Great things about Newcastle United Football Club

Dave

How the whole culture surrounding the club and the city can make people absolutely fall in love with the place. I'm talking about a lot of ex-players who aren't from the area who just fell in love with the club, the city and the people.

Guest Magpie007

I've had a few drinks and I'm feeling sentimental. Sure, we're totally s*** and we're probably gonna go down, but it's about time we had a thread commemorating the things about our club that are just f***ing special.

St James' Park is the best stadium in the world. i do not think so

Our away fans are f***ing brilliant.

Celebrating an important goal at an away game is the best feeling ever.

Our badge is quality.

Alan Shearer is our manager and he knows what it means. Sunderland have only recently scored more Premier League goals than he did on his own.

Sir Bobby Robson is a f***ing legend.

Habib Beye is sexy enough to turn a man. lol you maybe

How the whole culture surrounding the club and the city can make people absolutely fall in love with the place. I'm talking about a lot of ex-players who aren't from the area who just fell in love with the club, the city and the people.

Yep. The fact someone who's lived in Lyon & Paris and yet decided to settle in Newcastle and set up a business speaks volumes.

Yep. The fact someone who's lived in Lyon & Paris and yet decided to settle in Newcastle and set up a business speaks volumes.

Who's that?

Since I've started liking football (granted, it was only 5 or 6 years ago), I've never experienced a Newcastle in the 'good times' (we've had spells of decent form, but nothing concrete as of yet).

If it was any other football club in the world, I'd have given up by now. But since it's Newcastle, there's always a little part of me on a matchday that thinks the resurgance is just around the corner.

It's a special club, and although times are tough and we're absolute dogshit, I wouldn't change my support of this club for the world.

When our time comes around again, like the Keegan years, you will find out how fantastic a club it is to be invovled in and you will realise why you stuck around during dark days like these.

I just cant imagine what the place would be like if we actually won something. f*** me.

The celebration of Carroll's goal got me thinking about what it would be like to celebrate a late cup final winner or something along those lines. I remember the chaos of Rob Lee at Wembley and that was only an equaliser. It would be absolute ecstatic pandemonium. f***ing hell, I hope I see it.

I know.  I'm sure the joy we'd get at one FA cup win would completely obliterate the feeling ManU or Liverpool fans ever get from their countless cups.

Who's that?

Bernard.

Who's that?

Bernard.

Ah, what's his business?

Who's that?

Bernard.

Ah, what's his business?

He owns a crêpes shop on Grey Street I think it is.

Guest foreverer

That where i live its all surrounded by gloryhunters, and when i say what team i support they all look with an really weird face :kasper:. Oh and that we are having an absolute nightmare of a season, but still the mackems have got only 2 points more than us.

Finishing Uni at 1, getting the train on my own at 3 down to Birmingham for 6;45 meeting Marko 1892 of here in Brum and heading to St Andrews to watch us play s s**** first half. As Owen poked it home, stood with thousands of like minded souls even though we were near relegation and only drawing singing "E,I,E,I,E,I O Up the premier league we go."

I loved that f***ing song. :weep:

You can stop your tears now Dave, the song has been recycled, for Keegan see Shearer.

People were singing it in the streets before the Chelsea match.  :thup:

The way 2000+ NUFC fans sang along to The Killers impromptu at half time at Wigan.

Also, anyone else remember Anfield about 5 years ago or so?  We were 2 or 3 down at half time and then Status Quo came on the tannoy and the whole away end was 'Rockin all over the world'.

Class!

Finishing Uni at 1, getting the train on my own at 3 down to Birmingham for 6;45 meeting Marko 1892 of here in Brum and heading to St Andrews to watch us play s s**** first half. As Owen poked it home, stood with thousands of like minded souls even though we were near relegation and only drawing singing "E,I,E,I,E,I O Up the premier league we go."

I loved that f***ing song. :weep:

You can stop your tears now Dave, the song has been recycled, for Keegan see Shearer.

People were singing it in the streets before the Chelsea match.  :thup:

Aye, always loved this song. Heard it a bit at the Chelsea game. Thought it was gonna be sung at Stoke too.