Delap's Long Throws...

Steggy

According to The Times, he wasted 10 minutes and 14 seconds of the game against us. In total he took 25 throw ins and each one took an average time of 24.6 seconds.

It was a mixture of slowly jogging to the location of the throw, drying the ball with his shirt and waiting for the Stoke centre backs to get into the box (who also took their time).

Fucking hell though, 10 minutes?  :kasper:

Shearer brought up that point at the end of the game. Goes to show that time wasting is huge and they are nowhere near compensating for it with injury time. Can't remember how many mins he added on at half time, but it was less than 5 mins, he added 5 mins at full time. So that's LESS than the time wasted by delap, not to mention all the other injuries, subs etc that went on in the game.

he did do both, saw it on the tele.

Shearer even made a comment about it, which made me laugh. It was a joke, those throw-ins, they make me sick. Thats what football has come to? Throw-ins that take 25 seconds? I blame it all on Big Sam, even if he wasn't the originator of these tactics that totally kill the sport.

Guest Stephen927

The only long throw that mattered on the day was Ryan Taylor's in the build up to our equaliser.

10 minutes well and truly wasted by Delap.

Guest Heneage

Between Delaps throws and Harpers goalkicks there was apparently only 14 minutes of play.

:lol:

I love Harper gesturing to get up and taking an age to take Goal kicks, his distribution is slower than the Pony Express.

ive wondered all season why people have not jumped onto this, if managers and players had pressed the ref about the time he takes Stoke would have been down at xmas

He didn't dry it on his shirt.

The ballboys have towels for him

Is that allowed, like?

I'm sure there was some controversy recently about a club (I want to say Watford) where the ballboys were giving towels to the home side to dry the ball, but refusing to give them to their opponents because that's what they'd been instructed to do.

EDIT: Aye, it was Watford, with Warnock complaining about it

http://img.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article73225.ece

Samer search also brought up Phil Brown taking issue with only Stoke players being allowed the towels at the Brittania, as well as the amount of time Delap took for the throws

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/3537017/Hull-City-manager-Phil-Brown-loses-his-rag-over-Stoke-Citys-towel-trickery-Football.html

I f'ng hate Stoke. That club annoys me. Their long throws. Beattie crying with the blood in his face when it looked clear to me Bassong did F all.  Fuller is a fat lard-arse. They were climbing on backs all match for headers.

You know what to expect before you go there really - we fought hard and showed plenty passion. It's a shame we didn't have more quality on the day because we would have beaten them.

We should also contact Stoke to ask for a partial refund as we didn't see a full game,  i know we did but think it would be funny if the postman delivers a 1000 letters all asking for a refund!