Stoke City Rugby Club - Newcastle United 5;30 Live on Setanta 11th April 2009.

Guest Heneage

We never win games like this :(

Nailed on that Beattie will score by the way. I can already hear Jon Champion screaming something about the student getting one over the teacher, odious prick.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Phil K

Stoke are fighting every inch of the way, thanks to Pullis.

The opposite of our own gutless squad, in fact.

Their team should have been nailed on to go down.

Applause to Pullis - but really, we should have had enough "quality" to win this

About time the "quality" started showing some isnt it ?

Ever since that Stoke fan left a comment about his team of sexy football playing 'galacticos', i've been shitting my pants at the thought of tubby boy Liam Lawrence running at our defence. Christ sake. He's fucking shit. He'll probably get distracted by a bucket of KFC before he gets anywhere near our backline. Fat shit.

Stoke's victory against WBA will help us I think in a strange way. Although confidence in their camp must be huge now and they'll know that beating us will more or less put them safe, with an easy reamining fixture list. But they may well feel sitting in 13th spot that they've done much of the hard work and easy up a little, it's so easy to do, for a team that relies so heavily on there effort and hard work, that could have a significant effect on them.

Of course that is wild hope, but I'm going for 1-1, not sure though whether that will be enough to keep us up. This is very much a must win obviously.

Stoke's team reads like an A-Z of mackem rejects. Hope I'm close to the goal, that c*** Sorensen will get the dog's abuse off me, the mackem arsehole.

They've got a decent centre half there though, Faye I think is his name, we could have used someone like him here this season.

The Stoke fans apparently think the midfield that played against WBA is their best 4 and they've been crying out for it: Lawrence Whelan Delap Ethrington. On paper it looks crap to me, and no comparable to a probable Jonas Nolan Butt Duff, line up, but they've been getting results all season in spite of their apparent weaknesses. Fuller and Beattie up front, look a formidable force, Beattie has been a great signing for them, hats off to him, he looked finished at Everton, but dropped down a league with Sheff Utd and that looks to have rejuvinated him. But again you wouldn't swap those two for Martins and Owen, ON PAPER !

Yes, the midfield on Saturday is what all fans seemed to be calling out for, tbf Newcastle's team is better all over the park, but they are performing really well.

And James Beattie really needs some special treatment, as does Fuller.

Well sticks and stones etc . . . for you to get an actual understanding of why we are where we are you might just find these 2 article from The  Times illuminating:

This one even has a comparison our two clubs from a 'neutral' viewpoint:

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2009/04/stoke-in-running-for-club-of-the-season-.html

Then for those who have swallowed the medias hype about us being a 1 dimensional hoof it team here's the match report of the game on Sat:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6041146.ece

But hey don't let the facts spoil the abuse and delusion about you lot 'deserving' to stay up!

The game on Saturday? You mean the one against the pub team West Brom?

Big Al to go all out mental with changes :lol:

-------------------Harper

Tayl--------Beye-----------Bass--------Jose

-------Jonas-------Butt-----------Guth

-------------------Owen

----------Oba----------------Ranger

We're delusional!?!?!?  So what club employs a manager with absolutely no management experience and think that he'll turn a group of under performing premadonna into world beaters in the space of a few weeks.   :undecided:  We are looking at this game to basically make ourselves safe as it'll put 9 points between us and you in the bottom 3.  This said win a few games and you could well be safe as Hull and S'land can't buy a win - Hull in particular have totally lost the plot and I don't see them winning again all season.

Something many of you seem to be missing is we're in form - Beattie and Fuller are only just starting to gel - there is more to come.  As for the midfield and you quoting your players - sure we didn't pay millions for them but they are players who put in 100% and never give up and Lawrence was the Actim Midfielder of the season last season for nothing.

We're quite happy for people to under rate us just like Liverpool, Man City and the rest including Manure scraping a lucky 0-1 victory with the help of the referee.  Pulis said himself at the weekend he hopes people just think we play it long and nothing else as it helps us no end!

Personally I'd say 4-3-3 would be suicidal - you would be relying on those centre 3 to out work our mid 4 and it would give space to Etherington and Lawrence to run at Enrique and Beye.

All I can say is I hope that Collo bloke plays . . .  ;D

You seem to be under the impression that we think we're any good. We're fucking crap mate. The sad thing is that you seem to think you're not.

And yes, the 4-3-3 is our best bet given the midfield alternatives.

This is a game where we could really do with some height and strength in midfield. If we get the points it won't be because we outbattled them, we will have to go out and outplay them with attack the best form of defence.

Big Al to go all out mental with changes :lol:

-------------------Harper

Tayl--------Byte-----------Bass--------Jose

-------Jonas-------Butt-----------Guth

-------------------Owem

----------Oba----------------Ranger

Byte and Owem?  :dowie:

Tony Pulis still looks a total tosser wearing that baseball cap all the time. What a fucking chav

Edit : Just to say to the Stoke fan - you come across totally classless on here mind. Most lads and lasses on hear enjoy a bit chat and banter with opposition fans when they come on and talk about the matches with a sense of intelligence.

Coming on here, giving it the big "I am" just because in your eyes youre having the season of a lifetime kind of shows you up.

Tony Pulis still looks a total tosser wearing that baseball cap all the time. What a f***ing chav

Deserves manager of the year award for keeping Stoke up as far as I'm concerned :lol:

I mean, Jesus, look at that team sheet.

Tony Pulis still looks a total tosser wearing that baseball cap all the time. What a f***ing chav

I dunno why, but I always seem to think of Harry Enfield's "you don't want to do it like that" character when I see him.

Guest toonlass

Pulis always reminds me of a competition winner.

Bloody hell, I hope managing stoke was the booby prize.