Coloccini needs to sit out the rest of the season...but back in Argie squad

Parky

At fault for both goals and criminally twice for the first....And just for good measure nearly at fault for a third. I don't really know what's wrong with him, but let's find out next year.

At fault for both goals and criminally twice for the first....And just for good measure nearly at fault for a third. I don't really know what's wrong with him, but let's find out next year.

I say we should try to ship him out and try to get some of the money back. I'd rather we went with Bassong and Taylor for the next season than have Colo anywhere near the first team, unless of course he drastically improves. Something I doubt he will.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I say we should try to ship him out and try to get some of the money back.

Then we need a new centre half.

I say we should try to ship him out and try to get some of the money back.

Then we need a new centre half.

We'd need a new centre half for back-up, I think Taylor should be first choice alongside Bassong. I said "Taylor and Bassong" in my post after the part you edited out in your quote after all. 

We're just going to ship him out?  Our highly rated £10m Argentina international defender who was a rock at the start of the season.

He's shot to pieces mentally because he's had no protection from the midfield all season.  I agree, his performances lately have not been good enough.

But this is why our defenders are shit.  Even Bramble is doing okay at Wigan.  It's not the player.  It's not that he's not good enough.

We're not managing our defenders properly.  Play him with Bassong, improve as a team, and Colocinni will be right as rain.

Sell him, and it's more money down the drain yet again, and we let another quality defender slip away because he's got the likes of Geremi and Smith playing around him.

We're just going to ship him out?  Our highly rated £10m Argentina international defender who was a rock at the start of the season.

He's shot to pieces mentally because he's had no protection from the midfield all season.  I agree, his performances lately have not been good enough.

But this is why our defenders are shit.  Even Bramble is doing okay at Wigan.  It's not the player.  It's not that he's not good enough.

We're not managing our defenders properly.  Play him with Bassong, improve as a team, and Colocinni will be right as rain.

Sell him, and it's more money down the drain yet again, and we let another quality defender slip away because he's got the likes of Geremi and Smith playing around him.

iirc, the Deportivo fans were apparently glad to get rid.

I've heard and read absolutely nothing to suggest that at all. Certainly not from that busy Deportivo forum that cropped up on here when it was happening.

You recall incorrectly then.

But this is why our defenders are s***.  Even Bramble is doing okay at Wigan.  It's not the player.  It's not that he's not good enough.

I've heard and read absolutely nothing to suggest that at all. Certainly not from that busy Deportivo forum that cropped up on here when it was happening.

Agreed.  Like when we laughed at Wigan for Bramble, and now they're saying he could play for England?

Time on the bench?  I agree.  Play Taylor and Bassong.  Make Colo fight for his place.

But to sell is just madness.  Colocinni is a quality defender, and he showed that at the start of the season.  I remember sitting SJP for weeks in October just applauding his last ditch tackles and his great confidence.

Form is temporary, you know the rest.

Guest sicko2ndbest

What a terrific deal that was to get rid of Faye and replace with Colo for a whopping 9m more. No wonder the fat fuka is no longer a billionaire

Started every game this season, maybe he is just knackered?

I doubt he's been this exposed as a player yet. The Spanish game is significantly less 'rough and ready' than the PL and this is his first season is a very quick and competitive league.

He's been the big signing (the one this Summer that we broke the bank for) and so there was so much pressure and expectation on him to be World Class.

Let's not forget he has had some very good games this season, he's just not up to being so exposed with a distinct lack of midfield support infront of him. I wouldn't write him off here for the future, but this season he's gone, his confidence is just shot to pieces for a first.

Guest Heneage

He showed at OT he is a good defender, you don't go shite over night. He just needs to sit and relax, on the bench.

What we need is a decent fucking midfield chelsea just cruised past in that area and it just puts to much pressure on our central defenders.

Exactly!

Some of our fans seem to have a problem understanding that the midfield's role is not only to attack, but also to help defend. And they're useless in that regard, save for the odd intervention from Jonas.

The defenders have far too much work to do, makes me appreciate Bassong even more, but also understand why Coloccini is having such a hard time of it at the moment. No I'm not excusing him, but it can't be helping at all.