Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Shearers tune has changed about being manager next season. When he 1st came in he would always state "8 games only, then its back to BBC". Now he wont even answer the question. He'll be here next season. Just cant be announced because JK would probably sue, so they will let JK contract run out and then appoint Shearer.

reporter 'does this make you feel you want to stay on'

shearer 'silly question, cant belive you ve asked me it, let me enjoy this first'

reporter 'your not rulin git out though'

shearer 'im not ruling it in either'

reporter 'its a possibility though'

shearer 'you say'

was the speed of his answers that made me laugh, clever as fuck.

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon
:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Guest Brewcastle

Shearer have to get a long-term contract, with a guarantee of "no-sacking anyhow.....". It's time to bring in some stability to The Club now!

Got it spot fucking on AGAIN tonight.

Really struggling to pinpoint any real ricks that he's made so far. The results haven't been great, admittedly, but as a manager he's done all he can.

I know it's very early to judge and i know i'm on a giddy high; but with every passing game, a bit more of the initial worries about his ability as a manager are eradicated.

Guest firetotheworks

In terms of Shearer being a manager, the only thing I can see wrong is in his persistence in playing Nicky Butt. Other than that Ive almost always agreed with every line up that he's put out. He played Ameobi and a few others that made me cringe a bit, but I like how scalpel-like in his precise decision making he is. I only hope that he sticks with a fixed starting 11 should he stay on next season, and that these changes hes making are purely based upon injuries, suspensions and tactics, and not based purely upon one game form.

For all his wankness; Butt is the only player capable of playing the deep-lying midfielder role with any sort of nouse. That's a damning indicment of our recruitment system, rather than a praise of Butt. The guy is shit but when we're clearly susceptible to losing possession cheaply, we need someone with a bit of bark and bite to win the ball back for us. Butt's pretty shit at it, and the ironic thing is that he probably loses possession more than most, but he's the most appropriate choice.

Hate the fact he's still a 'kingpin' in our team tbh. CM needs a total overhaul; it goes without saying.

Guest firetotheworks

Too right. It's self detrimental to itself, let alone the team. Put any one of Butt, Smith, Nolan, Geremi in the middle with one decent attacking midfielder and that alone would solve a lot imo. The problem, although Im guessing Im bringing nothing new to the table here, is that they're all the same player with ever so heightened attributes in certain areas, whilst lacking what the others dont.

Geremi - Good invention but cant tackle and cant run

Butt - Good tackler but has no invention

Nolan - Good box to box but doesnt win a lot of 50/50s

Guthrie - Good delivery but doesnt win a lot of 50/50s

If you spliced those into 2 players

Nicky Geremi and Kevin Guthrie you'd have 2 fairly decent midfielders, its just that their positives are spread out across 4 players. Oh aye, and no pace, obviously

It must have been great man management to inspire Viduka to perform like that, and Shearer must have insisted that other players got the ball into Viduka's feet at every opportunity.

It was also great to see Oba make straight for Shearer after scoring, shows that Oba wants to please Shearer which shows a lot of respect.

Guest Howaythetoon

After the final whistle Shearer and Dowie hugged all the players, and Viduka when he came off embraced Shearer for a few moments, they clearly respect him and that performance was as much for their manager and coach than it was for themselves. As for Butt, he was excellent last night and while he isn't the best player we have no choice but to play him as he's the only one with the nous to play that defensive role which he did very well last night. When Duff was fouled near their corner area but the ref gave us nothing Boro broke away and it was Butt racing 50 yards to get back which he did, although fouling his man. Its his effort, determination, character, leadership and experience that Shearer is picking him for and not his ability.

Have to admit, I'm not a Nicky Butt fan but he's earning his money at the moment. His forward passes still often go astray but he is disciplined and experienced.

At the moment being which moment? One match?

He's shite. He had one good game but that doesn't mean that he's not still shite. I hope we get rid of him this summer.

Just a general comment : don't let the euphoria of yesterday's win cloud the fact that we have some utter dross at this club and that's why we're in 17th because of our goal difference. The players played well yesterday and I enjoyed the win, but man oh man do we need to lose a bunch of them along the way to next season.

Have to admit, I'm not a Nicky Butt fan but he's earning his money at the moment. His forward passes still often go astray but he is disciplined and experienced.

At the moment being which moment? One match?

He's s****. He had one good game but that doesn't mean that he's not still s****. I hope we get rid of him this summer.

Just a general comment : don't let the euphoria of yesterday's win cloud the fact that we have some utter dross at this club and that's why we're in 17th because of our goal difference. The players played well yesterday and I enjoyed the win, but man oh man do we need to lose a bunch of them along the way to next season.

No, however it has given us hope that with the current crop of crap players, we can stay up.

I have known our manager ever since I started in the game and consider him to be a friend but there was no old pals' act as far as his decision-making was concerned.

Though I was upset and felt that he was wrong - only last week the press pointed out that, even though I had only scored eight league goals this season, my conversion ratio was the best in the Premier League - what I can't fault is the way he handled the situation: strong, up front and honest. Just the way a top manager should be.

Regardless of whether I agree with the decision or not (in that case I did), that is exactly what I want to hear.

I've got a horrible feeling that if we stay up Shearer will leave due to lack of funds provided by Ashley. I hope the rumours of a buy out are true because I don't want to see Dowie given the job if Shearer leaves. Ashley's eyes are probably already lighting up at the prospect of doing a QPR on the Ugly One.

I've got a horrible feeling that if we stay up Shearer will leave due to lack of funds provided by Ashley. I hope the rumours of a buy out are true because I don't want to see Dowie given the job if Shearer leaves. Ashley's eyes are probably already lighting up at the prospect of doing a QPR on the Ugly One.

I don't agree. I think Ashley (assuming we stay up) will realise how close he came to having his asset half in value. I think Shearer will get a free reign and around £20m plus player sales to spend.

I have known our manager ever since I started in the game and consider him to be a friend but there was no old pals' act as far as his decision-making was concerned.

Though I was upset and felt that he was wrong - only last week the press pointed out that, even though I had only scored eight league goals this season, my conversion ratio was the best in the Premier League - what I can't fault is the way he handled the situation: strong, up front and honest. Just the way a top manager should be.

Regardless of whether I agree with the decision or not (in that case I did), that is exactly what I want to hear.

and people say he's got a bit of souness about him.

I don't agree. I think Ashley (assuming we stay up) will realise how close he came to having his asset half in value. I think Shearer will get a free reign and around £20m plus player sales to spend.

I was just saying this to my mate earlier, if he looks at it this way.

Say we went down first season our value would probably drop by 50-100M, which is alot, so say we'd be worth 250M ish with his total investment standing around 325M, thats a 75M loss.

If we stay down another season, you'd be looking at a further 75-100M loss, so we'd be talking of the club being worth something like 125-150M, total lost 150-175M.

Every season we stay down our value would reduce until we were worth around 50M provided we had decent gates.  So He could lose 275M.

This is one of the reasons I don't understand why some people almost think Ashley is doing this to us on purpose.

I think Shearer will have free reign and like you said around 20M plus player sales and the money from Milner, Zog and Given.  20M is less than 275M and he'll have learnt alot this season.

Guest dover

Shearer odds now 4/7. Glad I stuck £40 on at 6/5 last week.

What you going to do with your £8 profit?  :dowie:

Shearer odds now 4/7. Glad I stuck £40 on at 6/5 last week.

What you going to do with your £8 profit?  :dowie:

£8 profit off a £40 bet at 6/5?  :kinnear: