Great things about Newcastle United Football Club

Dave

Dave are you Bi-Polar? You were fuckin suicidal yesterday.

Fuck it man. We're shit but we're still the best club in the world for all of us* who use this forum. Plus it's about time we had something good to think about and remember.

*Apart from the Spurs/Villa/Everton/Stoke/etc gimps.

Guest firetotheworks

OK, I'll join in.

The things we find normal, are extraordinary to some other fans/other people. i.e everything meaning so much to us, people wearing Newcastle shirts even when not at a match.

The cliche's that are cliche's because theyre true: Our loyalty depite not winning anything forever, our massive preference for attractive football, our love of a focal point for our love in a number 9

its never boring. as bad as it is most times, i'd still rather support us than some normal, average team like bolton or fulham.

True like. We're literally always half a season away from a farce.

:nods: Best british soap opera there is  :laugh:

I tend to class it as Live Theatre & everyfucker is just ad-libing.

I love our black and white stripes! We're not a shitty plain red or plain blue or plain white.....we're black AND white. STRIPES. When people think of famous strips, we're always one of the first ones to spring to mind. Newcastle United- the famous black and white stripes.

I love the way that we've gone 40 years without any trophy and 54 years without a domestic trophy yet we're more successful than all but 6/7 English clubs.

I love the fact that we've won more top division titles than money-bags Chelsea

I love the raw, obsessive passion from our fans. We may have some mongs amongst the ranks, but we have special fans. A special passion for footy.

I LOVE St.James' Park! It is quite easily the best stadium in the world, and, when the atmosphere is what it can be, it is probably the best place in the world to be in. Serious.

I love the way everyone's obsessed with us. Whether we're playing good or bad, no one can stop talking about us- especially the mackems.

I love the way we have inferior rivals in Sunderland. They are inferior people, an inferior city, and an inferior football club.

I love Alan Shearer. Always have and always will.

I just fucking love Newcastle United Football Club, and I ALWAYS will.

:smitten:

Guest firetotheworks

Alan Shearer is our manager and he knows what it means. Sunderland have only recently scored more Premier League goals than he did on his own.

Ha ha, I didnt realise that!

Great stuff!

Yep

Sunderland:  279

Shearer:       260

Honestly man, any excuse for me to get that stat out. I fucking love it.

Since I've started liking football (granted, it was only 5 or 6 years ago), I've never experienced a Newcastle in the 'good times' (we've had spells of decent form, but nothing concrete as of yet).

If it was any other football club in the world, I'd have given up by now. But since it's Newcastle, there's always a little part of me on a matchday that thinks the resurgance is just around the corner.

It's a special club, and although times are tough and we're absolute dogshit, I wouldn't change my support of this club for the world.

Alan Shearer is our manager and he knows what it means. Sunderland have only recently scored more Premier League goals than he did on his own.

Ha ha, I didnt realise that!

Great stuff!

Yep

Sunderland:  279

Shearer:       260

Honestly man, any excuse for me to get that stat out. I fucking love it.

:laugh:

Such a quality statistic.

Were like your average Afgani we think peace is coming soon, you see off Russia/Mckeag, then comes the double act of Taliban & AL Qaedal/Hall & Shepherd, you see them off & along comes hope in the Yanks/Ashley.....

As shit as the club has always been from my perspective, I'm still glad that I chose Newcastle as my team. Without the day in day out hysteria and ridiculous developments, I probably would have gotten bored with the sport.

Since I've started liking football (granted, it was only 5 or 6 years ago), I've never experienced a Newcastle in the 'good times' (we've had spells of decent form, but nothing concrete as of yet).

If it was any other football club in the world, I'd have given up by now. But since it's Newcastle, there's always a little part of me on a matchday that thinks the resurgance is just around the corner.

It's a special club, and although times are tough and we're absolute dogshit, I wouldn't change my support of this club for the world.

When our time comes around again, like the Keegan years, you will find out how fantastic a club it is to be invovled in and you will realise why you stuck around during dark days like these.

I just cant imagine what the place would be like if we actually won something. Fuck me.

Guest firetotheworks

Thats it in a nutshell, when its good theres always the chance something shit is around the corner, but vice versa. You could really use NUFC as an analogy for both enjoying the moment and keeping faith.

When our time comes around again, like the Keegan years, you will find out how fantastic a club it is to be invovled in and you will realise why you stuck around during dark days like these.

I just cant imagine what the place would be like if we actually won something. f*** me.

I think about this a lot.

I just cant imagine what the place would be like if we actually won something. Fuck me.

The celebration of Carroll's goal got me thinking about what it would be like to celebrate a late cup final winner or something along those lines. I remember the chaos of Rob Lee at Wembley and that was only an equaliser. It would be absolute ecstatic pandemonium. Fucking hell, I hope I see it.

The celebration of Carroll's goal got me thinking about what it would be like to celebrate a late cup final winner or something along those lines. I remember the chaos of Rob Lee at Wembley and that was only an equaliser. It would be absolute ecstatic pandemonium. Fucking hell, I hope I see it.

Ironically, the closest I have come to that kind of celebration was David Kelly's late winner against Portsmouth 1992. God knows that had nowt to do with winning a cup. Brought to tears with that goal.

I just cant imagine what the place would be like if we actually won something. f*** me.

The celebration of Carroll's goal got me thinking about what it would be like to celebrate a late cup final winner or something along those lines. I remember the chaos of Rob Lee at Wembley and that was only an equaliser. It would be absolute ecstatic pandemonium. f***ing hell, I hope I see it.

Just imagine. Wembley, FA Cup final. Newcastle vs Chelsea. 0-0 with a minute to go. We lump it up the pitch. It's brought down on the wing and crossed perfectly into the box. Andy Carroll raises above the waiting crowd and cracks into the net with his head. The stadium and the city would simply erupt. I think we'd be celebrating for the next 50 years :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

The celebration of Carroll's goal got me thinking about what it would be like to celebrate a late cup final winner or something along those lines. I remember the chaos of Rob Lee at Wembley and that was only an equaliser. It would be absolute ecstatic pandemonium. f***ing hell, I hope I see it.

Just imagine. Wembley, FA Cup final. Newcastle vs Chelsea. 0-0 with a minute to go. We lump it up the pitch. It's brought down on the wing and crossed perfectly into the box. Andy Carroll raises above the waiting crowd and cracks into the net with his head. The stadium and the city would simply erupt. I think we'd be celebrating for the next 50 years :lol:

I reckon I'd actually be sick with happiness. I was pretty close to bubbling when that goal went in yesterday.

I know lots of our fans have seen miles worse than I have, but that above is the kind of thing that keeps all of us going. One day it will happen, and it'll be absolutely amazing.

some clubs are unique in the atmosphere that surrounds them, an atmosphere that goes beyond the football itself, athletic bilbao,st pauli, not particularly succesful but unique. newcastle united is like this.