Kinnear to return as manager in the summer, or so says that idiot Llambias

ChrisJbarnes

Holy s***, what an idiotic thing to do. Second worst manager in the clubs history, very much responsible for our decline, and unreliable due to bad health and poor discipline, and the bastards still want him back.

I don't want him back because he's not a particularly good manager with health problems.  However I have to disagree that he's very much responsible for our decline.  We got 23 points out of 19 games under him, were as we've taken 2 points out of 8 games under Hughton.  From his record we'd be safe on 38 points already had he managed us for the games Hughton has.

Having said that Hughton isn't responsible either, he's a coach who shouldn't have been put in this position for so long.  Whoever decided it was ok to leave a coach in charge of the first team despite a pattern of poor results is responsible for our decline (Ashley/Lambias basically).

A lot of those points were picked up during his honeymoon though. Things have got consistently worse.

We got 11 points from Kinnear's last 8 games before Hughton took over.  That's actually a better points tally per game then his first 11 games.  I'm not saying he's done great, but no matter how you look at it the games we've had under Hughton are the ones that have really put us in the shit.

Obviously I don't want him back, but I certainly don't hold any ill will against him and I won't blame him for our situation.  I honestly don't believe we'd be in this situation had he been able to manage the other 8 games Hughton took charge of.  I think he'd have kept on getting his rather mediocre 1 and a bit points per game and we'd currently be safe on 35-36 points.

I'm certain that if Shearer does well and keeps us up, that Kinnear will know 'what's best' is for him to accept a scouting/upstairs role at the club. He will know he'll be hugely unpopular for unseating Shearer, and will also know his health isn't the best.

People will hate Kinnear much less if he's just in an upstairs role imo.

Still don't think Kinnear will come back, listen to some of the stuff Shearer says. He never says Joe is coming back and never denies he'll be here longer, always just says ask the powers-to-be.

He repeatedly said when asked about staying longer that he is here for "8 games and 8 games only."

Don't understand why people are getting so agitated about this. What matters is keeping the club up and then whatever is going to happen will happen.

To be fair, if what Llambias says will happen happens, we'll be doing all this garbage again next year. No one can say for certain that Shearer is the man for the job until a few matches have passed. However, it is completely apparent that Joe Kinnear is not.

Im not overly bothered about Shearer staying or going if he keeps us up tbh. Keep us up and im more than happy for him to stay or go, if we go down then at least he had the stones to do it, and should he stay then the Championship is a better learning curve for him. My main concern is simply Joe Kinnear. If we stay up we have a chance to make it right, step one and the biggest step of all is securing a proper manager and not the buffoon that won about 3 fucking games all season and got us into this shit. If we go down and Kinnear is here then im still concerned as you can forget about coming straight back up.

The thing that gets me and shows the ownership as a clueless bunch of idiots, is that here was a huge opportunity to garner goodwill, from the public and they go and screw it up by saying something like this. The best thing to say was "Well look at the permenant management situation in the summer" and end it at that, let people assume that should Shearer do well he might be tempted to extend his stay. That's important for the players too.

They seem to be under some kind of weird impression that fans are happy with JFK and can't wait for his return. FFS, read some forums, websites, fanzines or just talk to a few fans, it won't take long to realise that couldn't be further from the truth.

All I say is should Shearer pull it off, good luck JFK having to follow that, I know I wouldn't want to.

If they said "we'll look at the manager situation in the summer", it would turn into a popularity contest between Shearer and Kinnear. Common sense says that we all stand united at this time, to make sure the club stays in the division. Full stop. They're smart enough to know that Shearer would win hands down any kind of popularity contest with JFK.

It's already a popularity contest, it was when they appointed Shearer for these last 8 games. Not really sure where you are coming from with this comment.

The thing that gets me and shows the ownership as a clueless bunch of idiots, is that here was a huge opportunity to garner goodwill, from the public and they go and screw it up by saying something like this. The best thing to say was "Well look at the permenant management situation in the summer" and end it at that, let people assume that should Shearer do well he might be tempted to extend his stay. That's important for the players too.

They seem to be under some kind of weird impression that fans are happy with JFK and can't wait for his return. FFS, read some forums, websites, fanzines or just talk to a few fans, it won't take long to realise that couldn't be further from the truth.

All I say is should Shearer pull it off, good luck JFK having to follow that, I know I wouldn't want to.

If they said "we'll look at the manager situation in the summer", it would turn into a popularity contest between Shearer and Kinnear. Common sense says that we all stand united at this time, to make sure the club stays in the division. Full stop. They're smart enough to know that Shearer would win hands down any kind of popularity contest with JFK.

It's already a popularity contest, it was when they appointed Shearer for these last 8 games. Not really sure where you are coming from with this comment.

Not in public and in official statements it isn't! It would be if they came out and said if Shearer keeps us up, he'll stay on. At the moment the official line is one of unity of all behind the cause. What I'm saying is that the board are not so stupid not to know we'd take Big Al over JFK any day of the week!

Plus, the fact that it's being mentioned and stressed so much that he's here for 8 games, as well as all the goodwill and wishes towards Joe, makes it plain obvious that it's all being done for legal, moral, and publicity reasons.

Im not overly bothered about Shearer staying or going if he keeps us up tbh. Keep us up and im more than happy for him to stay or go, if we go down then at least he had the stones to do it, and should he stay then the Championship is a better learning curve for him. My main concern is simply Joe Kinnear. If we stay up we have a chance to make it right, step one and the biggest step of all is securing a proper manager and not the buffoon that won about 3 fucking games all season and got us into this shit. If we go down and Kinnear is here then im still concerned as you can forget about coming straight back up.

To be exact -

Keegan - 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss

Kinnear - 5 wins, 8 draws and 6 losses.

Hughton - 2 draws, 6 losses

I agree he's not good enough for us and he shouldn't come back.  But its clear from those stats that he certainly didn't get us into this.  He's played only a part in getting us into this, but nowhere near the biggest part.

Keegan - 1 win, 1 draw

Kinnear - 5 wins, 8 draws and 6 losses.

Hughton - 2 draws, 6 losses

I agree he's not good enough for us and he shouldn't come back.  But its clear from those stats that he certainly didn't get us into this.

Did Keegan get a win? We only have six on the year, correct? Didn't Hughton win v West Brom?

edit: n/m Keegan beat Bolton.

I'm not giving Hughton credit for the West Brom win, Kinnear prepared the team right up to a few hours before kickoff, and also picked the starting 11.  Maybe if Hughton had managed to win a single game since then (or even in his first spell) I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.  But as it is we've taken 2 points from 5 games since (and 0 points from 3 games the first time around) which is pretty damning IMO.  I don't really blame the bloke though, he shouldn't have been left in charge so long.

We won against Bolton with Keegan in charge by the way.  Having said that I've just realised my list is wrong because Keegan also had a loss, so I've edited my post.

What I don't understand is our loyalty to Kinnear. We got him in on a one month basis, which was then extended for another month and ultimately until the end of the season, which was already quite unbelievably stupid.. For some stupendously stupid reason they than proceeded to offer him another multi-year contract, which has not been agreed to yet by Kinnear. It is there to be withdrawn. We owe Kinnear nothing, zilch, not a thing. He already got more out of us than he deserved, and it's not like he has done well enough to deserve the contract extensions he has been getting. On top of that he is a health hazard waiting to happen. Why do we keep being so loyal to him? What has he got over us? Why not withdraw the contract offer, thank him for coming in to help us out when we were in the shit, let Shearer take care of the end of the season and look at the manager situation in the summer, keeping our options open. Personally, I don't want Kinnear anywhere near this club next season; he's done nothing to deserve any such loyalty from the club and it will in all probability cause him further health problems if he does stay on. Just when you think the board are making the right decisions they come out and fuck it up again. Every single time. Kinnear better not be our manager for next season or there will be hell on.

What I don't understand is our loyalty to Kinnear. We got him in on a one month basis, which was then extended for another month and ultimately until the end of the season, which was already quite unbelievably stupid.. For some stupendously stupid reason they than proceeded to offer him another multi-year contract, which has not been agreed to yet by Kinnear. It is there to be withdrawn. We owe Kinnear nothing, zilch, not a thing. He already got more out of us than he deserved, and it's not like he has done well enough to deserve the contract extensions he has been getting. On top of that he is a health hazard waiting to happen. Why do we keep being so loyal to him? What has he got over us? Why not withdraw the contract offer, thank him for coming in to help us out when we were in the s***, let Shearer take care of the end of the season and look at the manager situation in the summer, keeping our options open. Personally, I don't want Kinnear anywhere near this club next season; he's done nothing to deserve any such loyalty from the club and it will in all probability cause him further health problems if he does stay on. Just when you think the board are making the right decisions they come out and f*** it up again. Every single time. Kinnear better not be our manager for next season or there will be hell on.

he has the photos........... :kasper:

Not in public and in official statements it isn't! It would be if they came out and said if Shearer keeps us up, he'll stay on. At the moment the official line is one of unity of all behind the cause. What I'm saying is that the board are not so stupid not to know we'd take Big Al over JFK any day of the week!

It doesn't matter. I'm still at a loss to find your point. You are just stating the obvious that Shearer's more popular than JFK. Come the end of the season the comparions between the two will be drawn no matter what they say. DL was way too premature in backing one over the other  (especially the rank outsider) at this point. A non commital message was what was required, they could have stated facts like "Alan has  aggreed to manage us for these 8 games only, after that we'll sit down a make a decision on our mangement structure, we've just lost our EDoF, Joe is in recovery from a major operation and our premiership status is not secured, so it's a little early to talk about next season", and let people assume what will happen should those 8 games be the success we all hope they will be.

Managing people's assumptions is a skill and something this board seems to like to do but unfortunately they are not very good at it.

What I don't understand is our loyalty to Kinnear. We got him in on a one month basis, which was then extended for another month and ultimately until the end of the season, which was already quite unbelievably stupid.. For some stupendously stupid reason they than proceeded to offer him another multi-year contract, which has not been agreed to yet by Kinnear. It is there to be withdrawn. We owe Kinnear nothing, zilch, not a thing. He already got more out of us than he deserved, and it's not like he has done well enough to deserve the contract extensions he has been getting. On top of that he is a health hazard waiting to happen. Why do we keep being so loyal to him? What has he got over us? Why not withdraw the contract offer, thank him for coming in to help us out when we were in the s***, let Shearer take care of the end of the season and look at the manager situation in the summer, keeping our options open. Personally, I don't want Kinnear anywhere near this club next season; he's done nothing to deserve any such loyalty from the club and it will in all probability cause him further health problems if he does stay on. Just when you think the board are making the right decisions they come out and f*** it up again. Every single time. Kinnear better not be our manager for next season or there will be hell on.

Shola obviously taught him that jedi mind trick he knows

Svennis just got fired from Mexicos national team, sign him up with a quickness

Shearer's had his chance and we're still in a relegation spot. Svennis in! :thup: :lol:

tbf, Shearer's been all talk since he was appointed. I'm not impressed.

The good thing for the PR side of it is no one gives a shit what he thinks now we've got Shearer as club spokesman, he's just going to make himself and the board look clueless.