Hard question.

Optimistic Nut

I have scored for Manchester United against Liverpool, and for Liverpool against Manchester United. I won the Premiership with a London club and have won trophies in Spain, Italy & Scotland, but I have never played for my country.

Who am I?"

I can't get it, and no-one I've asked can get it either.

The answer probably depends on someone who scored for one against the other in a testimonial match or something?

Maybe its Phil Chisnell? Him and Ince are the only players to have played for both that I know of.

Paul Ince?

Yeah. Paul Ince never played for England.

and the london club he won the prem with ?

my answer is to the OP question.

paul ince,didier drogba,gattuso and shola amapitony.

"I won the Premiership with a London club" is faily straightforward though surely?

I just think whenever I find out the answer to this, I'm gonna be massively dissapointed how awful a conundrum it is.

On top of Paul Ince the following players have played for Manchester United and Liverpool:

Transfers to Manchester United from Liverpool 1912 August Tom Chorlton (FB), 1920 Sept Tom Miller (F) (£2000), 1929 Feb Tommy Reid (F), 1938 Jan Ted Savage (HB), 1938 Nov Allenby Chilton (HB)

Transfers from Manchester United to Liverpool 1913 Nov John Sheldon (F), 1921 May Fred Hopkin (F), 1954 Feb Tommy McNulty (FB) (£7000), 1964 Apr Phil Chisnall (F) Liverpool (£25,000)

Copy-paste from WikiAnswers but there's a mention of that 'Premier' league in the question.

Can anyone think of Youth players, probably Italian that have made the swap between the two clubs?

The 1987 & 2007 UEFA Cup Finals ended in Scotland, as did the 1960, 1976, 2002 European Cup Final

anyone know thier salt about backroom staff?

i'd also be looking at the wording of the questions ie "won trophies in spain,italy and scotland" ie champs league final was at hampden the other year, the question does not necessarily mean he won a scottish trophy. also it doesn't say he was a player, could have been a manager or coach or whatever in for euro finals in those countries.

I bet the Man Utd/Liverpool thing involves an own goal.

Excellent shout. In that case, we're looking for a player who has played for one of the two, Chelsea and/or Arsenal as well, and who could have appeared in Champions League or UEFA Cup finals in the countries specified. Not impossible.

Emmanuel Petit springs to mind, maybe?

Excellent shout. In that case, we're looking for a player who has played for one of the two, Chelsea and/or Arsenal as well, and who could have appeared in Champions League or UEFA Cup finals in the countries specified. Not impossible.

man utd or liverpool ?

The answer is apparently Jermaine Pennant.

Scored for Liverpool against Manchester United.

Scored an o.g. for Liverpool Reserves against Manchester United Reserves.

Was on Arsenal's books when they won the Premiership.

Has won Pre Season & Youth tournaments in Spain, Italy & Scotland.

So was a bit of a sh*te question really.

I'm thinking it's most likely a poached youth player from italy, Italy-21's win everything and scoring against United and Pool' on the reserve level, and still never have been capped for the 1st international squad due to arguements or some degree of falling out.... This is nails!  :rant:

Peanut? S**t, what an anti-climax.

man utd or liverpool ?

Could have sworn he spent a season at Man United. Possibly just a crazy dream, wikipedia confirming to me that he didn't play for them.

Shite, my boss just threatened to sack me because I told him that was the answer, all the lads have been scrathing their heads for a while over this one.