Freds back and blasting the players

Skirge

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_headline=shepherd-in-blast-at-his-stars%26method=full%26objectid=18050064%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

d on to the shoulders of his manager. And although Shepherd was not at St James's Park to hear the demonstrations for himself, he has still taken a dim view of what happened.

The two men will discuss the fraught situation but there is not expected to be an imminent change in management.

"I don't feel under pressure, no," insisted Roeder. "And if I don't feel under pressure, I'm not fearful for my job. Glenn Roeder has stood up all his life and he will stay standing, whatever happens to him.

"I'm really not happy with the situation, it's not nice, and no one is hurting more than me. But it needs someone with broad shoulders. I have broad shoulders and I need players with broad shoulders, players who will stand alongside me, not behind me.

"The supporters have to know that the players are hurting as much as they are. I have been here as a player and I know what it is like. Now is the time to stand up."

Roeder's team have taken just eight points from a possible 33 this season and have not won a Premiership fixture in seven weeks. The club's league position is dire and a dramatic improvement is required if relegation is to be avoided.

"It has been a very disappointing start to the Premiership season," added Roeder. "But for myself, the staff and the players to start talking about relegation is premature. We need to get our focus back and start winning. That was the poorest the team has played since I took charge, there's nothing else that even comes close to that.

"The boys have put in a performance that is just not acceptable at Newcastle United and they have to be big enough to accept it. If they can't, there's a problem, but I don't think that's the case.

"We have to be man enough to say we got what we deserved. I must make sure that was a one-off."

Roeder admitted the decision to face the Blades less than 48 hours after Newcastle's Uefa Cup fixture at Palermo in order to collect a six-figure TV payment from Sky had not helped his side's efforts, although six of those who started on Saturday evening did not feature in Sicily.

And Neil Warnock rubbed salt in black-and-white wounds by insisting he has long considered the Magpies a team his side can finish above in the Premiership.

Guest smoggeordie

A 'ONE OFF'? was the stupid rodent faced cunt not at the Charlton match?2 home games 2 fucking hapless results.

Charlton, Fulham, Everton, Bolton, Sheff U were shit home results.

Why doesn't The Fat One do the team talks at half time while he's at it? Because by barging Roeder aside to lambast the players, he's effectively admitting that Roeder isn't capable of doing it to any effect himself.

Guest Gemmill

Shepherd turning up with his fresh fucking tan to tell the players where they're going wrong could actually have a detrimental effect if the players resent him for it.  Not that that will occur to the stupid fat prick.

Mad as it is, I  imagine Freddy on the war path is a pretty scary thing, as a player he would be the last man I would to upset.

The protest will have him spitting nails and he knows we lsoe again the protests are only going to get bigger.

It all looks like a smoke screen to me, G.R taking the rap for F.F.S as a reward for getting the job in the first place, misplaced loyalty Glen. You will get a knife in the back very shortly and you career/reputation ( for what it is )  will be down the pan. You only route is to resign as Houliit did and Charlton, at least that way you can keep your dignity. Get out while the going is good.

Guest thaitoon

Why doesn't The Fat One do the team talks at half time while he's at it? Because by barging Roeder aside to lambast the players, he's effectively admitting that Roeder isn't capable of doing it to any effect himself.

good point, why doesn"t he have a blast at himself at the same time for appointing the last few managers.