Whatever Happened To The New Shearer AKA Zaki

Thespence

Linked with him today  :sadnod:

Yep accroding to the star, we are looking at a 6 million bid. Where the hell will we get 6 million from if we are a championship team and no way in hell we should be interested in a player with his atitude whether we are PL or Champ.

On a similar note - ie. pillar type/target-men centreforwards - i think Everton have unearthed a gem in Fellaini.

Unearthed a gem? You make it sound like they signed some obscure kid and he's come good.

He cost £15Million!

Guest Phil K

Fellaini knows where the goal is, is laughed at until he scores.

Reminds me a little of a better quality Sibierski

On a similar note - ie. pillar type/target-men centreforwards - i think Everton have unearthed a gem in Fellaini.

I have not been keeping tabs on Everton of late but has big hair been pushed up front like Cahill was earlier on in the season?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Unearthed a gem? You make it sound like they signed some obscure kid and he's come good.

He cost £15Million!

How i wish we'd have put the extra few million in instead of Coloccini.

Athletic, strong, quick, can play anywhere in the spine of the team

Exactly what we have lacked this season

he's also had a massive falling out with mido apparently.

That's old news though, it was said on MOTD a few weeks back they've never got on after Zaki took Mido's mantle as Egypts top player.

As for the £12m I think that was the agreed price wasn't it ? They might settle for £6m as I imagine he won't want to go back to the Egyptian league.

And to be fair to Adriano Mattis, they reckon he might have been kidnapped. :-[

Whats going on with Adriano? I haven't heard a Dickie Bird about this? Also on a sidenote, imagine Mido being your countrys best player.

Adriano’s ex-girlfriend, who according to many is the cause of his recent slide into depression, explains why “he has lost himself.”

The Inter striker went AWOL for a few days after failing to return from international duty in Brazil and is currently with his family in Rio de Janeiro with no firm date on when he’ll be back in Milan.

“Adriano has a personal problem, but drugs are not involved,” assured agent Gilmar Rinaldi in response to many and varied rumours over his troubles.

“He has never taken drugs. The players are always monitored at Inter and he is ready to take tests. Adriano has many defects, like everyone, but also qualities that few possess.”

It is widely reported that the reason behind L’Imperatore’s sudden turnaround lies in the break-up with ex-girlfriend Joana Machado.

“It is tough being Adriano and this has been a difficult time for him,” continued Rinaldi. “There are not family problems, but it is a private matter and I cannot say more. These things happen to everyone. Now we’re recharging his batteries so he can return to Italy and clarify everything.”

The ex-girlfriend in question has finally broken her silence on Adriano’s fragile psychological state and reveals it is not a one-off issue.

“Adriano has lost himself and needs to find his way back, but I no longer have the strength to take care of him,” Machado told O Dia.

It emerged the player spent those days in hiding with his childhood friends in the Rio de Janeiro slums where he grew up.

“I went there several times to look for him, as his mother was worried and asked me to help out. Adriano is not on drugs, his only vice is beer, but who doesn’t like to drink a beer?

“At the start our relationship was great fun, but leaving my two children behind to come live with him in Milan was the craziest thing I’ve ever done for him. Adriano did nothing for me in return and disrespected me.”

The split reportedly happened when Adriano arrived in Rio last week for international duty and held a party in his apartment, inviting several models but not Machado.

"Adriano is a 27-year-old child and I can't look after him, I already have two kids of my own.

“He had everything to be happy – money, a wonderful family – but he only feels ‘normal’ when he’s in the favelas.

"He likes to walk there barefoot and fly kites with the local kids. It’s where he is not L’Imperatore.”

There are rumours Adriano is even considering hanging up his boots for good.

He cost £15Million!

Still it's a gamble, abeit an expensive one, taking a reputed talent from a second tier league and he is only 21. But that's what the transfer market revolves around - gambling, speculating on talent and sometimes it's costly.

Or you can settle for spending a few million - in total - by scouring the Eastern block nations while adopting a scattershot strategy of signing kids enmasse for a few hundred thousand quid each, or even cheaper, in the hope that maybe just one will come good ie. Kadar etc.

The step-up, in terms of the difference in the respective strength of the league, in class and the related transition as to whether the player/youngster will cut it at the EPL level is one intangible worth considering. Belgium as a feeder league to the top cpmpetitions ' ie. Spain, England, Italy - is nearly on par with Holland ie. a top heavy league where good youngsters impress at a higher level than the leagues mentioned above, due to the lack of overall depth outside the likes of Anderlecht and a couple of other European competition regulars. A kid like Fellaini look like absolute monsters - in terms of dominant & consisitent productivity - early on, but it's another thing for a top club to undertake such a gamble, lets say when they're 18 or 19. Especially so given the scarce impact and overall inconsistency when speaking of both league's - ie. Belgium & Holland - representation in Europe's club competitions in recent years.

IMO if Fellaini was a 6ft+ & athletic attacking midfielder competing in Spain or Portugal for example - of Spanish, South American descent...... a product of a noted scouting network ie Sevilla/Sporting/Porto - he would've been poached by one of the bigger European clubs at an earlier age, and quite possibly for a similar fee.

Whereas, and the exception in this instance, a teenage Obi Mikel received a higher degree of international exposure - in the wake of the Youth WC, and his development in the Nigerian youth system - and was well known to scouts who earn their quid by tracking Africa's top up & coming talent, even before they hit the continent/those lesser so-called feeder leagues which are often the first destination for Africa's hopefuls.