Ryan Taylor/Nolan

Guest K9

Is that the best you can do? :no:

its a laid back, and looking at it from the outside [as I haven't took much part in this] view. I'm pretty sure I'm right though.

The worst is yet to come. We are doomed, and the end is nigh.

Seriously, I always knew that macbeth and others like him were talking total bollocks.

I hope Alan Shearer can galvanise this lot, shame we still didn't have zoggy instead of Ryan Taylor though.

You gotta live in reality

Im not claiming hes any real use to us currently but it was probably either Nolan or no one.

So of all the players to get in such a desperate position, atleast he could be half useful in the future.

He's slow and s***. As you say, it's better to live in reality rather than have pipe dreams of him suddenly becoming anything else.

That was a bit of a crap response really wasnt it. If you've an argument as to why he cannot improve his fitness or why im assuming you think hes always been crap...regardless of the fact that hes a better goalscoring record than any of our other midfielders go ahead and provide it. Not much point typing otherwise. We can all state pointless opinions based on nothing

I've been against Nolan's signing from the beginning although I was hoping he'd prove me wrong. I'll repeat the reasons again if you've missed them previously.

Nolan has no vision, no ability to pick a through pass, no desire to pass and move (have you seen him do any quick one-two's?) he looks overweight, and he genrally only plays for about 45 mins. Bolton fans were booing him, were delighted to get rid of him and their results have improved since he left. As an athlete, on a scale of 1-10 he'd score 3 if you were being generous. He has no pace whatsoever, no engine and his legs look shot.

Is this enough for you or do you think I'm watching a different player to you?

I think that you're not able to follow the conversation.

Heres some quotes for you

Nolans just not fit enough, hes proven he has quality. You dont pass your best at 26

If you've an argument as to why he cannot improve his fitness

Im not claiming hes any real use to us currently

atleast he could be half useful in the future.

Now you've responded by explaining to me that recently he looks overweight..only plays for 45 mins etc

Look at what im saying & decide for yourself whether your argument has any relevance to anything im claiming.

Im not claiming hes any real use to us currently but it was probably either Nolan or no one.

So of all the players to get in such a desperate position, atleast he could be half useful in the future.

He's slow and s***. As you say, it's better to live in reality rather than have pipe dreams of him suddenly becoming anything else.

That was a bit of a crap response really wasnt it. If you've an argument as to why he cannot improve his fitness or why im assuming you think hes always been crap...regardless of the fact that hes a better goalscoring record than any of our other midfielders go ahead and provide it. Not much point typing otherwise. We can all state pointless opinions based on nothing

I've been against Nolan's signing from the beginning although I was hoping he'd prove me wrong. I'll repeat the reasons again if you've missed them previously.

Nolan has no vision, no ability to pick a through pass, no desire to pass and move (have you seen him do any quick one-two's?) he looks overweight, and he genrally only plays for about 45 mins. Bolton fans were booing him, were delighted to get rid of him and their results have improved since he left. As an athlete, on a scale of 1-10 he'd score 3 if you were being generous. He has no pace whatsoever, no engine and his legs look shot.

Nolans just not fit enough, hes proven he has quality. You dont pass your best at 26

Now you've responded by explaining to me that recently he looks overweight..only plays for 45 mins etc

Look at what im saying & decide for yourself whether your argument has any relevance to anything im claiming.

I didn't realise that you only wanted to discuss Nolan's fitness and not his qualities as a player but if we are doing this in lawyer-speak then I'll just say if he's not fit to play an important role this season then he was a waste of money. By the time he is fit (if ever), we'll have better players available like Barton or Guthrie.

The thing that bothers me about Nolan is that when Ashley and Llambias were at the City match, they just went out and bought someone that was similar to Barton, rather than someone who could add something new to the team. What happens when Barton comes back?

Nolan gets dropped, as Barton is a much better player. Sticking my neck out here but I reckon we wouldn't be in the relegation zone now if Barton had stayed fit. Him coming in for the last games would be a massive boost and could be the on field spark we need. The more I think about the Nolan signing the more I'm dumbfounded as to what they were thinking.

He's better than Butt though.

I didn't realise that you only wanted to discuss Nolan's fitness and not his qualities as a player but if we are doing this in lawyer-speak then I'll just say if he's not fit to play an important role this season then he was a waste of money. By the time he is fit (if ever), we'll have better players available like Barton or Guthrie.

Just trying to put things as simply as possible.

You're arguing about his current ability which i have already agreed isnt very good...so it seems kind of pointless. I put this down to the fact that hes currently a chubby lard & no where near his full ability. Even so hes still got as many assists this season as anyone else in our team. Add to that the fact hes a far better goalscoring history than any of our current midfielders and hes not some disasterous signing as some of you are making out.

You can only compare him to what we currently have. Not some fantasy team you have in your mind. Hes not a bad signing compared to what we have....obviously it could have been better. A lot of our signings COULD have been. We COULD have done a whole lot of things differently this season, but you have to analyze what you currently have and leave it at that.

Even with Barton back he could have a role in the team, whether coming on as a sub to get goals or simply being a squad player. Its very likely that Barton or guthrie or both will be out of the first team again at some point in the future & its never bad to have a midfielder who likes to get foward and has proven he can put the ball in the back of the net every season. He wont have lost that at 26...you dont peak at that age....hes just lost his fitness & its obviously all dependant on him getting that back.

Just trying to put things as simply as possible.

You're arguing about his current ability which i have already agreed isnt very good...so it seems kind of pointless. I put this down to the fact that hes currently a chubby lard & no where near his full ability. Even so hes still got as many assists this season as anyone else in our team. Add to that the fact hes a far better goalscoring history than any of our current midfielders and hes not some disasterous signing as some of you are making out.

You can only compare him to what we currently have. Not some fantasy team you have in your mind. Hes not a bad signing compared to what we have....obviously it could have been better. A lot of our signings COULD have been. We COULD have done a whole lot of things differently this season, but you have to analyze what you currently have and leave it at that.

Even with Barton back he could have a role in the team, whether coming on as a sub to get goals or simply being a squad player. Its very likely that Barton or guthrie or both will be out of the first team again at some point in the future & its never bad to have a midfielder who likes to get foward and has proven he can put the ball in the back of the net every season. He wont have lost that at 26...you dont peak at that age....hes just lost his fitness & its obviously all dependant on him getting that back.

Don't you find it strange that Nolan is unfit after coming from Blackburn where he wasn't injured, and he's been here for two months now presumably training most every day? Anyway, even if we ignore that ludicrous situation I don't rate central midfielders who's reputation is built just on scoring goals. The best teams have midfielders who are athletes and boss the engine room with their use of the ball. What we have got at the moment is a slow, uncreative  goalscoring midfielder...who isn't scoring any goals.

Whether he'll get his fitness back whatever of level of fitness it was I'm not sure. I just hope he's not another Lee Sharpe who turned into a pisshead and blew his Man U career at quite an early age. Mind he WAS a good player in his time...

Ryan Taylor is awesome its like having Cafu, Beckham & Delap all in one.

Nolan the worst CM at the club apart from being tall offers nowt. When we signed him I thought he would hang around the opposition box drill shots in & get 3 or 4 goals for us.

I thought Taylor did alright against Stoke... He wasn't responsible for conceding any goals and he gave it a bit of a go, that's about as much as can ask for from the current lot.

Why does Taylor stop the ball with his studs and then push it forward in the same movement almost every time he receives it? Half the time he loses control and the other half the opposition player anticipates it and closes him down quickly.

I think i saw Nolan once in the game, when he put a tame header straight into Sorensen's arms. Was wank apart from that, I know he's shit but at least Butt shows for the ball now and again and tries to get things moving. Disgusting signing.

I can't get over how poor Nolan is. He offers absolutely sod all. At least Taylor does have certain attributes.

it's unbelievable, he's absolutely woeful to the point where i'd rather have Smith

Guest zogonthetyne

Ryan Taylor should not wear a newcastle shirt ever again. His performances since joining are pathetic, he's yet to demonstrate anything to suggest he's more than just a clogger. His delivery is consistently bad as are his set-pieces, he has an inability to keep the ball on the deck or take less than 3 touches before deciding what to do with it. Both today and against Stoke he was ineffectual and actually far more of a hindrance than an asset on the pitch.