Devil's advocate

Incognito

I want you all to know that what I am about to post is not an endorsement but I think its very possible.

My mate at work ,who is a West Brom. fan,when I informed him that their ex assistant and caretaker manager,Nigel Pearson,had been appointed assistant to Roeder,said "well unlucky,I bet Bryan Robson will be your next manager."

How many times has FFS said that in an ideal world ,the Newcastle manager should be a Geordie?Pearson has followed Robson from pillar to post.Smoggies,Bradford,WBA etc.I've got a horrible feeling about this.The words frying,pan and fire spring immediately to mind.Plus he's out of work at the mo so no compensation to be paid to any club. :thdn:

Any opinions about this?

SHUT UP JUST SHUT UP  bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif

"Middlesbrough’s eventful season ended with relegation on the final day of the season..."

"Bryan Robson made a dream start to his managerial career as Middlesbrough won the Division One title and promotion to the Premiership in their final season at Ayresome Park before relocation to the new 30,000-seat Riverside Stadium on the banks of the River Tees. He was assisted by Viv Anderson, another former Manchester United player.

"Middlesbrough made an ambitious return to the Premiership and attracted expensively-signed big names like Nick Barmby and the Brazilians Juninho and Branco. They went fourth in the Premiership in October 1995 and were optimistic of at least a UEFA Cup place, possibly even a title challenge. But an injury crisis severely demoralised the side and they slid down the table to finish 12th.

Robson splashed out millions of pounds in the summer of 1996 by signing the Italian striker Fabrizio Ravanelli and the Brazilian midfielder Emerson. But these expensive acquisitions were not enough to prevent Boro starting the 1996-97 campaign on a low note and things were made worse in January when they were deducted three points for postponing a fixture at short notice due an injury crisis. But the centre of attention at the Riverside was soon the possibility of a first-ever major trophy as the club reached the finals of both domestic cups. In the first final, Boro drew 1-1 with Leicester after extra time but lost 1-0 in the replay.

Middlesbrough’s eventful season ended with relegation on the final day of the season, whereas they would have avoided relegation and finished in 14th place had it not been for the points deduction which was not overturned despite continued appeals."

bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif

Just incase we needed killing off....Another unlucky manager.

This place is rapidly becoming an online version of Depressives Anonymous. I'm now sufficiently despondent to be thinking crazy things like "maybe relegation would be a necessary evil..." so yep, bring it on, let's have Robson Mk.II - The Terminator.

pearson wasnt involved with robson at bradford. todd was his assistant there. pretty certain the first and only time they teamed up as a coaching duo was at west brom.

pearson wasnt involved with robson at bradford. todd was his assistant there. pretty certain the first and only time they teamed up as a coaching duo was at west brom.

He Was definitely at Middlesbrough signed by Bryan Robson in 1994 as a player.One of his first signings.

He Was definitely at Middlesbrough along with Viv Anderson and Gordon McQueen.

he was a player at boro. pretty sure when he retired he then went to manage carlisle for a short time(was in charge when jimmy glass cored THAT goal to keep them up). then left there for the fa coaching setup. certainly wasnt involved at bradford.

He Was definitely at Middlesbrough along with Viv Anderson and Gordon McQueen.

he was a player at boro. pretty sure when he retired he then went to manage carlisle for a short time(was in charge when jimmy glass cored THAT goal to keep them up). then left there for the fa coaching setup. certainly wasnt involved at bradford.

Yeah mate you are right,but he was one of Robsons first signings at Smoggies.

the only remotely likely thing to happen is that pearson might get the job himself. similar to what happened to roeder last season.

the only remotely likely thing to happen is that pearson might get the job himself. similar to what happened to roeder last season.

To be fair,while he was caretaker at WBA,he did a very good job.Since Mowbray took over though its all gone tits up for them.What concerns me just to put a little spanner in the works though is all the links we have had in the papers to WBA players.Robinson,Gera,Davies and Kamara.,I've seen.