Kinnear to return as manager in the summer, or so says that idiot Llambias

ChrisJbarnes

See this is exactly what we went through when they said they'd be offering him a three year contract. "Oh it's too stupid to be true, they're just giving the media sound bytes."

Nothing is too stupid for the current regime.

I have a feeling that Shearer will keep us up and then we'll go through Keegangate all over again next season when they force Kinnear back in.

So who's gonna finish off Kinnear for the greater good?

They'd probably put his corpse in a tracksuit, string it up on the bench, and pay it 10k a week.

Jesus, I'm not even joking.

Weekend at Bernies style, I love it. 

Well there is an interview on Radio Newcastle now with Shearer and then Llambias. He seemed to say it himself from the clip I heard earlier. He definately said that JK made some suggestions and was up for the idea.

Kinnear to return as ...... a corner flag ?

Certainly nor FGS in an influential position

what a boring corner flag that would be... :kinnear:

then again we could probably stare the opponents to death  :kinnear:

You're nearly all a bunch of whinging bitching sooky la la's ffs!!!

Let's fucking see how all this pans out. If Shearer enjoys managing the club and he wants the job, it will be his!!

Besides, you can read what Llambias said any which way! When he mentioned him returning in the summer, it could also be taken in the context of putting Hughton and Calderwood in charge BEFORE contacting Shearer.

Whatever it is, stop fucking moaning, and try to enjoy what;s left of this season. But most of all, keep the faith!!

Holy s***, what an idiotic thing to do. Second worst manager in the clubs history, very much responsible for our decline, and unreliable due to bad health and poor discipline, and the bastards still want him back.

I don't want him back because he's not a particularly good manager with health problems.  However I have to disagree that he's very much responsible for our decline.  We got 23 points out of 19 games under him, were as we've taken 2 points out of 8 games under Hughton.  From his record we'd be safe on 38 points already had he managed us for the games Hughton has.

Having said that Hughton isn't responsible either, he's a coach who shouldn't have been put in this position for so long.  Whoever decided it was ok to leave a coach in charge of the first team despite a pattern of poor results is responsible for our decline (Ashley/Lambias basically).

Holy s***, what an idiotic thing to do. Second worst manager in the clubs history, very much responsible for our decline, and unreliable due to bad health and poor discipline, and the bastards still want him back.

I don't want him back because he's not a particularly good manager with health problems.  However I have to disagree that he's very much responsible for our decline.  We got 23 points out of 19 games under him, were as we've taken 2 points out of 8 games under Hughton.  From his record we'd be safe on 38 points already had he managed us for the games Hughton has.

Having said that Hughton isn't responsible either, he's a coach who shouldn't have been put in this position for so long.  Whoever decided it was ok to leave a coach in charge of the first team despite a pattern of poor results is responsible for our decline (Ashley/Lambias basically).

A lot of those points were picked up during his honeymoon though. Things have got consistently worse.

To be fair to him, the only time this entire season he had near all of his key players available we went on a good run of results.

Before we played Wigan i remember our recent form was about 4th/5th in the entire prem.

Still, his timing of substitutions, general level of belief in Ameobi & our ability to defend under him have been awful. Results were prob more down to the players than him.

I severely doubt bringing Duff on in the 89th minute v tottenham was down to some brilliantly thought out plan of how well he'd combine with Viduka.

To be fair i dont think you could ever honestly say kinnear had a honeymoon period. the fans didnt want him the players didnt want him and both were rock bottom and at breaking point. firefighting in hell is closer to the truth.

Still don't think Kinnear will come back, listen to some of the stuff Shearer says. He never says Joe is coming back and never denies he'll be here longer, always just says ask the powers-to-be.

There'd be protests if JFK signed a new deal, mark my words.

If alan does or doesn't keep us up, people would be so angry at having pretty much our worst manager ever brought back..

The thing that gets me and shows the ownership as a clueless bunch of idiots, is that here was a huge opportunity to garner goodwill, from the public and they go and screw it up by saying something like this. The best thing to say was "Well look at the permenant management situation in the summer" and end it at that, let people assume that should Shearer do well he might be tempted to extend his stay. That's important for the players too.

They seem to be under some kind of weird impression that fans are happy with JFK and can't wait for his return. FFS, read some forums, websites, fanzines or just talk to a few fans, it won't take long to realise that couldn't be further from the truth.

All I say is should Shearer pull it off, good luck JFK having to follow that, I know I wouldn't want to.

The thing that gets me and shows the ownership as a clueless bunch of idiots, is that here was a huge opportunity to garner goodwill, from the public and they go and screw it up by saying something like this. The best thing to say was "Well look at the permenant management situation in the summer" and end it at that, let people assume that should Shearer do well he might be tempted to extend his stay. That's important for the players too.

They seem to be under some kind of weird impression that fans are happy with JFK and can't wait for his return. FFS, read some forums, websites, fanzines or just talk to a few fans, it won't take long to realise that couldn't be further from the truth.

All I say is should Shearer pull it off, good luck JFK having to follow that, I know I wouldn't want to.

That's a good point actually. Kinnear may well opt out himself knowing that he'll be hugely unpopular in comparison, or they may make it look that way. Perhaps it's already agreed.

That's a good point actually. Kinnear may well opt out himself knowing that he'll be hugely unpopular in comparison, or they may make it look that way. Perhaps it's already agreed.

I think it must be already agreed. Why would Llambias be saying that JK made the suggestions, and I don't think that anyone is that stupid not to know how popular Shearer would be with the fans. Also there were those rumours last week about JK moving into another role.

Even positive news with the Shearer appointment tries to be ruined by Llambias with the ridiculous notion that Kinnear will replace a Newcastle legend - who wants the job and can not possibly be any worse.

... and ... why would Shearer be bringing in his own staff and saying he is going to look into sorting out the injury problems. That is not going to happen in just 8 games. It doesn't add up to JK continuing as manager, no matter what is said it is just diplomacy, it has to be.

If they said "we'll look at the manager situation in the summer", it would turn into a popularity contest between Shearer and Kinnear. Common sense says that we all stand united at this time, to make sure the club stays in the division. Full stop. They're smart enough to know that Shearer would win hands down any kind of popularity contest with JFK.

... and ... why would Shearer be bringing in his own staff and saying he is going to look into sorting out the injury problems. That is not going to happen in just 8 games. It doesn't add up to JK continuing as manager, no matter what is said it is just diplomacy, it has to be.

:clap:

Even worse if we go down tbh, the fans will already be extremely upset, never mind hearing that fuck wit is coming back.