Great things about Newcastle United Football Club

Dave

I remember the feeling the last time we went down. Obviously I was gutted however when those initial feelings had gone, I was very excited at the thought that we would win on a regular basis again, in the lower division. I had got fed up of being beat, week in and week out.

Obviously relegation will be disasterous for us when it happens, what's important though is for the club and the fans to not dwell on it for too long and get on with planning for hopefully coming back up at the first time of asking (which correct me if I'm wrong would be the first time we've done that in our history). Of course there should be an inquest into what went wrong this season, but my hope will be that that is completed quick and decesive action is taken to ensure we hit the ground running in planning for the fizzy pop league.

:thup:

Guest firetotheworks

Thats what Im looking forward to, that point where I can look forward without being bogged down with which league Im looking at.

• 1 year later...

And the random thread bump of the year award goes to........................................

Nah there was a foreign guy a few weeks ago who for his first ever post bumped some insanely random thread! :lol:

And the random thread bump of the year award goes to........................................

Nah there was a foreign guy a few weeks ago who for his first ever post bumped some insanely random thread! :lol:

Really. Link?? I gots to see me that shit. Them foreigners are crazy.

Toon for promotion 2010. :indi:

We could win a trophy...The Championship.

Good predictions  :thup:

Or sneaky edits. Probably said we'd go straight through the leagues. Dave blatantly knows how to hide an edit.

Norman Wisdom at game when we had the old wooden/tin stand

Tino against Barca

Fairs Cup final

Only team to qualify for knockout stages of European Cup following a dogs breakfast of the league part

Joe Harvey bringing Malcolm

Mirandinha first Brazilian in England

We will be overjoyed and not invade the pitch like small clubs do. Drink like we've never drunk before and then go home and back to thïs forum to threads like "Alan Shearer - Your a God" and "How will Kaz do in the Prem" - after winning player of the season.

:facepalm:

and "how will Kaz do in league 1?" is a bit more apt? not saying i could do better, but these are funny with hindsight like...

Norman Wisdom at game when we had the old wooden/tin stand

Tino against Barca

Fairs Cup final

Only team to qualify for knockout stages of European Cup following a dogs breakfast of the league part

Joe Harvey bringing Malcolm

Mirandinha first Brazilian in England

Yes, all of those, remember them well - but what about Shearer in July 96 ? Shocked most of the football world, esp those smug Mancs...!

Guest johnson293

Yes, all of those, remember them well - but what about Shearer in July 96 ? Shocked most of the football world, esp those smug Mancs...!

Aye, that was quite special at the time... not just the fact he'd turned down a move to Man Utd again, but we'd signed the best forward in the country, and paid a World Record transfer fee (at the time obviously), not just a British Transfer Record.  :crazy2:

It was just crazy.... but great!!!  :cheesy:  :celb:

• 3 years later...

With a lot of people at their all time low with this club, it's time to remind ourselves why we bother. There's a desperate need for some positivity now more than ever so keep filling this thread with pictures, quotes, memories and stories about why you love this club.

"Don't ever give up on your club, keep supporting it, it's your club and trust me one day you will get your club back and it will be everything you wanted it to be, Newcastle United is bigger than anyone. It hurts I know, but just keep going, he is only one man, we are a city, a whole population. Trust me."

If we can't trust him, who can we trust?  :smitten:

St James' Park is the best stadium in the world. Covered in disgusting shite.

Our away fans are fucking brilliant. No longer permitted to voice their opinion.

Celebrating an important goal at an away game is the best feeling ever. Ultimately meaningless.

Our badge is quality. Stickers are shit.

Alan Shearer is our manager and he knows what it means. Sunderland have only recently scored more Premier League goals than he did on his own. Ahem.

Sir Bobby Robson is a fucking legend. The tosser in charge actually thinks he has the right to mention him.

Habib Beye is sexy enough to turn a man. Aye.

its never boring. as bad as it is most times, i'd still rather support us than some normal, average team like bolton or fulham.

There are fucking loads of nothing clubs in the Premier League. We're not one of them.

Ah well.