Shearer's first 11 and captain?

KaKa

Anyone want to have a guess?

:D

The defence should pick itself really.

Butt and Nolan centre mid I imagine and Duff and Jonas out wide.

Oba and Owen up top. Really hoping he inspires Oba to raise his game as Oba is a fan of his.

Owen's place in the team is essentially guaranteed now and let's hope this gets him going and puts a smile on that sombre face of his.

Shearer needs to grab Duff and Jonas by the throat and demand that their number one priority the rest of the way should be to get crosses into the box.

Captain? No idea.

I wonder if Shearer will be tempted to play the 'Keegan' system. Especially if Owen's nagging him about it.

Martins Carroll

Owen

Jonas Butt Nolan

Enrique Bassong Taylor Beye

Harper

I wonder if Shearer will be tempted to play the 'Keegan' system. Especially if Owen's nagging him about it.

Martins Carroll

Owen

Jonas Butt Nolan

Harper

Loven for Carroll and Guthrie for Butt and then you have our best team imo.

Martins Carroll

Owen

Jonas Butt Nolan

Harper

Can't see any reason to pick Carroll over Lovenkrands. I think we could see the reemergence of Xisco under Shearer, or wait is Viduka still employed by us?!

Martins Carroll

Owen

Jonas Butt Nolan

Harper

That would look so great with Barton in there instead of Butt ...

You raise a good point but I'm not sure if we can play this system with the likes of Carroll or Shola.

I only picked Carroll over Lovenkrands because of that system. Someone to hold the ball up.

Yeah, it makes sense and I agree I don't think it would quite work with Owen behind Oba and Loven.

Viduka is such a freakin' compost heap. If he was fit this formation would be a lot more likely.

Wonder if Owen will be staying now ??

What a boost.......for all the players.

True leader.

This is a worry tbh.

I'm sure it will be a boost for him and he will do a lot better, but not so sure if he is worth keeping around even if this happens.

His fitness is a huge worry at this point and that salary of his is massive.

:undecided:

Guest optimistic nit

I only picked Carroll over Lovenkrands because of that system. Someone to hold the ball up.

Yeah, it makes sense and I agree I don't think it would quite work with Owen behind Oba and Loven.

Viduka is such a freakin' compost heap. If he was fit this formation would be a lot more likely.

i think owen oba and loven could do very well. there are no wingers in that system so height in the box isn't really an imperitive and oba and loven could tear apart the defence and create space for owen (who needs people to create space for him) to score goals, and he does that better than pretty much anyone in the league bar 1 or 2. we'd just need to keep the ball on the floor, which we do have the players to do imo. owen and oba can also be good in the air , particulary owen.

Wonder if Owen will be staying now ??

What a boost.......for all the players.

True leader.

This is a worry tbh.

I'm sure it will be a boost for him and he will do a lot better, but not so sure if he is worth keeping around even if this happens.

His fitness is a huge worry at this point and that salary of his is massive.

:undecided:

Wonder if Shearer could coax him down back into reality in signing a more realistic contract as they're closer.

If we can get him off ridiculous wages he'd be very very useful for us.

All I can ask of him is that we only use Nicky Butt and Ameobi as last resorts.

Fuck hadn't thought of that... might lose a lot of respect for the man if he ever picks to donkey :lol:

Martins Carroll

Owen

Jonas Butt Nolan

Harper

Shearer will surely take one look at Andy Carroll and laugh.

That system worked because of Viduka and his brilliance, however brief

I'd have Xisco over Carroll any day of the week.

Ditto, actually.

Glad i'm not the only one