sessions on his own a lot, seemingly) its the very least he deserves.

Wise out - Kinnear in, Hughton as manager with Calderwood as his assistant. No doubt.

i hope not, hughton and calderwood aren't exactly pulling up trees at the minute *smiles nervously*

Neither was Kinnear and he basically owns the club now.

very true *sighs*

different role?

maybe the cleaner...or an arkwright like character in ashleys club shop in his brown shopkeepers jacket peeping out the window at fat old nurses!

works on a number of levels actually

And, starting upfront with Martins is Sics...Xis....Siss....Chiss...., ah, Ameobi!

Guest Ebolarama

Doesn't Wenger speak highly of Kinnear, and was even going to offer him a role as scout before he joined us?

The chronicle reckons he'll move upstairs and replace Wise for next season. :weep: oh, and also that Wise has been causing problems behind the scenes and had a bust-up with Kinnear over signing Lovenkrands which he was against. quite what it's got to do with Wise im not sure as he's not manager.