Coloccini needs to sit out the rest of the season...but back in Argie squad

Parky

We're just going to ship him out?  Our highly rated £10m Argentina international defender who was a rock at the start of the season.

He's shot to pieces mentally because he's had no protection from the midfield all season.  I agree, his performances lately have not been good enough.

But this is why our defenders are shit.  Even Bramble is doing okay at Wigan.  It's not the player.  It's not that he's not good enough.

We're not managing our defenders properly.  Play him with Bassong, improve as a team, and Colocinni will be right as rain.

Sell him, and it's more money down the drain yet again, and we let another quality defender slip away because he's got the likes of Geremi and Smith playing around him.

iirc, the Deportivo fans were apparently glad to get rid.

You recall incorrectly then.

I might, iirc means IF I recall correctly you know. No need to hurt my feelings, I love you after all :( :(

All three of Beye, Bassong and Taylor seem like better alternatives at this moment in time, and should all be ahead of him in the pecking order. Coloccini has obviously had a massive drop in confidence along with our performances the last couple of months, and while I still think he's a class defender he does not warrant a first team place right now, by any stretch of the imagination.

It really is a pity, cos he looked to be the sort of defender we'd been missing since Woodgate when he joined. Such a different player now :(

Guest hawayman

Getting worse with each game, making way too many costly mistakes and falls over for no apparent reason.

looks s*** with everyone but Bassong tbh

He has looked s**** from the off bar the odd game & he has played the majority of games with Bassong as his partner.

That's just bollocks.  He looked epic at the start of the season.  And don't tell me otherwise, cause I have a Season Ticket and I've watched him week in, week out.  He was quality back then.

His confidence is shot.  He is still quality.

Can we please move on and stop using him as a scapegoat for all our problems.  We won against Chelsea and Man United with a backline of Solano, Taylor, Ramage and Huntington.  Whoever tells me Huntington or Ramage > Colocinni can just go shoot themselves now, because you've clearly got no idea what you're talking about.

To be honest it's not exactly been very easy for him to settle in with all of the goings on off the field. I'm keeping the faith with him until things can finally settle down and all of the players can concentrate on football only. Obviously I wouldn't say he should be guaranteed a place because that would be unfair on others who have performed brilliantly such as Bassong but I think it's really harsh all these people who are writing him off and saying never play him again because we lost to Chelsea ffs.

:colo:

looks s*** with everyone but Bassong tbh

He has looked s**** from the off bar the odd game & he has played the majority of games with Bassong as his partner.

That's just bollocks.  He looked epic at the start of the season.  And don't tell me otherwise, cause I have a Season Ticket and I've watched him week in, week out.  He was quality back then.

His confidence is shot.  He is still quality.

What tosh he got dropped from the Argie squad because of his early performances & has got worse as the season has went on. He looked decent against MUFC as did most of our team & he did okayish against Coventry after that I am struggling.

HE IS SHITE!!!! Was good on FM 2007 though  :thup:

did he play against Bolivia, btw? (or jonas out of curiosty)

The Argie's missed Jonas work ethic against Bolivia.

Nah, I just think their hat-rick hero, Joaquin Botero, was just too good. :pow: I've been going on about him for years. http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,34545.msg670237.html#msg670237

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,50015.msg1292142.html#msg1292142

legend i tell ya.

did he play against Bolivia, btw? (or jonas out of curiosty)

No, they only scored six.... :coat:

As a season ticket holder myself, I cant recall him looking 'epic' at any point of the season - he got an easy ride for his shortcomings at the ground and on this board because he cost a lot / was something different / wasn't Steven Taylor who has taken a lot of the shit on this board (a lot of it being deserved).

It's now that it's come to the thin end of the wedge and we are right in the shit that he is getting the stick for the shortcomings that he has shown throughout his time here, escpecially as he hasn't had the big lads to play alongside the past match and a half which has only magnified these more.

Still, at least he's not Cacapa.

What is it about this club and their ability to implode in a second? There was nowt in the game 'til the Coloccini error.

Look at our games v Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea. Arsenal game, we miss a penalty at 0-0. Man U game, we were doing ok at 1-1 until R Taylor chests the ball down for the mancs 2nd. Then again today we shoot ourselves in the foot. They really are infuriating.

Said we should have played him leftback for the rest of the season and I stand by that.

Started decent then turned to s*** like most of our signings do

Would get raped for pace on the left in my humble.

Guest Heneage

He's a worry but with Bassong back and Beye at right-back (basically our best back four IMO) he'll be better, I'm sure of it.

I don't think its those around him really, I just think he needs a rest. Its all getting a bit hysteric around him and waiting for that next slip up.

Guest kirkpatrick9

At fault for both goals and criminally twice for the first....And just for good measure nearly at fault for a third. I don't really know what's wrong with him, but let's find out next year.

Nowt against anyone with any hair style, but IMO his hair must affect his awareness, movement and concentration and handicap him against opponents can use their eyes because of a short hair cut or a style that allows tghem 180 degree vision at all times. He should tie it up when he plays, or wear some head band to make sure he is focused on his job. In certain jobs in the real world he'd be asked to tie his hair up, or cover it...

The sad thing about this, no manager, and rightly so IMO, who man manages would pick him up on it for the sake of moral, which would make him fight it, so I guess he will have this problem for the rest of the season, unless he himself realises it is a problem that has to affect his game.

We need bassong and Taylor back asap.

Said we should have played him leftback for the rest of the season and I stand by that.

Started decent then turned to s*** like most of our signings do

Would get raped for pace on the left in my humble.

Better than in a centre half position, anyway I think Colo's quicker than Enrique