Coloccini needs to sit out the rest of the season...but back in Argie squad

Parky

"(Bassong) will be back and will be paired with Habib Beye or David Edgar in the centre of defence if Taylor is not fit enough to play"

my fucking word

Beye and Bassong might work out nicely tbh.

Guest toonlass

"(Bassong) will be back and will be paired with Habib Beye or David Edgar in the centre of defence if Taylor is not fit enough to play"

my fucking word

Both French speaking so should communicate well.

I think Coloccini is a good footballer but what we are seeing now is a player devoid of all confidence, and for that reason, and the position we are in, I agree that he should be taken out of the firing line if Bassong and Taylor are fit.

Further to that, I am very disappointed with Coloccini's character, even when he makes a mistake he shows no real desire to get back and try and rectify it. If he had shown some heart on Saturday he could still have prevented Lampard's goal.

Now seeing a player lacking confidence.... :lol: he's been dreadful all season get a season ticket man.

Tell me who this good technical South American footballer you see is because it wasn't the one that showed that dreadful first touch of his leading to the goal that ultimately lost us the game last Saturday.

The continuous excuses for this dreadful player has gone on long enough he has consistently cost us goals and ultimately matches all season which if it continues will result in relegation now if Alan with the standards he expects doesn't have him dropped at first chance I'll be very surprised.

Some are just in some serious denial over the fact that we've yet again wasted a large sum on a player who isnt good enough. Luckily this time we flukely got a class one for barely anything at the same time.

Who knows where we'd have been with taylor and colo all season, especially with injuries.

my f***ing word

didn't you admit the other day that you'd seen nowt of Beye to convince you he'd do well in the centre.

to be honest it's Edgar i'd have more of an issue with, definetly not the player you want anywhere near a relegation scrap

I think Coloccini is a good footballer but what we are seeing now is a player devoid of all confidence, and for that reason, and the position we are in, I agree that he should be taken out of the firing line if Bassong and Taylor are fit.

Further to that, I am very disappointed with Coloccini's character, even when he makes a mistake he shows no real desire to get back and try and rectify it. If he had shown some heart on Saturday he could still have prevented Lampard's goal.

Now seeing a player lacking confidence.... :lol: he's been dreadful all season get a season ticket man.

Tell me who this good technical South American footballer you see is because it wasn't the one that showed that dreadful first touch of his leading to the goal that ultimately lost us the game last Saturday.

The continuous excuses for this dreadful player has gone on long enough he has consistently cost us goals and ultimately matches all season which if it continues will result in relegation now if Alan with the standards he expects doesn't have him dropped at first chance I'll be very surprised.

Colo was a good defender till about November so I its rubbish saying he's been terrible all season.

my f***ing word

didn't you admit the other day that you'd seen nowt of Beye to convince you he'd do well in the centre.

to be honest it's Edgar i'd have more of an issue with, definetly not the player you want anywhere near a relegation scrap

Yep, I'm still not convinced. But has he played alongside Bassong yet? The two might work out better than our other combinations.

Colo was a good defender till about November so I its rubbish saying he's been terrible all season.

I didnt see that atall. Some games he did alright, mainly because bassong mopped up behind him. I never saw him excel in his own right, i offer anyone to name a few games where he did. Taylors made several key tackles this season, bassong the same, enriques been class..beye always is.....but Colo...Dont see it atall. Hilarious that hes our most expensive.

I didnt see that atall. Some games he did alright, mainly because bassong mopped up behind him. I never saw him excel in his own right, i offer anyone to name a few games where he did. Taylors made several key tackles this season, bassong the same, enriques been class..beye always is.....but Colo...Dont see it atall. Hilarious that hes our most expensive.

Bassong didn't start playing until after the Fulham game.

Well thats not true, but even if it was i dont see the relevance.

Name the games colo proved he had any ability in.

Bassong only played a handful of times before Fulham and they were all at left back, I can't remember him covering up for Colo. The relevance?  You said he only played well because Bassong was mopping up for him!

Games played well in: Man U, Bolton, Fulham (at least for most of the game), Chelsea, Boro (although can't remember much from this game).

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Well thats not true, but even if it was i dont see the relevance.

Name the games colo proved he had any ability in.

His debut.

Vs Villa he did very well.

People saying Colo's been shit all season are just trying to stick the knife in for the sake of it tbh, as usual. He hasn't looked totally incompetent for the entirety of the season, and for a good period looked like a really good signing. Started slowly; i can remember Marlon King having him in his back pocket and it was depressing viewing, but the guy managed to pull it together and put in some belting performances. Off the top of my head i can think of the Villa home game, away to Chelsea, away to Boro. Looked good on his debut n'all. I'm not excusing his recent performances, because they've been rubbish and it's been coming for a while, but to say he's been shite all season is a total exaggeration.

I'm going to conform to cliche and say he's a good player severely lacking in confidence. And whilst this doesn't excuse simple errors like timing his forward runs (and getting skinned easily by shite like Ricardo Fuller/Henri Camara), etc, a bit of help from the midfield now and again would assist Colo's development.

I hope we don't end up chucking him in the summer, if we stay up. Needless. He's blatantly got ability imo. Good with the ball, good in the air, decent positioning (needs to realise he's not very fast, though), and works well in a good unit. I know it's easy to say but he wouldn't have played for Villerreal, Milan, Deportivo if he was shit. Give the lad some time. Ideally he wouldn't have been first choice this season, and i guess that's a fault on the recruitment team's part. But we've got him and we should work with him. It'd be criminal to simply chuck away a highly-rated CB cos of a poxy first season.

Guest alankhaw

Our best back four this season has been Beye, Coloccini, Bassong and Enrique and we haven't had the chance since Beye's unfortunate injury so it would do Coloccini a world of good confidence wise if he played with the other 3.

Guest michaelfoster

People saying Colo's been s*** all season are just trying to stick the knife in for the sake of it tbh, as usual. He hasn't looked totally incompetent for the entirety of the season, and for a good period looked like a really good signing. Started slowly; i can remember Marlon King having him in his back pocket and it was depressing viewing, but the guy managed to pull it together and put in some belting performances. Off the top of my head i can think of the Villa home game, away to Chelsea, away to Boro. Looked good on his debut n'all. I'm not excusing his recent performances, because they've been rubbish and it's been coming for a while, but to say he's been s**** all season is a total exaggeration.

I'm going to conform to cliche and say he's a good player severely lacking in confidence. And whilst this doesn't excuse simple errors like timing his forward runs (and getting skinned easily by s**** like Ricardo Fuller/Henri Camara), etc, a bit of help from the midfield now and again would assist Colo's development.

I hope we don't end up chucking him in the summer, if we stay up. Needless. He's blatantly got ability imo. Good with the ball, good in the air, decent positioning (needs to realise he's not very fast, though), and works well in a good unit. I know it's easy to say but he wouldn't have played for Villerreal, Milan, Deportivo if he was s***. Give the lad some time. Ideally he wouldn't have been first choice this season, and i guess that's a fault on the recruitment team's part. But we've got him and we should work with him. It'd be criminal to simply chuck away a highly-rated CB cos of a poxy first season.

This basically

Guest icemanblue

Our best back four this season has been Beye, Coloccini, Bassong and Enrique and we haven't had the chance since Beye's unfortunate injury so it would do Coloccini a world of good confidence wise if he played with the other 3.

True dat. Some right tits mouthing off in here. Are they forgetting our period of defensive 'stability'?

People saying Colo's been shit all season are just trying to stick the knife in for the sake of it tbh, as usual. He hasn't looked totally incompetent for the entirety of the season, and for a good period looked like a really good signing. Started slowly; i can remember Marlon King having him in his back pocket and it was depressing viewing, but the guy managed to pull it together and put in some belting performances. Off the top of my head i can think of the Villa home game, away to Chelsea, away to Boro. Looked good on his debut n'all. I'm not excusing his recent performances, because they've been rubbish and it's been coming for a while, but to say he's been shite all season is a total exaggeration.

I'm going to conform to cliche and say he's a good player severely lacking in confidence. And whilst this doesn't excuse simple errors like timing his forward runs (and getting skinned easily by shite like Ricardo Fuller/Henri Camara), etc, a bit of help from the midfield now and again would assist Colo's development.

I hope we don't end up chucking him in the summer, if we stay up. Needless. He's blatantly got ability imo. Good with the ball, good in the air, decent positioning (needs to realise he's not very fast, though), and works well in a good unit. I know it's easy to say but he wouldn't have played for Villerreal, Milan, Deportivo if he was shit. Give the lad some time. Ideally he wouldn't have been first choice this season, and i guess that's a fault on the recruitment team's part. But we've got him and we should work with him. It'd be criminal to simply chuck away a highly-rated CB cos of a poxy first season.

:thup:

It'll probably help him having Beye back in the side, btw. Colo plays right-centre-back doesn't he? Probably missed that bit of encouragement and organisation Habib brings to the team; crazy how important a player that guy is. He hasn't even been brilliant when he's played this season (Beye), but his importance can't be ignored. So chuffed he's back in the side.

I can remember there was actually a thread about this being our best back four when we went through a very decent defensive period before Beye got injured and Coloccini played a big part in it. There are one or two like Jayson who have been on his back for a while now, some of it is deserved some of it isn't. Once fans get on someone's back it becomes a snowball effect. Boumsong by the end of his time here was taking the blame for Alan Ramage's mistakes.

Guest alankhaw

Absolutely. I mean it's his first season in the premiership too and he has learnt a lot no doubt. We are quick to praise players who play well and when they start playing shit we get the shotguns ready. It would be illogical dropping him for the next game. It isn't going to give him a morale boost thats for sure.

I can remember there was actually a thread about this being our best back four when we went through a very decent defensive period before Beye got injured and Coloccini played a big part in it. There are one or two like Jayson who have been on his back for a while now, some of it is deserved some of it isn't. Once fans get on someone's back it becomes a snowball effect. Boumsong by the end of his time here was taking the blame for Alan Ramage's mistakes.

:lol:

That aside, you're spot on btw.