Sunday FACTS!!!!

Thespence

NEWS OF THE WORLD

Michael Owen has pledged his future to Newcastle - if they stay up. (We need him now but time should be called at the end of the season)

Alex Ferguson is set to snatch French ace Franck Ribery from Barcelona's fingertips this summer. (I was thinking they were lacking someone like Ribery :crazy2:)

Mark Hughes has been sounded out about replacing Ricky Sbragia at Sunderland. :yikes:

Carlos Tevez is prepared to drop his wage demands to ensure he stays at Man United.

Man City striker Daniel Sturridge has paved the way for a summer exit by rejecting a final contract offer. (Turned £60K down, if true madness)

Chelsea want to land Middlesbrough winger Adam Johnson. :yikes:

Everton loan signing Jo has eight games to save himself from another year of hell at Manchester City.

Nicky Shorey may leave Aston Villa at the end of the season.

Hull boss Phil Brown is planning a swoop for Man City's Darius Vassell and Tal Ben Haim.

THE PEOPLE

Barcelona are plotting a £15m move for Robin van Persie.

Dennis Wise is looking for a way back into management, with one eye on his boyhood idols QPR. :lol:

Sunderland could tempt Fulham manager Roy Hodgson to move north this summer. :yikes:

Arsene Wenger is plotting a £12m raid for Everton starlet Jack Rodwell. :yikes:

Harry Redknapp is ready to make a summer move for Aston Villa striker John Carew.

Fulham want to bring Harry Kewell back to the Premier League.

Wigan have targeted Dynamo Kiev striker Ismael Bangoura to replace Amir Zaki.

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate is making an ambitious move to sign Ghana's goal king Prince Tagoe.

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce is set to swoop for Egyptian star Ahmed Al-Muhammadi.

SUNDAY MIRROR

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley will have to find £40m to keep Alan Shearer at St James' Park. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Newcastle sounded out Gerard Houllier about taking over until the end of the season before approaching Shearer. :yikes:

Man United face losing Ben Foster in the summer.

Gareth Barry intends to demand a move away from Aston Villa this summer if the club fail to qualify for the Champions League.

Aston Villa are set to sign Ajax's £9m-rated defender Thomas Vermaelen. (Unbelievable: What do you know about him?)

DAILY STAR SUNDAY

Manchester United have lined up Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko as a £12m replacement for Carlos Tevez.

Liverpool are closer to a £450m Middle East take-over which would give Kop boss Rafa Benitez more transfer funds.

Spurs defender Gareth Bale is a summer target for Juventus.  :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Liverpool winger Sebastian Leto is wanted by Paris St-Germain.

SUNDAY EXPRESS

Liverpool are edging closer to a £450m Middle East takeover which could give Rafa Benitez more power in the transfer market.

MAIL ON SUNDAY

Manchester City aim to establish a reputation as a club with serious ambitions by making Samuel Eto'o on of their main summer buys for £20m. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

SUNDAY MAIL (SCOTLAND)

Booze-row Barry Ferguson is ready to drown his sorrows by blowing £2m on a hotel - complete with late night bar.

Walter Smith may be prepared to give Allan McGregor a sensational Ibrox lifeline.

We could do a lot, lot worse than this lad. Assuming we stay up and they don't, obviously.

Looks supremely talented to me, and should surely be starting for Middlesbrough.

Would be gutted if Hodgson went to Sunderland, I love the bloke, and he's an excellent manager.

Adam Johnson would be a truly awesome signing, would have him here easily.

I honestly think Johnson (how old is he, 21?) needs to play at a more stable club, at least at first; albeit a better one than Boro.

I can see him folding under the inevitably disproportionate pressure that will be placed on him, to destroy all teams.

That said, would be a cracking purchase if people give him time.

Thing is, thats a huge if in that last point there.

It is, hence why he'd be better suited in a side like, without sounding like a twat, ours.

Come to think of it, we desperately need a decent winger.

I'll loosen Bill's pursestri-....

Forget it.

Just watching the Sunday Supplement & Ian Ridley made a very valid comment "When George Burley & Terry Butcher walked into the Scotland dressing room they thought there are some big time charlies here,  that happens in Scotland & in Newcastle, Glasgow where players are suddenly huge but they may not be elsewhere".

I think that is very true.

Guest Heneage

We could do a lot, lot worse than this lad. Assuming we stay up and they don't, obviously.

Looks supremely talented to me, and should surely be starting for Middlesbrough.

I'd take Wheater and Digard too.

If City think they are getting Eto'o for £20m they need to try doubling it.

The big lad is still wheeling & dealing

Mike Ashley transfers his stake in Sports Direct

Sports Direct founder and chief executive Mike Ashley has transferred his entire stake in the sports retailer to a company wholly owned by himself.

The transfer is the latest move by Ashley who has been linked to stakebuilding in rival JJB Sports.

Yesterday, Ashley moved 410.4 million shares at 10p each in to MASH Holdings. MASH Holdings now owns 71.2 per cent of Sports Direct.

Yesterday, sources said that Ashley bought a 23 per cent stake in JJB owned by former JJB chief executive Chris Ronnie.

The shares were auctioned off by Kaupthing who took control of the 65 million shares after they were transferred without JJB's knowledge, leading to the dismissal of Ronnie

From http://www.retail-week.com/News/2009/04/mike_ashley_transfers_his_stake_in_sports_direct.html

If you want to read more about murky world of Sport retailing check http://www.retail-week.com/News/2009/04/the_race_is_on_for_top_spots_in_sports_retail.html  out