Stoke City v Newcastle United - 02/03/16 @ 19.45 - Pre match thread (No TV)

Willow

I see this as the true battle match for our top flight status, such a vital game

We need to put the Chelsea game behind us, it was always going to require miracles to beat them anyway, especially in our shape.

:lol: Jesus. I'm depressed.

These can be great or can be absolutely awful.

Knowing our luck, they'll be great and we'll be absolutely awful.

I don't expect anything from this at all, can see a 3-0 defeat and another performance where we lump it up to a sole striker completely isolated from the rest of his team.

You don't really need to be great to beat us away.  Just turning up seems to be all the opposition require at the moment.

3-1 Stoke and McClaren to mention how beneficial the La Manga trip was in his interviews after the game.

Stoke to win 3-0, McClaren to say how tremendous we were taking into account the travelling the lads have done recently. And something about a reaction-either needing one or having got one, but he will probably wait to see the "attempted crosses" stats before deciding which.

We need a point at least but we never do well at Stoke. Not much chance this time when we are so s**** away.

That Demba Ba hattick aside like. He was on fire that night.

The whole team were. That was one of the best away performances I've ever seen a Newcastle team put in. I even remember Gary Neville saying afterwards it was the best away performance he'd seen that season. Definitely one of Pardews high points was that night.

3-1 Stoke and McClaren to mention how beneficial the La Manga trip was in his interviews after the game.

And a fucking huge smile on his stupid face while he tells us we need to do a little bit of work before the next game.