Shearer and referees

James

When Shearer was a player, the sun shined out of his arse in the eyes of most PL referees.

I'm not sure that's the case, to be honest.  In his last few seasons, I recall him being pulled up probably ten to twenty times a game for backing in, whether he was or wasn't (admittedly, he probably was).  Maybe slightly exaggerated :) but I never felt he got away with a lot compared to other players.

Ask Uriah Rennie whether the sun shone out of Shearer's arse.

Agreed.

So far today, whenever the cameras been on him he's been having a laugh with the 4th official. Whats gannin on Alan?

I said most. Rennie was the obvious exception.

Even if he did give away a lot of freekicks, Shearer was a right dirty player, and got away with more than he should have, seemed to have a way of talking to refs, just like Fergie does.

You've pretty much gauranteed a shitty decision going against us today with this thread.

:thup:

Good work, titfister.

Any need for the abuse? I'm just as pissed off as you are.

You've pretty much gauranteed a shitty decision going against us today with this thread.

:thup:

Good work, titfister.

Any need for the abuse? I'm just as pissed off as you are.

Yes, but you're also directly at fault for what happened, while I'm not.

Now go fist some tits, assballs.

I said most. Rennie was the obvious exception.

Even if he did give away a lot of freekicks, Shearer was a right dirty player, and got away with more than he should have, seemed to have a way of talking to refs, just like Fergie does.

He was rock hard. A better description than dirty I think. Premier league centre halves dont come out with ballons on sticks to hit you with, they are the toughest of the lot.