Message to the Big A.C.

WhatTheFunk

Dear Big Andy Carroll,

Thank you for the guts, sweat and intelligence in today's performance. Thank you for the effort and the endeavor. Thank you for that wonderful goal to help us leave that god-forsaken shithole with a point. Thank you for silencing the Potter buckets of cunt! But most of all, thank you for keeping the hope alive.

You led by example, you showed great urgency and enthusiasm. You battled for every ball with every ounce of strength, and you showed Shola Ameobi and some of our poncy squad players what it means to get out there and give 100%.

You're a promising footballer with certain qualities that could make you a hero for thousands on Tyneside. From here on, the world is your oyster. First however, you need to keep working hard, keep your head down and your feet on the ground. Stay away from irresponsible behavior, clubs, booze, and cunts who pretend to be your mates now that you're getting some game time. Keep at it son, and you'll be our number 9 in no time.

Thanks again.

Sincerely yours,

One relieved motherfucker!

WTF?

:clap:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/85914111.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1937219EE721E785E4A93D2B1975B30E8C4E30A760B0D811297

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/85914135.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1937219EE721E785E4AB0EE18D7CFF06B18E30A760B0D811297

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/85913977.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1937219EE721E785E4AC23013F7810E9968E30A760B0D811297

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/85913987.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1937219EE721E785E4A8B39F47E4BB1DCDEE30A760B0D811297

yep, MOM just for the period he was on the pitch.

Spotlights even more the utter stupidity of giving that gangly hopeless piece of piss he replaced a new contract.

When is carroll going to get his own thread.

We're all kissing the ass of a reserve team player when we've a young lad already saving our asses in the premier league.

As said, 5 games 3 goals & 1 pen. Should have had another in that first game if you remember aswell.

Shows clear passion for us everytime he scores.

Guest Wally_McFool

Spotlights even more the utter stupidity of giving that gangly hopeless piece of piss he replaced a new contract.

Extremely apt description of Mr Ameobi, old bean!

Not only the goal, more effort and more headers won than Shola in 20 minutes - but he also managed to head away about 5 out of 6 corners whilst he was on the pitch (I think Harper punched the other).

Has to start next game, preferably with Martins.

Guest toonlass

Showed the "experienced" players and the "local" starter exactly what pride, passion, desire, determination, discipline and belief are. MOM by a country mile

Not only the goal, more effort and more headers won than Shola in 20 minutes - but he also managed to head away about 5 out of 6 corners whilst he was on the pitch (I think Harper punched the other).

Has to start next game, preferably with Martins.

Martins and Carroll is our best forward line tbh, and that's NOT a knee jerk. I've been calling out for those two to spearhead our attack for months now. Both can hold it up, and both can fight and finish.

Re: Carroll's clearances, there was a point when Duff and Jonas were pissing about with it in our area before Stoke got another chance to put a cross in. He made the block and booted the ball down-field just before the final whistle. To me, that shows someone who understands the situation and understands what needs to be done.

He's better to have on the pitch from a defensive point of view too - he chases and closes down more than Shola, and is better at marking at set pieces and giving the opposition players someone to worry about at our dead ball situations.

Whilst Shola lost his man every time, Carroll headed away almost every Stoke corner whilst he was on the field.

Well done, now keep it up. :thup:

i slagged him to high heaven after the man city performance and rightly so imo. but he's put a major shift in today and after seeing him in the reserves this week i'm disapointed with shearer that he didnt start with him.

where's that thread where everyone was writing him off for playing badly for 10 mins?

I don't know where it is, and I personally never want to see it again. The boy clearly has talent and is showing some application. Shearer must have the balls to reward him for this performance surely. But having said that, his bigger job is to keep his feet on the ground.

What a fucking header. The ball was a lazily lofted ball from Duff which actually deflected off a Stoke defender but this bad boy sure got his head on it.

Sir Less esque power from a header like that.

Big and knows how to stick it in the back of the net.

I don't care if he has 0 "footballer" skills, those two qualities alone make him important for us next year no matter what league we're in.

Ugh, if he's zero where do Smith and Ameobi stand? He's a far better team player than Owen even, at the moment.