Great things about Newcastle United Football Club

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

some clubs are unique in the atmosphere that surrounds them, an atmosphere that goes beyond the football itself, athletic bilbao,st pauli, not particularly succesful but unique. newcastle united is like this.

Aye. Shalke too I reckon

Those celebrations when Lee equalised at Wembley...I was right behind the goal, RIGHT at the top as well so the noise was kept in the ground, must have been about 10 yrs old as well, incredible for those few minutes before Poyet scored again  :no:

I honestly dont think the world has seen anything like what would happen if we won something eventually.  There would be parties across the region for like 2 weeks.  It'd be chaos but in a good way.

I honestly cant think of any one thing that i can name as great, as even when we are utter horse shit, i still love this team, club, stadium, atmosphere, fans, city, culture and tradition.  

Its something very unique to find within a city and hopefully we will eventually win something.  Sometime.

The memories of certain goals will just not fade

Dabizas at SoL

Lee at Wembley

Bellamy in CL

the 5-0

The 2 semis at Old Trafford, particularly Shearer's screamer

3-1 at Highbury to break the London hoodoo

Nobby in injury time for 4-3 at Elland Road a few days after

The 3 goals in 7 minutes in the 4-1 at SoL, Shearer's pen especially

Shearer at San Siro, twice

Jenas's goal vs Man Utd, albeit for about 10 minutes before they tore us apart

Great times  :smitten:

I honestly dont think the world has seen anything like what would happen if we won something eventually.  There would be parties across the region for like 2 weeks.  It'd be chaos but in a good way.

I honestly cant think of any one thing that i can name as great, as even when we are utter horse s***, i still love this team, club, stadium, atmosphere, fans, city, culture and tradition.  

Its something very unique to find within a city and hopefully we will eventually win something.  Sometime.

It was such a great time when they came home from Hungary with the Fairs Cup  -  I was given the responsibilty of taking the photos at the Airport and at SJP, but as a young lad and no-one in my family had a camera, I had never used a camera in my life.  I was 'clicking away all day' with my best mates Dads camera . . . and there was no bl**dy film in it!

Still, a great day and a great few weeks!!!

No doubt if we ended our trophy drought in the next few years, or under Shearer, or whenever we do, we'll no doubt hit top of the headlines yet again.

Unrivalled SSN coverage, the trophy homecoming beamed live across the world, splashing across all the back papers "50 YEAR DROUGHT FINALLY OVER". And people say we're not a big club. Then stop f***ing talking about us.

No doubt if we ended our trophy drought in the next few years, or under Shearer, or whenever we do, we'll no doubt hit top of the headlines yet again.

Unrivalled SSN coverage, the trophy homecoming beamed live across the world, splashing across all the back papers "50 YEAR DROUGHT FINALLY OVER". And people say we're not a big club. Then stop f***ing talking about us.

Why 50 years??

Guest Heneage

Bellamy in Rotterdam.

Playing Man United off the park that rainy Sunday on Tyneside.

Roberts freekick that left Barthez no chance.

Oba's goal at Spurs

Oba's second goal at White Hart Lane

3-2 At Spurs with Huntington and Pattison playing

The night we tore Olympiakos apart away from home

But, my one stand out memory that will go with me to the grave, and always gets the hairs on my neck.

Finishing Uni at 1, getting the train on my own at 3 down to Birmingham for 6;45 meeting Marko 1892 of here in Brum and heading to St Andrews to watch us play s shite first half. As Owen poked it home, stood with thousands of like minded souls even though we were near relegation and only drawing singing "E,I,E,I,E,I O Up the premier league we go."

Finishing Uni at 1, getting the train on my own at 3 down to Birmingham for 6;45 meeting Marko 1892 of here in Brum and heading to St Andrews to watch us play s shite first half. As Owen poked it home, stood with thousands of like minded souls even though we were near relegation and only drawing singing "E,I,E,I,E,I O Up the premier league we go."

I loved that fucking song. :weep:

Guest toonlass

We are a small club and yet everyone cannot stop talking about us.

We have a mint club badge

We have the best striker in premiership history

We have the best inner city stadium

Our fans on their day are second to none

If we were on the telly 5 nights a week we would get more viewers than Eastenders

You can go to obscure holiday destinations and all the locals recognise the shirt and say "Why aye man" to you

Guest Heneage

Finishing Uni at 1, getting the train on my own at 3 down to Birmingham for 6;45 meeting Marko 1892 of here in Brum and heading to St Andrews to watch us play s s**** first half. As Owen poked it home, stood with thousands of like minded souls even though we were near relegation and only drawing singing "E,I,E,I,E,I O Up the premier league we go."

I loved that f***ing song. :weep:

Will you fuck off following me man Dave!?! ;D

But aye best song I've heard in my 13 years of attending games. It felt like the only one that the ground sang univerisally it felt like a War cry, like when the Mackems sang cheer up Kevin Keegan, to which 50,000 roared back that song, it was truly immense, and I've never had a feeling like it.

If we were on the telly 5 nights a week we would get more viewers than Eastenders

You can go to obscure holiday destinations and all the locals recognise the shirt and say "Why aye man" to you

I'm not certain what actually makes a "Big Club" (let's not get into that again) but in my lifetime we have always been that.

One thing we have never been (and physically simply could not ever be) is the term that you have used to describe us (as a 'small club').

Guest toonlass

I'm not certain what actually makes a "Big Club" (let's not get into that again) but in my lifetime we have always been that.

One thing we have never been (and physically simply could not ever be) is the term that you have used to describe us (as a 'small club').

I was being sarcastic tbh, we are such a "small club" that people in Portsmouth feel the need to phone national radio phone ins about us, mackems and smoggies cannot stop talking about us, we knock world politics off the front pages of newspapers.

I was being sarcastic tbh, we are such a "small club" that people in Portsmouth feel the need to phone national radio phone ins about us, mackems and smoggies cannot stop talking about us, we knock world politics off the front pages of newspapers.

Yes, it's amazing how we do that.  Just last week when Shearer was appointed we knocked all sorts of 'big non-sports news' off some front pages, and ALL the major sports headlines off the back pages.

Amazing.

All we need to do now is win a few matches !!!!!

in truth it comes down to this.................................

the reaction of others when they find out which team you follow.

From when I was living in England to now living in Ireland its always been the same "Newcastle?! Why do you support them?". Well you know what, fuck all those gloryhunting cunts, I'm a Newcastle United fan and I'm fucking proud of it!!!!!  :smitten:

Bellamy in Rotterdam.

Playing Man United off the park that rainy Sunday on Tyneside.

Roberts freekick that left Barthez no chance.

Oba's goal at Spurs

Oba's second goal at White Hart Lane

3-2 At Spurs with Huntington and Pattison playing

The night we tore Olympiakos apart away from home

But, my one stand out memory that will go with me to the grave, and always gets the hairs on my neck.

Finishing Uni at 1, getting the train on my own at 3 down to Birmingham for 6;45 meeting Marko 1892 of here in Brum and heading to St Andrews to watch us play s s**** first half. As Owen poked it home, stood with thousands of like minded souls even though we were near relegation and only drawing singing "E,I,E,I,E,I O Up the premier league we go."

I finished school at 3.40 when my Dad picked me up and must have broken the speed limit over 600 times on the way to Birmingham, we got there 10 minutes in to the game. That cunt James McFadden was tearing us apart and i was thinking 'Oh fuck, its gonna be another one of these' (We'd previously lost something like 7 on the trot). In the 2nd half infront of 2000 odd Geordies, Michael Owen missed numerous piss easy chances but he did finally poke one in, cue absolutley mental celebrations. My shirt got slightly ripped but i wasn't too bothered.

Guest diddimz

Knowing that we will never win another trophy, because the world just isn't ready to deal with party that would follow.

There is no other emotional rollercoaster like it, I've never found anything that gives the same dizzying highs or depressive lows as this club.

The fact that after our manager left, our owner put us up for sale, we had no manager, we had a manager that was worse then no manager, we had a manager that was worse then no manager have a heart attack getting us back to not having a manager, our owner takes us off the the market, we sell our best player, and a talented youngster, replace them with average at best. we are still only 2 points off the scum.

We have Shearer back.

We have the coolest icons on any message board! :kinnear: :dowie: