Advantage or disadvantage?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

I was wondering if people thought the fact that we play twice on a monday and twice on a sunday would be an advantage to us, as we would know how the other teams facing relegation are doing, or a disadvantage, as we would have the pressure from being possibly below other teams having a game to play. Or neither obviously.

Guest toonlass

We're normally shit on the telly.

We are pretty shit when we are not on the telly too, or does MOTD count as being on the telly?

Hard to say, on one hand we know what we would have to do, on the hand it could act against us if we go a goal behind etc.

FUCK ME THIS IS SICK, WE SHOULD NOT BE HERE DAMN IT!!!!!  :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Tbh, if the players are used to playing infront of 50,000 fans every second week then I'm sure their capable of playing infront of the TV cameras.

We've been painfully shit this whole season, on TV or not.

Guest Schmocky

To be honest, the team should be just focusing on winning the games, not bother looking at what other teams are doing. We start winning our games then the teams above us are going to start looking over their shoulders and hopefully fucking up. But as soon as we start hoping for other teams to lose then it going to put more pressure on us to get the win. We focus on winning as that the only thing that going to keep us up (and actually win of course), we keep losing or drawing ain't going to help.

As stated above it really depends on the other results.  We'd be pretty nieve to think that the players could be totally insulated from results elsewhere - especially when we are playing a day or two later.

If results go our way before we play does that make the team think "It's not as important if we don't win" or "We must win to climb the table"?

If results don't go our way before we play does that make the team think "We HAVE to win" or "If we don't win we're doomed"?

It can work either way but there have been examples in the past when a dodgy late kick off has been 'engineered' so one team is still playing when a rivals fixture is over. I'm sure that has happened with Man U before so they must think it is an advantage.

Weeknight atmospheres are never that great so that could also be a mitigating factor at the home matches.  However, with this bunch cheering, singing, chanting, shouting or booing do not seem to have an effect on the performance of these gutless mercenaries - it's always shit! :shifty:

To be honest, the team should be just focusing on winning the games, not bother looking at what other teams are doing. We start winning our games then the teams above us are going to start looking over their shoulders and hopefully fucking up. But as soon as we start hoping for other teams to lose then it going to put more pressure on us to get the win. We focus on winning as that the only thing that going to keep us up (and actually win of course), we keep losing or drawing ain't going to help.

This.

I would prefer to be playing at the same time as everyone else ideally, but at the end of the day we have to just focus on our next game and make sure we do the business, if we do it makes no difference when anyone plays or doesn't play.

To be honest, the team should be just focusing on winning the games, not bother looking at what other teams are doing. We start winning our games then the teams above us are going to start looking over their shoulders and hopefully f***ing up. But as soon as we start hoping for other teams to lose then it going to put more pressure on us to get the win. We focus on winning as that the only thing that going to keep us up (and actually win of course), we keep losing or drawing ain't going to help.

This.

I would prefer to be playing at the same time as everyone else ideally, but at the end of the day we have to just focus on our next game and make sure we do the business, if we do it makes no difference when anyone plays or doesn't play.

i would prefer that aswell......aint gonna happen though. the results will have an affect when we play later.

saturdays results will have little bearing...sunderlands win drops hull in the shit as does stokes over blackburn. the position for us today hasn't changed a great deal.....however next weekend ?

Weeknight atmospheres are never that great so that could also be a mitigating factor at the home matches.  However, with this bunch cheering, singing, chanting, shouting or booing do not seem to have an effect on the performance of these gutless mercenaries - it's always shit! :shifty:

I think the opposite, I think weeknight atmospheres tend to be better.

To be honest, the team should be just focusing on winning the games, not bother looking at what other teams are doing. We start winning our games then the teams above us are going to start looking over their shoulders and hopefully f***ing up. But as soon as we start hoping for other teams to lose then it going to put more pressure on us to get the win. We focus on winning as that the only thing that going to keep us up (and actually win of course), we keep losing or drawing ain't going to help.

This.

i would prefer that aswell......aint gonna happen though. the results will have an affect when we play later.

saturdays results will have little bearing...sunderlands win drops hull in the shit as does stokes over blackburn. the position for us today hasn't changed a great deal.....however next weekend ?

Exactly why we need to just look at getting a result one game at a time. The situation is going to change every week over the next month, all we can control is our own performance so best just to focus on that, everything else is out of our hands anyway.

This.

saturdays results will have little bearing...sunderlands win drops hull in the s*** as does stokes over blackburn. the position for us today hasn't changed a great deal.....however next weekend ?

Exactly why we need to just look at getting a result one game at a time. The situation is going to change every week over the next month, all we can control is our own performance so best just to focus on that, everything else is out of our hands anyway.

easy to say.......impossible to do. next monday if results go our way the previous weekned, the team will be a bit more upbeat the fans will be less desperate and probably more supportive.

it can work fpr and against.......i wish all games kicked off at the same time.

This.

saturdays results will have little bearing...sunderlands win drops hull in the s*** as does stokes over blackburn. the position for us today hasn't changed a great deal.....however next weekend ?

easy to say.......impossible to do. next monday if results go our way the previous weekned, the team will be a bit more upbeat the fans will be less desperate and probably more supportive.

it can work fpr and against.......i wish all games kicked off at the same time.

so do I, but they don't. I just want the players to do their job and be brave. After that, if it doesn't work out then at least there will be no regrets.

I personally believe it's a disadvantage, as we are in a position where we are relying on the results of others - I hate to say it but we are. I know we can get ourselves out of this mess by winning our games but at the same time being 4 points adrift at the start of today with a tough away tie to Tottenham isn't looking too promising.

I won't complain too much though because next season we could be playing on Friday nights against the likes of Doncaster.

The atmosphere should be much better. We will know what we need to do so either way it should be louder and more intense. If the players can't raise their game to match we're f***ed either way.

I must admit, night games at SJP are usually much more atmospheric, and I hope that this will be our driving force, aiding us to get 3 points.