Stoke City v Newcastle United - 02/03/16 @ 19.45 - Pre match thread (No TV)

Willow

I think we'll win depending on what the back four looks like. If Saylor and Aarons remain it'll look fairly ominous against Stoke's front three.

I'm feeling weirdly positive about the next handful of games though.

It's away, we'll lose.

Essentially.

Thread Journey: lots of pessimism, rising optimist for game start then angst, anger, shame, bitterness, more shame, more anger, with a dose of feigned apathy throughout the thread when it really hurts inside but we don't want to show it.

Close it now while we can!

It's away, we'll lose.

Essentially.

Thread Journey: lots of pessimism, rising optimist for game start then angst, anger, shame, bitterness, more shame, more anger, with a dose of feigned apathy throughout the thread when it really hurts inside but we don't want to show it.

Close it now while we can!

:lol: :thup:

It's away, we'll lose.

Essentially.

I'm sexy and I know it.

This will show McClaren's away tactics & motivational skills up this one because in the home game we were far better and was only because of Butand that we didn't win. Fairly similar to the home & away contrasts between us and West Ham & West Brom this season.

I can see this being an easy 2-0 to them.

Think its about our attitude, if we're scared of them and let them dictate we'll get hammered. If we go there aggressive then we have a chance like you always do in football. Sissoko and Wijnaldum out, Townsend right, Aarons left Ayo at 10 behind Mitro.

Think its about our attitude, if we're scared of them and let them dictate we'll get hammered. If we go there aggressive then we have a chance like you always do in football. Sissoko and Wijnaldum out, Townsend right, Aarons left Ayo at 10 behind Mitro.

Aye.  Go there, play our game like we do at home with no fear and we might get something.  You've got to have a go at least, if you go there trying just to not get beat you've already lost.