Coloccini needs to sit out the rest of the season...but back in Argie squad

Parky

I don't think that his individual displays (when looked at like above) have been that great this season, but the defence always looks much, much better when he's there. I guess that means he's the organiser or whatever, takes some pressure off the rest.

Steady...you don't want to scupper Jayson's year long anti-Coloccini campaign. The idea is to focus on the curly-haired defender's gaffes not any stuff he might do well.

Interesting how the highlights give a better impression of how the match went than watching the whole match.

I watched the game. Im hardly Anti colo, last season i said he was crap because he was. Havent mentioned him for ages, only brought it up because i was suprised. I thought he had a good game yesterday until looking back at their chances. This year ive been praising him mainly, its clear we're a much better side with him playing at the back...the same with Taylor. Didnt say anything otherwise anywhere. Just that once again its shown that he's nowhere near prem standard which id been hoping he could be with confidence. When you look at the individual errors he makes though which lead to chances as above....a lot of those will result in goals in the prem. Those are serious chances, not half chances. And thats down to his intelligence on the pitch not his confidence.

Defenders ricks will always get highlighted and for good reason: because they increase the chances of the opposition scoring. The perfect defensive performance is one without errors. Or maybe that's too traditional a view?

Defefnders who don't mark their forwards very well don't get noticed as much on telly.

Defenders ricks will always get highlighted and for good reason: because they increase the chances of the opposition scoring. The perfect defensive performance is one without errors. Or maybe that's too traditional a view?

Defefnders who don't mark their forwards very well don't get noticed as much on telly.

defenders who just ponce about dont either, you can't make amistake if you dont challenge, who was that centre half we used to have that wouldn't go up for headers, 3/4 years back I think.

His first game back and he didn't give a flawless performance, lets just shoot him now.

For the late chance, that wasn't Colo's man who flicked it on, it just happened to be Colo who ran 15 yards to challenge him.

Even the best defenders make mistakes, I think its how they recover with alot of them that makes you a good defender

Of course, but your aim should to be to reduce the need for last-ditch tackles etc. to as small a number as possible. Some of your very best Woodgate performances had almost nowt flashy at all.

Even the best defenders make mistakes, I think its how they recover with alot of them that makes you a good defender

Of course, but your aim should to be to reduce the need for last-ditch tackles etc. to as small a number as possible. Some of your very best Woodgate performances had almost nowt flashy at all.

Exactly. Woodgate was a bit like someone like Hansen who rarely had to slide tackle because he was already in the right position to snuff out the danger.

The most expensive defender signed in the history of club is looking good in CCC.

We paid far too much for him but there's not much we can do about that now. I didn't think he was as bad in the premier as people made out btw , he came in for more criticism than most, but then so did Enrique and that was over the top as well.