A levels to hard

Guest kiwi

A level physics is too hard.

Interesting new report on A levels shows students opting out of A level physics and Maths. on the other hand 50 000 took A level psychology.

Any of you youngsters want to shed light. In my day you took maths to O level as there was no choice - after that up to the individual.

Comment on current trends?

Too Hard!!

FFS  - its called education, hard work, memory................. 

just bugger off and do meeja studies and don't bother the intellectual elite please.................

To be fair it can't be easy juggling 4 lectures a week when you have to struggle having no money and going out on the p*ss 5 nights out of 7!

Poor students  bluecry.gif

I managed Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Computer Science (school topper) and English in my final two years.

In fact I'm in college now and still doing maths, got 40 last semester. Exactly the passing marks  :cool:

I'm gonna be an engineering graduate FYI. 1/4 complete :)

Students too LAZY.

Quoted for the truth.

to rite.

Corrected for even more truth.  :winking:

And A-Levels hard?  I take it you're not going to go to Uni then?

Doing my AS Levels at the minute.

Doing Media Studies ( :oops:), Politics, English Literature and History.

I'd say the reason for a lot of people not doing Maths and Physics is compared to other subjects they are a lot harder and not that many uni courses require them. So what's the piont of doing Maths when you could do the much easier Media and end up on the same course at Uni.

Hot lass on the train the other day studying maths at York Uni, reason enough to give it a crack  :thup:

I was going to say summit about the lasses at our uni there, but since one of them reads this board....

ahem.

All the lasses on our (sport) course at Sunderland are stunning  :roll:

:lol:

:lol:

I hope you made that last one on purpose.

LOL I've just realised.  EDIT EDIT EDIT QUICK!

It's still their.

That's a clue.

Didn't realise we were being picky.  Fucking hell, how i got 2 gcse's in English is beyond me.

its not the difficulty of the work, its how much work there is in all honesty. To do all the homework they obviously expect someone in their teens to have absolutely no life...

so i prioritise the work and dot he most important stff first for the scariest teachers :lol: the push over teachers dont often get the unimportant work...:?

i fucked off with school and went to college to do a btec national diploma in sport up at Buxton. Chilly place tbh.  Plus it sounded a hell of a lot easier to do than 6th form from what i heard from my mates.

i did;

biology, chemistry, english literature, geography and psychology...

ended up getting about 5 essays a week and not getting any done to a satisfactory standard, so i dropped psychology and switched from history to geography and it has god a bit easier since then.