Stoke City Rugby Club - Newcastle United 5;30 Live on Setanta 11th April 2009.

Guest Heneage

Harper

Beye - Taylor - Bassong - Enrique

Guthrie - Butt - Jonas

Owen

Xisco - Martins

Four, three-fucking-three (or 4-3-1-2 if you want to be pedantic :shifty:) can win us this.

Guest v_scfc

We're delusional!?!?!?  So what club employs a manager with absolutely no management experience and think that he'll turn a group of under performing premadonna into world beaters in the space of a few weeks.  :undecided:  We are looking at this game to basically make ourselves safe as it'll put 9 points between us and you in the bottom 3.  This said win a few games and you could well be safe as Hull and S'land can't buy a win - Hull in particular have totally lost the plot and I don't see them winning again all season.

Something many of you seem to be missing is we're in form - Beattie and Fuller are only just starting to gel - there is more to come.  As for the midfield and you quoting your players - sure we didn't pay millions for them but they are players who put in 100% and never give up and Lawrence was the Actim Midfielder of the season last season for nothing.

We're quite happy for people to under rate us just like Liverpool, Man City and the rest including Manure scraping a lucky 0-1 victory with the help of the referee.  Pulis said himself at the weekend he hopes people just think we play it long and nothing else as it helps us no end!

Personally I'd say 4-3-3 would be suicidal - you would be relying on those centre 3 to out work our mid 4 and it would give space to Etherington and Lawrence to run at Enrique and Beye.

All I can say is I hope that Collo bloke plays . . .  ;D

We're delusional!?!?!?  So what club employs a manager with absolutely no management experience and think that he'll turn a group of under performing premadonna into world beaters in the space of a few weeks. 

We arnt in Europe ;)

Guest Heneage

We're delusional!?!?!?  So what club employs a manager with absolutely no management experience and think that he'll turn a group of under performing premadonna into world beaters in the space of a few weeks.   :undecided:  We are looking at this game to basically make ourselves safe as it'll put 9 points between us and you in the bottom 3.  This said win a few games and you could well be safe as Hull and S'land can't buy a win - Hull in particular have totally lost the plot and I don't see them winning again all season.

Something many of you seem to be missing is we're in form - Beattie and Fuller are only just starting to gel - there is more to come.  As for the midfield and you quoting your players - sure we didn't pay millions for them but they are players who put in 100% and never give up and Lawrence was the Actim Midfielder of the season last season for nothing.

We're quite happy for people to under rate us just like Liverpool, Man City and the rest including Manure scraping a lucky 0-1 victory with the help of the referee.  Pulis said himself at the weekend he hopes people just think we play it long and nothing else as it helps us no end!

Personally I'd say 4-3-3 would be suicidal - you would be relying on those centre 3 to out work our mid 4 and it would give space to Etherington and Lawrence to run at Enrique and Beye.

To under-rate you suggests you play good football, you don't you play hoof ball s**** and look even more one dimensional when Delap is gone, and while neither goal came from a throw yesterday, the first should have been Carsons and the second was Pub league defending. At least acknowledge that your style is terribly poor and even the likes of Swansea are more technically proficient .

I also notice a lot was made of the electric atmosphere, I can't remember hearing so much about it last year or many previous. How many would you honestly say have jumped on the bandwagon?

A Stoke City fan being cocky, lol. Granted they're a better unit than us but they've got no more right to be in the Premiership than us. Fucking wank club. Absolute wank. :lol:

Stoke fan ffs. :lol: Like i say, we're shite n'all and we probably won't win, you're off you're tits coming here and having a brag - showing off your Matthew Etheringtons. If you're sitting back and enjoying the ride, chortling at the shit below you, then you're gonna have a rude awakening soon enough.

Your bag of shite club will be relegated a long, LONG time before we are. They won't be in the Premiership by the end of next season.

It does kind of sting that a Stoke fan can come and talk the piss out of us now though :lol:

"Muhahaha prepare to be pwned by RICARDO FULLER AND JAMES BEATTIE!"

Which might happen tbf

It does kind of sting that a Stoke fan can come and talk the piss out of us now though :lol:

"Muhahaha prepare to be pwned by RICARDO FULLER AND JAMES BEATTIE!"

Which might happen tbf

Inevitably. It's been a nearly unbroken tradition since the days of Roeder.

Dany Webber, Dave Kitson, Marlon King, Cameron Jerome, Kenny Miller, Ishmael Miller, Ricardo Fuller, David Cousin... When's the last time a promoted side's Championship-level star striker didn't score against us.

Guest v_scfc

Well sticks and stones etc . . . for you to get an actual understanding of why we are where we are you might just find these 2 article from The  Times illuminating:

This one even has a comparison our two clubs from a 'neutral' viewpoint:

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2009/04/stoke-in-running-for-club-of-the-season-.html

Then for those who have swallowed the medias hype about us being a 1 dimensional hoof it team here's the match report of the game on Sat:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6041146.ece

But hey don't let the facts spoil the abuse and delusion about you lot 'deserving' to stay up!

Well sticks and stones etc . . . for you to get an actual understanding of why we are where we are you might just find these 2 article from The  Times illuminating:

This one even has a comparison our two clubs from a 'neutral' viewpoint:

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2009/04/stoke-in-running-for-club-of-the-season-.html

Then for those who have swallowed the medias hype about us being a 1 dimensional hoof it team here's the match report of the game on Sat:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6041146.ece

But hey don't let the facts spoil the abuse and delusion about you lot 'deserving' to stay up!

you'll do very well to find someone who says we deserve to stay up like kidda

Guest v_scfc

You might want to tell Micky Quinn . .. . 

well i meant on here obviously but what's he said like?  missed that

He said Stoke deserve to go down because of our brand of football and that Newcastle deserve to stay up because of their “magnificent, long-suffering fans”

Lets just say he ain't been winning any friends in Stoke!  Apparently on Talkshite they even had a 2hr phone in on the subject where him and Ray Houghton were trying to defend these opinions and were made to look very very stupid indeed.

You might want to tell Micky Quinn . .. . 

well i meant on here obviously but what's he said like?  missed that

He said Stoke deserve to go down because of our brand of football and that Newcastle deserve to stay up because of their “magnificent, long-suffering fans”

Lets just say he ain't been winning any friends in Stoke!  Apparently on Talkshite they even had a 2hr phone in on the subject where him and Ray Houghton were trying to defend these opinions and were made to look very very stupid indeed.

jesus our football has been a fuckin disgrace this season

load of shite anyways, doesn't matter a toss about quality of football - noone has a right to be in the league or out of it as we're proving so consistently this season

We're delusional!?!?!?  So what club employs a manager with absolutely no management experience and think that he'll turn a group of under performing premadonna into world beaters in the space of a few weeks.   :undecided:  We are looking at this game to basically make ourselves safe as it'll put 9 points between us and you in the bottom 3.  This said win a few games and you could well be safe as Hull and S'land can't buy a win - Hull in particular have totally lost the plot and I don't see them winning again all season.

Arguably our two best players at the moment especially Enrique.

We have to go for it and hence 4-3-3 is our best bet. We need to play with pace upfront and i think Martins will be the key for us but if he isolated like he was against Chelsea it'll be a waste of time.

Hopefully you'll play like you did first half at SJP and then we stand a fighting chance but i like many can see us doing the normal turn up and get beat against a hardworking Prem team like we did @ Wigan and Bolton.

Well we always play s*** on Setanta live games so I don't expect that to change.

If we don't win I think these players are about to find their real level, in the championship.

What about Pompey away that was on setanta.  Who is this stoke fan, seems like quite a knob. 

I am so scared of their attacking line up that he is going on about,

No not Lawrence he's arguably the greatest player ever to grace the prem, theyll shit us with such a high quality squad, we only have crap argentinian international wingers and a first choice strikeforce that would get in any side bar the top4/5.

If we allow them to force themselves on us and roll over and take it (which is what we've doing all season) we'll lose comfortably, I was certain if Hughton or Kinnear was in charge we would have lost this. Hopefully though Shearer will instill the winning mentality into this lot and get them to play football regardless of the way Stoke play and not to get sucked in to mirror them. Still think we've got too many bottlers and not enough quality in the middle of the park to win, but a draw seems quite likely, which I think I'd take. I still think we're more likely to win against Spurs and I don't think a point would be the end of the world. Obviously 3 would be perfect but I don't see where the quality to overwhelm Stoke's shit fucking hoofball cunt tactics is going to come from.

I'm loving the title referring to Stoke as rugby club. Obviously ignoring the sterling football we've been playing all season which has been anything but long ball of course. Or I might just be being a sarcastic twat again.