PC gaming

Clay

Quaggy mate, if you are looking for something along the lines of Red Alert then look no further than Company of Heroes.  Its a WW2 RTS with great destructible environments.

A fantasic game that even I can get great graphics on my shitty system.  Also get the sequel "COH - Tales of Valor" where you can play as the British.  :thup:

Awesome game, if you want to play online though I would recommend reading a few guides first as the online community is rather ruthless !

I think there is another expansion pack due out this month.

They are also making an entirely new version aswell I believe.

New expansion is the bane of my bandwidth, fucking steam and its lets redownload the whole game instead of just the patch. Tales of Valor is just single player stuff, so i'm not going to bother with it. If they make COH 2 they better not destroy it like they did with Dawn of War 2.

I just got a Mafia game, however it's not the one i wanted/remembered.

This one doesn't work and when i went to find a solution it showed pictures of the game being in 3D..

Can anyone remember the game i'm thinking of?

It had an overhead camera

Had to point and click to move stuff

Kind of similar to Commandos in Gfx etc..

New expansion is the bane of my bandwidth, f***ing steam and its lets redownload the whole game instead of just the patch. Tales of Valor is just single player stuff, so i'm not going to bother with it. If they make COH 2 they better not destroy it like they did with Dawn of War 2.

tbh I dont play online, SP is what I like best.  Tales Of Valor is good, like I say you can play as the British and the Germans too which is refreshing.

If they make COH2 it should definately be set in the Eastern Front. No doubts about it.  The community are constantly harping on for it.

Mafia wars?

Just searched for that and it looks similar, i'm sure the game i was thinking of looked a bit better than that though, i dunno.. this was about 6 years ago so my memory of it is a bit sketchy.

Mafia wars?

Just searched for that and it looks similar, i'm sure the game i was thinking of looked a bit better than that though, i dunno.. this was about 6 years ago so my memory of it is a bit sketchy.

If its the game I am thinking of I remember playing for a while but it being total shite. Aye you are right it was about 6 years ago.

New expansion is the bane of my bandwidth, f***ing steam and its lets redownload the whole game instead of just the patch. Tales of Valor is just single player stuff, so i'm not going to bother with it. If they make COH 2 they better not destroy it like they did with Dawn of War 2.

tbh I dont play online, SP is what I like best.  Tales Of Valor is good, like I say you can play as the British and the Germans too which is refreshing.

If they make COH2 it should definately be set in the Eastern Front. No doubts about it.  The community are constantly harping on for it.

Russians in COH would be amazing, would be really hard to do. If they made them realistic they would be cheap and totally over powered, each squad would have about 15 guys in.

Mafia wars?

Gangsters maybe?

Anyone played War Rock?

Seems pretty good for a free online FPS.. Only had a few games so far and had a quality match sniping in some big desert, you really have to lead your bullets aswell.

Quite a few vehicles on the go aswell like planes etc..

Also does anyone play any of the following

Warcraft 3/Frozen Throne

CIV IV

Red Alert 2

Online? Using battlelan/hamachi to play them at the moment as i haven't got around to buying the proper games yet  :shifty: so if anyone fancys a game let me know.

Oh and steam name is the same as my gamertag.. ClAyPoOl1985 for CS 1.6 games.

Anyone played War Rock?

Seems pretty good for a free online FPS.. Only had a few games so far and had a quality match sniping in some big desert, you really have to lead your bullets aswell.

Warcraft 3/Frozen Throne

CIV IV

Red Alert 2

Online? Using battlelan/hamachi to play them at the moment as i haven't got around to buying the proper games yet  :shifty: so if anyone fancys a game let me know.

Man Civ4 mp is insane. Most fun MP experience I've ever had, all the backstabbing that goes on is mind boggling! Only problem being that it takes a ridiculously long time to finish a game, still well worth it imo. You should try the Civ board-game sometime, me and my friends used to play it quite often, really fun.

I only play the custom maps in WC3, dota ftw  :laugh2:

Playing Call of Duty world at war and i lag something rotten 2 gig ram, duel core but on board graphics ,got my mouse set up ok but in a fire fight i slow down so much like slow motion .

Anyone played War Rock?

Warcraft 3/Frozen Throne

CIV IV

Red Alert 2

Aye, used to play War Rock a while ago. Very good for being a free game.

Playing Call of Duty world at war and i lag something rotten 2 gig ram, duel core but on board graphics ,got my mouse set up ok but in a fire fight i slow down so much like slow motion .

On board is your problem. You can get cheap cards like a 9800gt that would run that no problem.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/1GB-Palit-9800GT-Superplus-PCI-E-20-(x16)-Mem-1800MHz-GDDR3-GPU-600MHz-112-Cores-2x-DL-DVI-HDTV

Also you would have to check your power supply, but gt isnt a power hungry card, so that should be cush.

On board is your problem. You can get cheap cards like a 9800gt that would run that no problem.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/1GB-Palit-9800GT-Superplus-PCI-E-20-(x16)-Mem-1800MHz-GDDR3-GPU-600MHz-112-Cores-2x-DL-DVI-HDTV

Also you would have to check your power supply, but gt isnt a power hungry card, so that should be cush.

Thanks Adam will try and get a new board .

Just improved my graphics and i'm currently looking through steam (Best part of an hour) to try and find something to buy.

Came across this pack for £26.99

Company of Heroes/Opposing fronts and Dawn of War gold edition/Dark crusade?

Is it worth it? Honestly can't decide what to buy, added and removed about 50 different games/bundles to my basket now :lol:

Guest Lazlo

You should get Bf2, S.t.a.l.k.e.r and Coh. opposing fronts  :snod: lol

Better get practising in them choppers for bf2 Dr nubcakes  :coolsmiley:

Just improved my graphics and i'm currently looking through steam (Best part of an hour) to try and find something to buy.

Came across this pack for £26.99

Company of Heroes/Opposing fronts and Dawn of War gold edition/Dark crusade?

Is it worth it? Honestly can't decide what to buy, added and removed about 50 different games/bundles to my basket now :lol:

Company of Heroes is class, especially fun when laning with friends.