Premier Legaue Midfielder Sacked For: LACK OF PACE

Thespence

Blackburn Rovers have terminated the contract of former Switzerland international midfielder Johann Vogel by mutual consent.

The 32-year-old played just eight games in 13 months at Ewood Park and had over a year left on his contract.

Manager Sam Allardyce told BBC Radio Lancashire: "Playing in midfield is about legs.

"At his time of life, Johann's legs are no longer of the capabilities that they used to be."

Allardyce added: "The talent is there but unfortunately the physical capability is something which he has struggled with

"The talent that we see on a daily basis in training can not be transformed in to the game on a regular basis."

Vogel was Mark Hughes's final signing as Blackburn manager, joining the club as a free agent following his departure from Spanish club Real Betis.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/7990554.stm

We are looking to sign him to add pace to our midfield :pow:

Blackburn Rovers have terminated the contract of former Switzerland international midfielder Johann Vogel by mutual consent.

The 32-year-old played just eight games in 13 months at Ewood Park and had over a year left on his contract.

Manager Sam Allardyce told BBC Radio Lancashire: "Playing in midfield is about legs.

"At his time of life, Johann's legs are no longer of the capabilities that they used to be."

Allardyce added: "The talent is there but unfortunately the physical capability is something which he has struggled with

"The talent that we see on a daily basis in training can not be transformed in to the game on a regular basis."

Vogel was Mark Hughes's final signing as Blackburn manager, joining the club as a free agent following his departure from Spanish club Real Betis.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/7990554.stm

We are looking to sign him to add pace to our midfield :pow:

I wonder why Fat Sam didn't consider that before signing Geremi or offering Butt a new contract? It's typical that our ex-managers make all their mistakes at Newcastle and then come out spouting words of wisdom in hindsight.

In fat mans defence, his hands were tied, i presume this none runner they just fucked off at BR was a fringe player anyway.  To replace Butt at Newcastle would have meant spending wedge we didn't have.

And Geremi was free and could throw the ball miles!

I'd rather start Geremi ahead of Nolan anyday though.

Same here. If we are going to play a midfielder who can't get up and down the pitch, we might as well play the one who can pick a pass.

Guest Phil K

I wonder why Fat Sam didn't consider that before signing Geremi or offering Butt a new contract? It's typical that our ex-managers make all their mistakes at Newcastle and then come out spouting words of wisdom in hindsight.

After being screamed at by Newcastle fans, telling us THEY'RE right, moving on, and then putting OUR thoughts out as their own.

Same here. If we are going to play a midfielder who can't get up and down the pitch, we might as well play the one who can pick a pass.

Really, really bad idea.

It's stunning how quickly we've all decided to crucify Nolan after a game against Arsenal and a game against Chelsea.

Really, really bad idea.

It's stunning how quickly we've all decided to crucify Nolan after a game against Arsenal and a game against Chelsea.

tbf he's done fuck all since pitching up - lad needs to put in a performance man

Really, really bad idea.

tbf he's done f*** all since pitching up - lad needs to put in a performance man

It's easy to forget that he's still only played three and a half games for us.

And he did just fine at West Brom.

Really, really bad idea.

tbf he's done f*** all since pitching up - lad needs to put in a performance man

fuckin stupid sending off counts in the negative column oldtype, it's what you do on the pitch that counts and he did that one the pitch at a time when we needed the midfielder we'd just signed

right now his negatives are outweighing his positives, it's that simple

as i say he NEEDS to put in a performance against stoke

Really, really bad idea.

fuckin stupid sending off counts in the negative column oldtype, it's what you do on the pitch that counts and he did that one the pitch at a time when we needed the midfielder we'd just signed

He played well one game,

Got send off with a stupid tackle in another,

Then played anonymously for two matches against top four opposition where nobody else was playing particularly well either.

Writing him off already would border on insanity.

Really, really bad idea.

He played well one game,

Got send off with a stupid tackle in another,

Then played anonymously for two matches against top four opposition where nobody else was playing particularly well either.

Writing him off already would border on insanity.

i'm not writing him off i'm saying he needs a performance - more than one in fact

stoke, pompey, 'boro, fulham are the games where he needs to perform

he's too slow & immobile to have a game against spurs, villa & liverpool

so again, he needs to perform in the games he's capable of doing so in, starting saturday

Really, really bad idea.

Very easy indeed.

Nolan wasnt bad against WBA. Remember he set loven through easily in that game & he missed a sitter. Think it was that game. Wasnt brilliant either tbh.

Dont think he'll be good for this game anyway. Against stoke we gotta go out of our way not to give away pointless fouls/free kicks. Thats where theyre dangerous.

We were battering them in the other game until Guthrie went off at half time & that was with Geremi in the middle. So prob best to go with that again. Still cant believe we surrendered a 2-0 lead.

We were battering them in the other game until Guthrie went off at half time & that was with Geremi in the middle. So prob best to go with that again. Still cant believe we surrendered a 2-0 lead.

Looking on SKY TEXT page 260 he has created the most NUFC PL goals this season.