Where do the away teams stay the night before a game?

Guest michaelfoster

Man Utd stayed at Malmaison this season iirc

WRONG.

Our super-sleuth friend, and avid MUFC fan, Lee Craig Stewart tracked them down to the Hilton Gateshead, where Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney may or may not have waved to/at him/his general direction while he sangs songs of praise.

Man Utd stayed at Malmaison this season iirc

WRONG.

Our super-sleuth friend, and avid MUFC fan, Lee Craig Stewart tracked them down to the Hilton Gateshead, where Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney may or may not have waved to/at him/his general direction while he sangs songs of praise.

Ronaldo's ego is too big for one hotel so they probably need two anyway.

Guest toonlass

Hilton or Malmaison? Im going to the latter tonight for a meal

Hang around until 3 in the morning and then set the fire alarms off. If the team is staying there then it will piss them right off being woken in the middle of the night.

Hilton or Malmaison? Im going to the latter tonight for a meal

Hang around until 3 in the morning and then set the fire alarms off. If the team is staying there then it will piss them right off being woken in the middle of the night.

With Quaresma about, Nixon may well take the bit in bold seriously.

If you're reading Ricardo, he knows where you live. For one evening.

Guest Heneage

Eagle eye Nixon van confirm Chelsea are at the Hilton as I've just been in order to get a signed Quresma Portugal shirt which I managed to get.  :celb:

I say someone should go to the Hilton and turn on the fire alarm every hour from 1am to 8am.

Tell Joey. First contribution to the club that would be.

Butt and Ameobi can have a piece of the action too. I'll tip off the cops.

I say someone should go to the Hilton and turn on the fire alarm every hour from 1am to 8am.

Tell Joey. First contribution to the club that would be.

Butt and Ameobi can have a piece of the action too. I'll tip off the cops.

:lol:

This is interesting to hear. I worked at the Copthorne for a few months 6 years ago, and back then most of the teams stayed there. I myself served cappuccinos to Sir Bobby and Sir Alex the night before the game.

What I found interesting was that Man U had steak for their evening meal before the game, would have thought they'd be carboloading on pasta. Rio Ferdinand was the exception, and retired to his room with three Muller Lights.

The Hilton was being built back then, and Copthorne were worried they'd lose some business - looks like they did.

Guest Heneage

Chuffed with shirt mind. You can see why teams try and keep it under wraps though the amount of autograph sellers there was a joke, elbowing past and even giving kids a shove.

Looks nice hotel mind.