Hillsborough

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

Without the finger pointing, without the politics, without the blame. Just remember this:

96 went to a football match 20 years ago today and never returned. May they rest in peace.

Guest palnese

The Letters from the Heart section on the Liverpool website is impossible to read, heartbreaking. :(

I agree. Only managed a couple of letters. Truly heartbreaking.

RIP

Anyone watch the service?

Any chance to have a dig at people standing. Telling people not to stand at matches in memory of the 96. Then he gets everyone to stand to join in with their song they've produced.

What a load of fucking shite.

RIP to the 96.

Guest neesy111

Any chance to have a dig at people standing. Telling people not to stand at matches in memory of the 96. Then he gets everyone to stand to join in with their song they've produced.

What a load of fucking shite.

RIP to the 96.

yeah, not having a go, but some short-sighted views by that spokesman

What a load of f***ing s****.

RIP to the 96.

yeah, not having a go, but some short-sighted views by that spokesman

True. Didn't think it was the place to say that stuff.

I saw bits of the ceremony and that it was a great tribute. Well done LFC and their fans.

I read about 3 of those letters on the Liverpool website but if I'd read anymore I probably would've cried.....very touching letters.

I saw bits of the ceremony and that it was a great tribute. Well done LFC and their fans.

I read about 3 of those letters on the Liverpool website but if I'd read anymore I probably would've cried.....very touching letters.

I cant bring myself to read them - I hope that doesnt appear disrespectful.

Its just so tragic.

I have never once gone to a football match, thinking that I might not come back. I cant get my head around what it must have been like for freinds and family members

I cant bring myself to read them - I hope that doesnt appear disrespectful.

Its just so tragic.

I have never once gone to a football match, thinking that I might not come back. I cant get my head around what it must have been like for freinds and family members

Course not, more than understandable.

I too have never thought I might not come back from a match and only recently have I had that thought....I just cant imagine it, its unthinkable.

To think that 96 people had to die for British football too wake up and change. Terrible.

Not sure I even made it through three without welling up. Watching the footage this week has been quite surreal for me because Dave and I went right past Hillsborough twenty minutes before Sheff Wed's kick off on Saturday on the way to Stoke (first time I've seen it) and from the outside, it's never changed one bit.

Whatever you think of LFC or the factors that caused the event, as a football fan, for 96 people to go to a game and not come home is one of the most tragic things I can imagine and just thinking about it makes me want to cry.

Not sure I even made it through three without welling up. Watching the footage this week has been quite surreal for me because Dave and I went right past Hillsborough twenty minutes before Sheff Wed's kick off on Saturday on the way to Stoke (first time I've seen it) and from the outside, it's never changed one bit.

Whatever you think of LFC or the factors that caused the event, as a football fan, for 96 people to go to a game and not come home is one of the most tragic things I can imagine and just thinking about it makes me want to cry.

Spot on.

Guest toonlass

I will admit it openly and honestly, I have cried. I remember that day so well, watching it. I cried then, I have cried now. I am listening to a documentary on Century fm now and its sobering, shattering to hear the families of those who died. These people have, understandibly, never gotten over what happened.