Owen to stay?

Golfmag

driving so spelling might not be great but deputy editor from NOTW has just been on 5 live saying they have an exclusive from Owen, saying that if we stay up and Shearer stays, then he will definitely stay.......

driving so spelling might not be great but deputy editor from NOTW has just been on 5 live saying they have an exclusive from Owen, saying that if we stay up and Shearer stays, then he will definitely stay.......

We'll have to offer him another contract first.

Guest Chubby Jason

That would be great if it did happen, as long as big Al could get the team playing well, Owen will score. He's our best player and in a team playing good football he is brilliant.

Here's their 'big' exclusive:

Yet if the former England star can save Newcastle, Owen will stay. The striker's contract expires at the end of the season and he has delayed accepting a new deal until the current campaign is over.

Owen wants to concentrate on keeping Toon in the Premier League before considering his options but the appointment of Shearer could have a big influence on his decision.

Although Shearer has stated he will only be in charge for eight games, there is still hope on Tyneside he will stay on if he steers them to survival.

That could persuade Owen to commit himself to a long term deal if he thinks Newcastle are heading in the right direction. A source close to Owen said: "Michael's priority is still the same. He wants to help Newcastle to stay up.

"Everyone knows there is a mutual admiration between Alan and Michael and they are looking forward to working together for the rest of the season. Beyond that, time will tell. But Michael has a genuine affection for Newcastle and the fans and with Alan in charge I am sure that affection will grow even stronger."

Guest neesy111

he is one of the biggest problems we have at this club

and to think this guy would have cost this club 40 million by the time he's left

and to think this guy would have cost this club 40 million by the time he's left

The biggest problem we have at this club is we have far too many pedestrians in key areas of the pitch. Butt & Nolan starting in central midfield for example. Absolutely ridiculous we've reached this point as a club.

Well his goals kept us in the PL last season and might again this season, so that's about £40m in TV money.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Michael Owen is not a bad player, rather the contrary. But he needs a team around him that can provide him with the needed chances to create goals. The man can't do it all by himself, there's 9 other outfield players around him out there, you'd think at least one could set him up from time to time.

If Owen stays and we stay up, we have something to build the team around. And that's by far a good thing, as long as he can remain fit.

I'm willing to chalk off his absolutely woeful and pathetic performances under Houghton as just having decided that he was going to leave and not being bothered.

I will reserve judgement about just what kind of player Michael Owen is until I see how he performs in the next few matches under Shearer.

I'm willing to chalk off his absolutely woeful and pathetic performances under Houghton as just having decided that he was going to leave and not being bothered.

I will reserve judgement about just what kind of player Michael Owen is until I see how he performs in the next few matches under Shearer.

Why not judge on his past performances, even pre-Newcastle? It's obvious he wasn't caring anymore, nobody was caring anymore in our side before Shearer. We were destined for the drop the way Hughton and Calderwood were running things, and if I was Owen I'd be looking at my options very closely come the end of the season. Though now, with Shearer. Things are different.

Regardless of his half-hearted performances as of late, I'd have a celebratory wank if Owen signed an extension. People are unfairly judging him on his gigantic wage, but it's not his fault Freddy Shepherd found it necessary to throw money the club did not really have at Owen. But under all his injury troubles, there's one of the world's greatest strikers. And we have him in our team, and Shearer will get the best out of him, I am sure of that.

Why not judge on his past performances, even pre-Newcastle? It's obvious he wasn't caring anymore, nobody was caring anymore in our side before Shearer. We were destined for the drop the way Hughton and Calderwood were running things, and if I was Owen I'd be looking at my options very closely come the end of the season. Though now, with Shearer. Things are different.

Regardless of his half-hearted performances as of late, I'd have a celebratory w*** if Owen signed an extension. People are unfairly judging him on his gigantic wage, but it's not his fault Freddy Shepherd found it necessary to throw money the club did not really have at Owen. But under all his injury troubles, there's one of the world's greatest strikers. And we have him in our team, and Shearer will get the best out of him, I am sure of that.

Pre-Newcastle (or to be more precise, pre-Germany 2006) Owen is basically a completely different individual from Owen now.

And his good stint last season was mostly as a support striker coming in from deep. We have yet to see Michael Owen have a long, productive run as a goalscorer in a Newcastle shirt since 2006-2007

He wouldnt stay, he still wants back in the England team. Wouldnt manage it playing at that level. If we stay up and keep Alan though he will defo stay, we might even be able to talk him into a more reasonable contract. Enjoying his football will be key for him & having faith in the management. I dont think barely anyone had faith in Kinnear/Hughton/Allardyce etc....why would Owen be any different. Even Given gave up under those lot, yet owen is the one accused of lacking loyalty. Alan will command far more respect & Owen already looked better today....should have set up a goal. He'll be a much better player under Alan i reckon, someone who can push him & who he'll actually listen to.

If you're Michael owen and Hughton is trying to advise you on how to improve your game, you'd just be laughing in your head wouldnt you.

Guest Heneage

How about no Mickey? I want him to fuck off personally, one dimensional and has quite clearly seen the offers weren't as forthcoming and high in frequency as the Sunday rags suggested, its taken him a while but he's realised where his bread is not only buttered, but served to him on a silver platter with a velvet cloth should he drop a crumb.

How about no Mickey? I want him to f*** off personally, one dimensional and has quite clearly seen the offers weren't as forthcoming and high in frequency as the Sunday rags suggested, its taken him a while but he's realized where his bread is not only buttered, but served to him on a silver platter with a velvet cloth should he drop a crumb.

Yes I'd like him to fuck off now he's definitely not the same person. We need at least a new midfield and two new center forwards.