I Know It's Been Done Before But...

Tooj

Where were you when Shearer signed in 1996?

I was sat in the house watching Olympic Grandstand when Gary Lineker made the announcement. Still amazing how it's one of the things I still vividly remember to this day.

At home, I was in the living room and saw it on TV then ran through to the kitchen and told my dad, except I was so excited it took me about 3 attempts to make him understand. Then we both ran to the bedroom and told my mam, who didn't care. bluelaugh.gif

Guest firetotheworks

I was playing football in the back garden and my mam opened the window and told me and my mate. I couldn't believe it. The phrase 'we're ganna win the league, like!' was actually appropriate at that point.

Walking out of Eldon square onto Northumberland Street, there was a Chronicle stand where the bloke selling them was going beserk shouting about it. It felt like we were the best club in the world at that moment.

In Hertfordshire visiting family (as with every summer) and heard the announcement on the radio coming back from a thrilling day of shopping.

I distinctly remember turning to my Spurs-supporting cousin and shouting in her face "JUST TRY AND STOP US NOW!" before being told-off by my Mam :lol:

Was only 9 like, so that was the first I'd heard of it. Would have loved to have been at SJP.

Funnily I heard about it 5 minutes before I went to the bathroom for a, as then, totally unplanned wank.

I remember spurts of joy.

Or was I browsing teletext (remember that?) and it came up

SHEARER SIGNS FOR NEWCASTLE UNITED FOR £15m

More to follow.....

I can never remember.

Outside a castle on a hill in Ibiza & holiday rep said the following words "Alan Shearer has signed for Newcastle United for a world record fee".

Shame we got humped in the Shield on the last day of my holiday.

SHEARER SIGNS FOR NEWCASTLE UNITED FOR £15mA FEE THAT IS LIKELY TO RISE TO A FINAL TOTAL OF £18.33M

More to follow.....

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

100% True: I was in the hospital when we signed Michael Owen. What an omen that was.

I remember walking home from my first day back at school on a beautiful August afternoon when my dad rung my to the me the news! Amazing feeling!