Sir Alex & Allardyce have pop at Rafa

Thespence

Fergie declares war on Rafa! United boss slams title rival for showing 'contempt' towards Big Sam and demeaning Everton

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson today declared open war on his Liverpool rival Rafael Benitez.

During a remarkable press conference at United's Carrington training base, Ferguson let rip at Benitez, accusing him of arrogance and of treating Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce with contempt.

Ferguson's attack was two-pronged as he blasted Benitez for calling Everton a small club recently and for a gesture - signalling that the contest was over - the Spaniard is accused of making to Allardyce after Liverpool scored their second goal in their 4-0 defeat of Blackburn at Anfield last weekend.

Ferguson said: 'You can't forgive his contempt for Sam Allardyce last week.

'Did you see it? Did you see the gesture he made? You can't do that.

'I don't think Sam deserves that, a man who has worked so hard for the League Managers' Association and who has worked so hard with young players.

'No other Liverpool manager would ever have done that.

'It's beyond the pale.'

Ferguson and Benitez have gone head-to-head in recent weeks as the race for the Barclays Premier League title has hotted up.

But today's volley from the United manager is the most astonishing yet

Ferguson added: 'What he said about Everton being a small club just points to his arrogance.

'They are a big club.'

Ferguson's team face Everton in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley on Sunday and the Scot has promised to make changes from the team that beat Porto in the Champions League on Wednesday.

Ferguson said: 'We are facing a very hungry team as David Moyes is desperate to win a trophy.

'I know he is feeling that way and this is a big opportunity for them.

'We'll be facing a hungry team and a hungry manager.'

United had a double fitness boost this morning as full-backs Wes Brown and Rafael da Silva both trained.

Brown, who has not played for several months.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1171246/Fergie-declares-war-Rafa-United-boss-Sir-Alex-slams-title-rival-Benitez-showing-contempt-Big-Sam-demeaning-Everton.html

Sam - Rafa humiliated us

Sam Allardyce has launched a scathing attack on Rafa Benitez in the wake of Blackburn's 4-0 defeat by Liverpool at Anfield last Saturday.

Allardyce has accused the Spaniard of being 'disrespectful' and 'humiliating' over gestures he made on the touchline after Fernando Torres had headed the home side into a two-goal lead before the interval.

Television replays showed Benitez shrugged his shoulders and then crossed his hands, which Allardyce has taken to mean that the Reds boss felt the game was already over, even though there was almost an hour still to play.

Relegation-threatened Rovers, who were second best throughout the match, were missing several players through injury and employed centre-back Chris Samba in a lone striking role.

Allardyce claims he attempted to speak to Benitez about his actions after the game but could not make contact with the Spaniard and has been left fuming by the incident.

Humiliating

He told Sky Sports News: "It's not out of our system for two reasons. One is the disappointment at the way the team performed. I know we had a lot of injuries on the day, but I still felt that we should have gone there and done better than we did.

"And two, is the unfortunate gestures from Rafa Benitez after the second goal. I wanted to clarify his gestures. I think you'll see them as pretty dismissive to me and to Blackburn Rovers' team as a whole.

"I think they are disrespectful and quite humiliating.

"I waited to have a word with Rafa Benitez in his room after the game but as usual, and unfortunately, he didn't turn up.

"I was hugely disappointed by those gestures and having re-looked at them this week I think I'm right and I think everyone will see why I'm complaining."

When asked if he felt Benitez was writing his side off, Allardyce replied: "That was the feeling by the gestures. It was an open arms and a cross-over of arms as if that was it.

"The game is hard enough as it is without a fellow manager trying to do, what seemed to be, an undermining gesture."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5199709,00.html

I have saw Sam whinge on SSN, Sir Alex gripe is coming up this hour on SSN

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me. Is there a pic of this gesture?

Rafa does look like he looks at the Blackburn bench when the goal goes in & maybe gives it game over gestures.

I have updated the OP as I failed to C & P the whole lot.

Guest icemanblue

Fucking hell, I hate football journalism. Complete non-story, yet we won't hear the end of it for another four weeks.

The sensationalism is pathetic, 'launched a scathing attack' for fucks sake?!

Some of you lot are downplaying this, for me it right up there with last week EXPLOSIVE comments by Rafa: "Mind games are for managers who are affected by mind games, but I don't understand him - because he talks in a Scottish accent"

I wish Rafa would get away from these childish remarks & get personal & mention something about Fergie sons:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2296930/Darren-Ferguson-fined-after-wife-assault.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/3746565.stm

f***ing hell, I hate football journalism. Complete non-story, yet we won't hear the end of it for another four weeks.

The sensationalism is pathetic, 'launched a scathing attack' for f***s sake?!

SSN is already cranking it up, so the Saturday rags will be in overdrive.

sam slags off benitez for making jestures that measnt he thought the game was over with more than an hour still to play.

cast your minds back to pompey at home last season when sam done exactly that when 2 goals down with more than 70mins left.

my contempt for the man grows by the day.

Tbh, their all tossers. All as arrogant and pig-headed each other (OK, Allardyce edges it).

Sky Sports is pretty much a tabloid, they blow incidents so much out of proportion its ridiculous. The only real difference between them and tabloid papers is that they have TV channels.

But for Benitez to call Everton a 'small club' just shows how much of a prick he is.

And imo, Allardyce deserves alll the shit that comes his way, he's a complete wanker.

Fergie trying to get into Rafa's head ala Keegan back in the day. Fergie is doing what he always does and trying to get an upper hand and distract Rafa and Liverpool.

And Big Sam? Hah, go use a megaphone and yell orders to your bemused squad. Get over yourself, you're sh*t and we all know it.

Fergie trying to get into Rafa's head ala Keegan back in the day. Fergie is doing what he always does and trying to get an upper hand and distract Rafa and Liverpool.

And Big Sam? Hah, go use a megaphone and yell orders to your bemused squad. Get over yourself, you're sh*t and we all know it.

funny as i could swear they are just people who whinge a lot when things don't go their way and use excuses when the whinging doesn't work.

Guest Svenno

This is great. Such a non-story being blown up to something sensational yet again.

This is some sort of deal in the Sam-Fergie partnership. Sam has always been licking his arse and tried to find an excuse to pair up with him.

I remember the situation and it was a free kick out left and Benitez wanted Alonso to wait because Insua (I think) went for a run behind him. Alonso still took it and Torres nicked a goal while Rafa was shouting on Alonso. When they scored he laughed a bit and made out "Ok, then take it if you want".

It is pretty clear he's communicating with his player, and right now I cannot believe I'm actually writing about this as it's nothing to write. Let the fools play

Guest getalife

It has obviously escaped fat boy's attention, that the game was indeed over after the second goal, and then some...... :clap:

Guest firetotheworks

Fergusons comments about it being a big opportunity for Everton, and clarifying that Everton are a big team are just as condescending imo.

Fergusson will be exposing every mistake Benites makes, after his little list of complaints he read out about fergie, he will not let up now. He totally pwns benites now.

Ferguson's mind games hardly worked last time.

Liverpool have closed the gap and thrashed Man U 4-1 at Old Trafford.