The first baffling decision

Dave

At some point wor Alan's going to do something nobody can understand. There's no way it will all be as good as we're all hoping. :lol:

So what will it be?

I reckon bringing Ameobi on for Martins tomorrow. :aww:

At some point wor Alan's going to do something nobody can understand. There's no way it will all be as good as we're all hoping. :lol:

So what will it be?

Out injured tomorrow, apparently.

So what will it be?

:celb:

Really?

So what will it be?

:celb:

Really?

Came through on my phone earlier via the Sky Sports web feed.

Just spotted this too:

Newcastle boss Alan Shearer hopes to have three key players available for his first game in charge.

Steven Taylor (ankle), Sebastien Bassong (groin) and Damien Duff (hamstring) are all in contention but Shola Ameobi (ankle) is out.

:snod:

Guest neesy111

this is a very good news week for us!

what next, alan smith is sold to sunderland for record transfer fee

It will be Martins out of the team to be honest. Shearer has regularly slated him on the BBC for not attacking the box, and he doesn't offer enough linkup play either.

A team with Martins in the starting eleven on a regular basis will never finish in the top ten, and Shearer will realise this.

I personally can't stand Ameobi but suspect Shearer rates him.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Owen and Xisco mind as Martins is too much of a loose cannon to be relied on and is a scorer of the occasional great goal rather than a goalscorer.

HOWEVER, you may find Martins played wide to give a bit of pace down the flanks.

Guest toonlass

I personally can't stand Ameobi but suspect Shearer rates him.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Owen and Xisco mind as Martins is too much of a loose cannon to be relied on and is a scorer of the occasional great goal rather than a goalscorer.

HOWEVER, you may find Martins played wide to give a bit of pace down the flanks.

Shearer isn't stupid, he has been in his box at St James' this season on many occassions and has seen the game as a spectator. He knows what has been happening on the pitch and I am sure he will use that knowledge to try and get the best results he can.

It will be Martins out of the team to be honest. Shearer has regularly slated him on the BBC for not attacking the box, and he doesn't offer enough linkup play either.

A team with Martins in the starting eleven on a regular basis will never finish in the top ten, and Shearer will realise this.

Surely Shearer will talk to Martins about this and instruct him to attack more, plus offer more to his team-mates?

Don't agree with the bottom paragraph either. In the right formation with the right players around him, he'd be brilliant.

That's a fair point actually (not sure about the never finishing in the top ten like), Shearer's made it clear that Owen is basically the first name on the team sheet, and there's always been questions over whether Owen and Martins work well together.

Then again he might surprise me and pick them both in new look formation or something like that.

Guest Stephen927

Not starting with Owen and Martins, can see him being a fan of the big man little man system, don't know why I get that impression.