PC gaming

Clay

4 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

Sorry wasn't trying to be a dick.  I was just explaining that the other one is probably better. I spent an hour researching the best value gaming pc I could find at that price.

Sorry mate that was a poor attempt at a joke by myself.

Funnily enough, I'm on the threshold of possibly, if I'm careful, and by approaching this the right way, by being nice and complimentary, in attempt to persuade Mrs B that i might just need to upgrade. She won't being having it though :lol:

The one you posted is a good un, I'm a bit obsessed with having AMD for both processor and CPU myself, for no real reason other than i've always found AMD combined were more stable. With zero Intel & Nvidia, or AMD & Nvidia in the last 2 computers to back up that reasoning though.

Edited by Bimpy474

50 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Sorry mate that was a poor attempt at a joke by myself.

Funnily enough, I'm on the threshold of possibly, if I'm careful, and by approaching this the right way, by being nice and complimentary, in attempt to persuade Mrs B that i might just need to upgrade. She won't being having it though :lol:

The one you posted is a good un, I'm a bit obsessed with having AMD for both processor and CPU myself, for no real reason other than i've always found AMD combined were more stable. With zero Intel & Nvidia, or AMD & Nvidia in the last 2 computers to back up that reasoning though.

Amd CPU and Nvidia GPUs work perfectly fine together. It's what I always build. You'll be fine with this one.

What is your current pc?

Edited by relámpago blanco

52 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Amd CPU and Nvidia GPUs work perfectly fine together. It's what I always build. You'll be fine with this one.

What is your current pc?

I've got a Ryzen 7 3700x with a RX 5700xt, I really don't need to upgrade to be fair, and unfortunately for me Mrs B knows that :lol:

1 hour ago, relámpago blanco said:

There's no point unless you buy am5 and they are crazy money for a motherboard.

Aye, i am going to wait to see what happens with prices. It isn't exactly a buyers market at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Aye, i am going to wait to see what happens with prices. It isn't exactly a buyers market at the moment.

It is if you want a 5800 x3d. Still performs well against the new generation for CPUs in gaming. It's on a par with most. That'll be until the 7000 series x3ds are out which is soon

Got a 3070 from ebay, its a insane jump from my 2060, games are now maxed out and giving me high frame rates. I undervolted it as the stock voltages were turning it in to a space heater. Now pulls half the wattage (same as my 2060) whilst still hitting the stock clock speeds, much cooler and quieter too. 

3070 is the same as a 6700XT, which is what I'm running. Not touching it for another few years tbh, it's still smashing all the sports sims I chuck at it. Got little interest in any of the new AAA titles tbh.

My 3080 and ryzen 9 3900 have gone up on ebay. Hoping to get most of my money back for the 3080.

The 4090 I installed at christmas is crazy. 

Got an i3 12100f this week, waiting for it to arrive (shipping to where I live takes about a week), it's gonna be a hell of an upgrade compared to my 6600k @stock 

Had the option to go with a b450 and a Ryzen 5 5600 for 100 bucks more but since both will push the rx6600 to it's limit, the pci-e 4.0 , emulation performance and the possibility to upgrade to a 13400/600 later made me choose intel.

BTW an upgrade like that here in brazil cost me basically minimum monthly wage (around 1200 bucks, the ryzen 5600 would have cost 1300 and would be a OEM cpu without a cooler)