Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United | Sun 19th Apr - White Hart Lane @ 1:30pm

Kaizero

Guest kingdawson

Dawson has actually been excellent when he's played this season tbh (actually been better then Woodgate). Still, i don't want him playing against Martins (if Martins actually plays).

Our team will probably be....

-----------------------------------Gomes-------------------------------

Corluka------------Woodgate-------------King--------------Ekotto

Lennon--------------Palacios------------JJ/Hudd------------Modric

-------------------------Keane-------------Pav------------------------

Subs: Cudicini, Dawson, Chimbonda, jj/hudd, Bale or zokora, Bentley, Bent

Edit: Forgot that Defoe is back for this game. He'll probably be on the bench too (probably sacrifice a defender for him).

You guys should totally start Bale.

Past performances mean nothing, we'll lose this one and 6 seasons of ridicule will come back to haunt us.

Past meetings don't mean nothing, but they certainly aren't everything.  I'm unsure about this game, we've definitely got a chance despite their good form.  But while they usually don't play well against us/we play well against them every run has to end eventually and 6 wins in a row against any team is already pretty extraordinary.

Incidentally I wonder what the record is in the Premiership for teams dominating other teams?

Dawson has actually been excellent when he's played this season tbh (actually been better then Woodgate). Still, i don't want him playing against Martins (if Martins actually plays).

He always saves his worst for us it seems. Got a great ovation from our lot at WHL last year when his name was read out... and fully lived up to billing :lol:

Guest getcarter

Past performances mean nothing, we'll lose this one and 6 seasons of ridicule will come back to haunt us.

Past meetings don't mean nothing, but they certainly aren't everything.  I'm unsure about this game, we've definitely got a chance despite their good form.  But while they usually don't play well against us/we play well against them every run has to end eventually and 6 wins in a row against any team is already pretty extraordinary.

Incidentally I wonder what the record is in the Premiership for teams dominating other teams?

They haven't conceded a league goal at home since Stoke's consolation goal on january 27th.

Still records are there to be broken.

They haven't conceded a league goal at home since Stoke's consolation goal on january 27th.

Still records are there to be broken.

about time they do then :)

we are desperate for points, they are safe, maybe we can snatch a victory :D

How long is Lövenkrands out for? Could do with him back for our 4-3-3

Harper

Beye Taylor Bassong Taylor

Guthrie Butt Jonas

Owen

Carroll          Lövenkrands

How long is Lövenkrands out for? Could do with him back for our 4-3-3

Harper

Beye Taylor Bassong Taylor

Guthrie Butt Jonas

Owen

Carroll           Lövenkrands

He has a virus infection or something, not a regular physical injury, so I'm not sure how long it's gonna put him out. I heard he'll be back in full training this week though.

i'd like to see this line up if depending on injuries.

Harper

Beye        Taylor        Bassong      Colo

Guthrie          Butt            Jonas

Carroll

Martins      Owen

And have Carroll  playing in the hole a bit like Cahill does for Everton, drifting in late for headers.

I don't really think Carroll would work in the hole. Just shove him up front and tell him to batter everyone and just stand in front of Gomes at corners.

this - should be our gameplan really, high balls into the box with carroll pressuring gomes for every one

Guest Geordie Boyo

Starting line-up

Harper

S. Taylor      Baye          Bassong

Guthrie        Butt             Duff

Carroll          Jonas

Martins               Owen

Subs:

Krul

R. Taylor

Edgar

Nolen

Lövenkrands

Ranger

Ameobi

S. Taylor at right-back with Baye playing in that role where he's given more responsibility alongside Bassong.

Jonas supporting Bassong and Duff to do their jobs with Guthrie able to get forward having S. Taylor in support.

Carroll playing off the front two knocking those headers on to Martins and Owen, to which they can feed Guthrie and Duff so all three Martins, Owen and Carrol can get in the box. I think Carroll must play as he's vital when it comes to set-pieces.

Butt in there to clear up without Nolen stepping on his toes.

Plenty of attack and strong in defence.

Starting line-up

Harper

Carroll          Jonas

If we play 3 at the back, we will get <Alan Pardew>-ed at White Hart Lane.

Starting line-up

Harper

Carroll          Jonas

If we play 3 at the back, we will get <Alan Pardew>-ed at White Hart Lane.

must say that's one of most bizarre line ups i've ever seen from geordie boyo, reads like a suicide note

----------------Harper----------------------

Beye---- Saylor----- Bassong---- Raylor

------------------Butt----------------------

-------Guthrie--------Nolan-------------

Jonas-------------------------------Duff

-----------------Carroll--------------------

All cross targeting Carroll, do it simple.