Stoke City v Newcastle United - 02/03/16 @ 19.45 - Pre match thread (No TV)

Willow

We need to change formation slightly for away games.

Id go 4-5-1 have Tiote as DM, Shelvey and Wijnaldum in the centre, Sissoko and Townsend on the wings and Mitro up front.

The problem is you've still got Wijnaldum in there doing fuck all

We need to change formation slightly for away games.

Id go 4-5-1 have Tiote as DM, Shelvey and Wijnaldum in the centre, Sissoko and Townsend on the wings and Mitro up front.

The problem is you've still got Wijnaldum in there doing f*** all

Agreed with this.

Would much rather have Saviet alongside Tiote and Shelvey pushed further forward, or simply play Perez and drop Wiji and keep the rest the same.

anyone of you lot going to this?

im travelling from manchester and never been to stoke before, where should i go for a swift half to numb the fact i will be watching us again?

I'm not going but the pub outside the ground will be full of our lot and you can park in the pub car park but it's not easy getting out after the match. The pub is on the left hand side as you head towards the ground off the A50.

No idea who's fit since so many were in the 1-2 weeks bracket at the start of the break, so assuming as its been more than 2 weeks that they are all available i'd go:

Elliot

Janmaat Taylor Mbemba Colback

Saivet

Shelvey Sissoko

Townsend    Doumbia    Aarons

Actually hit a team with pace for once away from home

Sissoko over Wijnaldum because he has more drive from deep.

actually use the subs for once early if we need to rather than waiting.

im travelling from manchester and never been to stoke before, where should i go for a swift half to numb the fact i will be watching us again?

Manchester.

yes, i work here during the week so its canny handy for me to get the train to stoke

I'm not going but the pub outside the ground will be full of our lot and you can park in the pub car park but it's not easy getting out after the match. The pub is on the left hand side as you head towards the ground off the A50.

cheers fella

No idea who's fit since so many were in the 1-2 weeks bracket at the start of the break, so assuming as its been more than 2 weeks that they are all available i'd go:

Elliot

Janmaat Taylor Mbemba Colback

Saivet

Shelvey Sissoko

Townsend    Doumbia    Aarons

Actually hit a team with pace for once away from home

Sissoko over Wijnaldum because he has more drive from deep.

actually use the subs for once early if we need to rather than waiting.

id probabably have lascelles at left back

or is he banned?

Oh great, a match.

This sums up how I'm feeling about this one.  Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I couldn't be arsed to do either. This is the first game this season I probably won't even bother to follow. I feel like how we play.

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFC  39s39 seconds ago

SMc: "It's the most frustrating team I've worked with. We were fantastic against WBA and then lost 5-1. It's 1 extreme to the other." #NUFC

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFC  47s47 seconds ago

SMc: "We are assessing Colo every day but the next two games look doubtful." #NUFC

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFC  2m2 minutes ago

McClaren confirmed that Mitrovic, Dummett, Colback, de Jong and Anita are all fit again. Mbemba is not, however. #NUFC