Costs for running NUFC

macbeth

After a request from someone (sorry forget who) I have included a new page on the finances web-site. This does a split of all the costs of the business over the last 8 years.

I haven't got the time at the moment to show this year by year, just as a single lump some for the period.

As ever, any useful comments would be appreciated.  :winking:

http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/costs2.htm should get you there.

I still have to answer someone who wanted a view of the club debts. Next time my wife lets me have some spare time ....

Well, you would expect shareholders to get a better return then debtholders, and that seems to be the case here. What you have is a business environment that seems to be totally different from competitive, a captive audience and no issues re price flexibility on the demand side.

Shareholders should be getting some of their return on the capital account as well as the income account. This club has shown negative return on the capital account from the float price, but some return following recent takeover speculation.

Directors should be worrying about total return to investors, not what they can get themselves in salary.

Does the Shepherd & Hall numbers include share sales? Obviously at obscene amounts above acquisition price but below flotation, i.e. the price of the rest of us mugs got in?

Having said that, is there any way this Board would be in control of any other plc?

This sounds more like a community project run by a bunch of arseholes.

Does the Shepherd & Hall numbers include share sales? Obviously at obscene amounts above acquisition price but below flotation, i.e. the price of the rest of us mugs got in?

It includes share sales made to the club, not on the general market. As there is so little liquidity in NUFC shares the Halls had to sell their shares back to the club in 2003. Why the 'club' saw this as good for the business was never really justified