Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United | Sun 19th Apr - White Hart Lane @ 1:30pm

Kaizero

With all this talk about Ranger, how about the other youngsters, who should be the next on the bench beside Ranger?

Godsmark, Binman, Doninger, Baheng, Donaldson etc etc

Whats up with that Tozer guy, wasnt he playing some good games for the reserves?

playing well till he broke his leg a coulpe of weeks ago..

With all this talk about Ranger, how about the other youngsters, who should be the next on the bench beside Ranger?

Godsmark, Binman, Doninger, Baheng, Donaldson etc etc

Whats up with that Tozer guy, wasnt he playing some good games for the reserves?

playing well till he broke his leg a coulpe of weeks ago..

Kadar broke his leg, Tozer has a cartilage injury.

Ideally, with everyone fit I'd be going Jonas, Guthrie and Barton as the three in the middle. Think that'd be very good tbh.

Harper

Beye  Taylor  Bassong  Enrique

Guthrie

Barton _____ Jonas

Owen

Carroll ___ Martins

When everyone is fit.

Guest Albert Square

Spurs are nothing special, I think we will have a good go at them but I cant see both Harper and our defence stopping them from scoring, maybe if Shay Given was still here we would nick something. I think it will be 2-0 to Spurs.

Ideally, with everyone fit I'd be going Jonas, Guthrie and Barton as the three in the middle. Think that'd be very good tbh.

Harper

Guthrie

Barton _____ Jonas

Owen

Carroll ___ Martins

When everyone is fit.

You spelt Viduka wrong. ;)

Harper

Guthrie

Barton _____ Jonas

Owen

Carroll ___ Martins

When everyone is fit.

You spelt Viduka wrong. ;)

I was speaking realistically.

Harper

Beye  Taylor  Bassong    Enrique

Butt

Jonas                              Duff

Owen

Carroll                  Martins

--------------------------------------------

Assuming Enrique, Taylor and Martins are fit I reckon we could get the three points. I'm well fired up for this game, cannot wait!

Also, I don't like the criticism of Nicky Butt. I think he is the best player we have for that role infront of the defence.

Jonas showed his obvious class with some brilliant through balls against Stoke, if he doesn't start I'm going to cry. Likewise, if Ryan Taylor starts I'm going to cry, possibly more.

Duff has been great in the last few games imo. The least you can say is he has worked fucking hard and been a nuisance for the other team.

-------------- Harper

Faylor -- Beye -- Bassong -- Enrique

------Guthrie -- Butt -- Jonas

-------------- Owen

------ Carroll ----- Martins

Is what I'd go for.

If Enrique is out then shove Beye at RB, Faylor at LB and either Colo or Edgar at CB.

I'd actually be tempted to start Duff instead of Martins too. Aside from the dodgy business last Saturday, Oba's been a disaster the last while and I've thought for a long time Duff's best spot is up front, making a nuisance of himself and working the channels playing off a big man.

He's still not very good like, but we desperately need a bit of mobility up top and that's one thing he has. Would give Owen some space to work in coming from deep too.

That'd be my XI, too.

Same; aside from Faylor - asking for trouble playing him. The guy's wank. I thought Edgar was decent against Stoke tbh - i wouldn't be against having him in the side again; he's played not-terrible on a couple of occassions at centre-back when we've got a bit of confidence to us. Habib at right-back. :thup:

Harper

Beye Edgar Bassong Taylor

Jonas Guthrie Nolan Duff

Owen Carroll

We have ALWAYS been worse than Spurs.

We have ALWAYS had no right whatsoever to beat them.

But we always do. I refuse to be pessimistic.

2-1 win

Harper

Jonas Guthrie Nolan Duff

Owen Carroll

2-1 win

butt for nolan and jonas to play on whichever side lennon does.

Harper

Jonas Guthrie Nolan Duff

Owen Carroll

2-1 win

We've always been worse than Spurs? Have a word with yourself.

Given, Carr, Ramage, Moore, Elliott, Solano, Bowyer, Emre, N'Zogbia, Shearer, Ameobi: 3-1 win

Given, Solano, Huntington, Taylor, Ramage, Parker, Butt, Emre, Milner, Martins, Dyer: 3-1 win

Given, Ramage, Taylor, Huntington, Pattison, Solano, Butt, Milner, Dyer, Martins, Sibierski: 3-2 win

Given, Beye, Faye, Cacapa, Jose Enrique, Geremi, Butt, Emre, N'Zogbia, Martins, Owen: 3-1 win

Harper, Beye, Taylor, Faye, Jose Enrique, Barton, Butt, Geremi, Owen, Viduka, Martins: 4-1 win

Given, Beye, Bassong, Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Gutierrez, Guthrie, Butt, N'Zogbia, Ameobi, Owen: 2-1 win

Aside from the 4-3-3 under Keegan (and perhaps even that), those are some pretty bloody horrific teams.

We've always been underdogs against Spurs. No need to start slitting your wrists already.

Given, Carr, Ramage, Moore, Elliott, Solano, Bowyer, Emre, N'Zogbia, Shearer, Ameobi: 3-1 win

Given, Solano, Huntington, Taylor, Ramage, Parker, Butt, Emre, Milner, Martins, Dyer: 3-1 win

Given, Ramage, Taylor, Huntington, Pattison, Solano, Butt, Milner, Dyer, Martins, Sibierski: 3-2 win

Given, Beye, Faye, Cacapa, Jose Enrique, Geremi, Butt, Emre, N'Zogbia, Martins, Owen: 3-1 win

Harper, Beye, Taylor, Faye, Jose Enrique, Barton, Butt, Geremi, Owen, Viduka, Martins: 4-1 win

Given, Beye, Bassong, Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Gutierrez, Guthrie, Butt, N'Zogbia, Ameobi, Owen: 2-1 win

Aside from the 4-3-3 under Keegan (and perhaps even that), those are some pretty bloody horrific teams.

We've always been underdogs against Spurs. No need to start slitting your wrists already.

4 of those 6 games were at St. James' Park and to say we have always been underdogs is utter bollocks.

Football also goes back more than 3 years.

4 of those 6 games were at St. James' Park and to say we have always been underdogs is utter bollocks.

"always" as in "during our six-match winning streak." Sorry if that confused you.

The first three of those wins came when Spurs finished fifth. I doubt anyone expected us to win for the other three either. It's fair to say that we were pretty big underdogs for all six.

Harper

S.Taylor - Beye - Edgar - Bassong

Guthrie - Butt - Jonas

Owen

Carroll - Martins

S.Taylor and Beye can obviously swap positions but I'd like to see them line-up like that from the start. Beye hasn't done a bad job at centre back and Taylor was proabably our best player before his injury playing at right back.

If Taylor's still injured, I'd shift Beye to right back with Coloccini playing in central defence. If Martins isn't available for whatever reason and Lovenkrands is fit, it'd be a straight swap between those two.

"always" as in "during our six-match winning streak." Sorry if that confused you.

The first three of those wins came when Spurs finished fifth. I doubt anyone expected us to win for the other three either. It's fair to say that we were pretty big underdogs for all six.

Bollocks, utter bollocks.

Apparently that makes whatever you say true. :lol:

Harper

Jonas Guthrie Nolan Duff

Owen Carroll

2-1 win

I just ignored this because I thought it was sarcasm.

Oh dear..

Harper

R Taylor   Beye   Bassong   Enrique

Guthrie    Butt     Jonas

Owen

Martins

Carroll

Full backs will have to push on a lot but we will have fight in midfield, hopefully Guthrie can pull out his odd excellent pass he manages now and again and Martins gets a bit of confidence early.

As much as Owen gets stick and often deserves it he is better playing a bit deeper because he is still a very tidy player and can be quite clever. "The Big AC" will have to keep the form he showed against Stoke going but he could help Owen and Martins out a lot aswell as provided a goal threat himself especially at set pieces.

Beye and Bassong are the most confident centre back pairing I can think of in a long time, both cool and calm as fuck (even is Bassong does have his dangerous moments) we will need Jose (if fit) on his defensive game and Ryan Taylor is a gamble but I am not sold on Edgar and at least Taylor has his long throws and the ability (at times) to put a dangerous ball in.

We will be pretty fucked bench wise for bringing on players who can change a game though. Is Geremi fit, I honestly cant remember. He could be dangerous in terms of the majority of spurs players being fucked so his lack of pace isn't that much of a negative and his ability to find Owen.

Apparently that makes whatever you say true. :lol:

I'm lost for words with you I really am, to think we were underdogs for those 6 games shows that you know nothing about football.