Interview with Llambias on Radio Newcastle

Toon Amy

There is a phone in and an interview with Llambias on Radio Newcastle soon. It is so rare to get any info from him I thought it was worth a new topic. Talking about how the appointment of Shearer came about.

Llambias saying again, it's just eight games. Kinnear is the manager going forward.

Can somebody call in and tell him he's a fucking idiot for me?

It's not a live interview. :lol:

Knows the clamour will be huge for him to stay though.

Did he give it in like a "It'll be hard for us to let Alan go", or a "Fuck you, I know you love Alan but he's going" way?

Did he give it in like a "It'll be hard for us to let Alan go", or a "Fuck you, I know you love Alan but he's going" way?

The former, I guess. Dunno though, he seems pretty sure Shearer is only here for eight games. :undecided:

Think he'll be staying.

Alan had endless opportunitys to simply say "i will leave after these 8 games" but specifically continued to say it was down to the management & ud have to ask them. His other quote "Im here for 8 games and 8 games only" still doesnt rule out the possibility of this changing at any point. He isnt guaranteeing any outcome, he went out of his way not to. A good sign imo.

Honestly though, if they're even considering bringing Kinnear back in any scenario they want fucking shooting (not that they don't anyway).

Have they not stopped to think why we're in the bottom fucking three in the first place?

Think he'll be staying.

Alan had endless opportunitys to simply say "i will leave after these 8 games" but specifically continued to say it was down to the management & ud have to ask them. His other quote "Im here for 8 games and 8 games only" still doesnt rule out the possibility of this changing at any point. He isnt guaranteeing any outcome, he went out of his way not to. A good sign imo.

Wouldn't it be funny if the board brought in a manager under false pretenses yet again?

Shearer thinks all of this is just a smokescreen he's going to get the job at the end of season, the board actually intends to brings back Kinnear. Shearer finds out and breaks Llambias' nose and walks out.

...Fans everywhere go rabid.

Did he give it in like a "It'll be hard for us to let Alan go", or a "f*** you, I know you love Alan but he's going" way?

The former, I guess. Dunno though, he seems pretty sure Shearer is only here for eight games. :undecided:

IMO it has GOT to be Shearer's contract with the BBC. I think they're probably not too happy about any kind of talk that could breach his contract. I'm quite sure that all sorts of stuff was written into his contract, as they know the kind of managerial merry-go-round our club is, and that he'd be linked with every job going. Can't be anything else.

The fact that he even mentioned the BBC in his press conference as his employers, thanking for giving him the sabbatical is a bit of a hint. Also, Shearer said all was finalized late last night, which is why we never heard from the club until later on in the evening. The BBC thing must be a sticking point.

Did he give it in like a "It'll be hard for us to let Alan go", or a "f*** you, I know you love Alan but he's going" way?

IMO it has GOT to be Shearer's contract with the BBC. I think they're probably not too happy about any kind of talk that could breach his contract. I'm quite sure that all sorts of stuff was written into his contract, as they know the kind of managerial merry-go-round our club is, and that he'd be linked with every job going. Can't be anything else.

The fact that he even mentioned the BBC in his press conference as his employers, thanking for giving him the sabbatical is a bit of a hint. Also, Shearer said all was finalized late last night, which is why we never heard from the club until later on in the evening. The BBC thing must be a sticking point.

You might be right, and this way Shearer can still go back to his job if things don't work out, whereas if he or anyone else breaches his BBC contract by talking long term, then that door might be closed to him. It might just be diplomacy all round. I hope that is all it is.

Came accross pretty well there. Think they had to use pretty delicate diplomacy to bring someome else in after Kinnears insistance of still having a say from his armchair in the first place, and he knows there will be another nightmare decision to make end the end of the season.

How we do in the next 8 games are all that matters for now.

Agreed.